Larger boats

• Would players be ok with large boats routing in a straight line even though it may be slightly broken. 21

1. Yes I would be ok with it (17) 81%
    2. No I don’t like it (4) 19%

Hello everyone, I hope your all still excited for boats coming soon. This update will only contain small swift water rescue boats rather than large fire boats however, we would like to bring larger boats with it if we can. Unfortunately one of the problems that we have is water in OSM is a texture rather than a designated area, this means that vehicles can pathfind that well on water. Would you all be ok if the larger boats such as the two pictured below deployed in a straight line to the incident same as a helicopter, they may go across land though and that is why I am asking this.

We want to bring quality updates that bring the best experience possible but unfortunately there is no other way around this.

If this option goes ahead you may experience boats going over land from time to time and that is why we would like to ask you guys if this is really something you would/wouldn’t like to see.

• i wouldnt mind seeing this if it meant we get larger boats too. (within time thats it) if need be we could build stations along the coast and we wouldnt see them travel thats much over land?

as some departments have wharfs where the boats bearth when not in use, could this be a new feature to add this option to build?

• i wouldnt mind seeing this if it meant we get larger boats too. (within time thats it) if need be we could build stations along the coast and we wouldnt see them travel thats much over land?

as some departments have wharfs where the boats bearth when not in use, could this be a new feature to add this option to build?

They would be there own buildings or expansions.

• Well, what will the larger boats be able to do?
    Will they have water cannons to put out fires, will they be for rescue purposes only?

• honestly, as long as it means I can get my boat stations with my standalone fire and rescue boats I don't mind. If it has to go in a straight line then so be it.

As long as it is optional since most places do not have fire boats. Personally I would say this should be one of the last things that get added because of how few places they would be used.

It would be optional.

Well, what will the larger boats be able to do?
    Will they have water cannons to put out fires, will they be for rescue purposes only?

the larger picture is a fireboat and the smaller one is a smaller but multi fire/rescue boat. Poth pictures are marine units of the FDNY.

I would assume that they would take their role of firefighting. Weather it would be a shipboard fire or a fire on shore. It can also assist firefighters in land with pumping water if a reliable water source is a problem for units.

In regards to the Large fire boat it would allow missions such as container ship fire at large ports, that is where it will most likely be used, large ports and docks, these could be tug boats in some places.

The other boat is a Coast Guard vessel and would be more of a ocean going Rescue boat as the small ones that are coming which are toad by trailers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!