Injured emergency responders

• To give it a more realistic feel, How about the occasional downed firefighter/EMT/police officer? Depending on the call have a risk of one or more responders getting injured thus becoming a victim themselves thus requiring an additional ambulance dispatched to that call. Which would also make it more challenging due to whatever rig had the injured member would no longer be available and would slow down that vehicles response time. The injured member would fall along the normal hospital release protocol and the vehicle would need to have another member or more than one to replace the injured.

Example: A smoke alarm. I normally send a Chief, two engines and a ladder truck. Say the truck company goes up on the roof to check for hot spots or ventilate the roof. The roof collapses and one or two firefighters fall in. That would be required to call in a mayday mayday firefighter down. Then that truck company wether a platform with only one member left or a quint with only four members left. I'd personally send in one more engine and truck company to assist as well as two ambos.

See where I'm going? Or if an engine company takes on a burning car and one or two catch fire or get severely injured due to a car explosion. I'd call in a second engine to assist and two ambos.

Or an EMT gets injured somehow. You'd need a second ambulance. Especially if the one injured was the only one on scene.

Maybe a police officer got shot and needed backup.

Those injured would be sent to the hospital and need replacements while unavailable which would challenge the player as his member count to that said station went down one.

Or an entire engine, truck, or rescue company gotten injured from a building collapse, trench rescue, ice rescue, or gas station fire. That would suck but sadly these things do happen.

Thoughts on this anyone?

• There is already an officer down call, but it’s a nice idea. Perhaps on the fire side it would require a few additional fire units as well.

I would like to take this post to bring up a minor discrepancy. Some police missions within the game (let me use Animal Attack as an example) require an ambulance for the patient on scene, HOWEVER when they upgrade to an Officer Down there is not a requirement for another ambulance to treat both the victim and the officer. I think this should be considered.

• There is already an officer down call, but it’s a nice idea. Perhaps on the fire side it would require a few additional fire units as well.

I would like to take this post to bring up a minor discrepancy. Some police missions within the game (let me use Animal Attack as an example) require an ambulance for the patient on scene, HOWEVER when they upgrade to an Officer Down there is not a requirement for another ambulance to treat both the victim and the officer. I think this should be considered.

For the Fire fighter it would be classed as a Pass Alarm which would I Think not sure but in America Make the Call get all available units in the area to respond so about 15 To 25 Fire Units

Inept Firefighting Solutions

"And you Thought the British Goverment Budget Cuts were Bad"

• That’s a little excessive... my guess is that at most it would be the addition of the equivalent of first alarm units if even that. I could not find what FDNY does in this instance.

In New York for a Pass alarm if not alarmed already a Rescue Company will be sent out to the call to do a Search and Rescue to find the People or Person Injured

Inept Firefighting Solutions

"And you Thought the British Goverment Budget Cuts were Bad"

• Don’t forget if a Pass activates genuinely it means the BA set wearer has stopped moving for an extended amount of time, you couldn’t wait for another vehicle to get there because by the time the other vehicle arrived it could be too late. You would send in a RIT team to recover the firefighter, correct me if I’m wrong but wouldn’t the RIT team already established on scene if there are BA wearers?

• Not sure how this topic got onto RIT. Which a town over from me has a RIT Rescue Engine.

Anywho, What do you guys think about this idea?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!