Alarm Levels

• Yes I have done it for FDNY. Doesn’t work 100% with all the special units but it’s better then searching for every unit

Try using the own vehicle catergory tabs, for example I have Safety Officers, I renamed their catergory to LAC SO and I can add them to a mission in the ARR tab via their own catergory

• Yes I have, if I need 10 pumps, 4 rescues 2 aerials I slow role it I do not turn them all out at the same time I transmit on alram levels and wait for each alarm to arrive before sending, I also implement cover to the stations as in IRL

• Try using the own vehicle catergory tabs, for example I have Safety Officers, I renamed their catergory to LAC SO and I can add them to a mission in the ARR tab via their own catergory

I do, do that but where it gets hard is the special units that are transported by other units. The collapse rescues are either transported by a rescue or ladder company. Now some will say just make a custom group, but that doesn't always work when the Rescue is returning from another mission and gets picked up for the new mission but the Collapse rescue is still back at quarters. Such is the same for HMTU, SSL, CPC, Squad Second Pieces, Satellite units, foam units. I made it work but it is not as easy as just making an AAR or a group or click click, there is still some searching for the right unit that happens

• I ended up getting pretty close to FDNY's alarm levels and special responses using a lot of the "Own vehicle category" option. ALL of my FDNY units are custom. Ones that don't nicely fall into a standard MC category are set up as closely as possible. The RAC's are Type-2 Engines, The Communications Support Engines run a second piece (in game) that's a MCV. The Truck Company Special Support Ladder units (SSL's) are Utilities, etc. All Ambulances are Custom as well. I don't think I did custom for NYPD, but I don't do PD alarms. I attached my ARR's and Groups. The specific units are groups and not ARR's.

It's not 100%, but I'd say it's pretty good. It also took awhile to do and I concentrated on only one Borough with some citywide special units.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!