Station Fill ins

• Hey everyone,

I believe this was talked about before but I am not able to locate the thread about it.

Is there an interest or progress being made to have option for station fill ins? If we have a big fire or incident that has taken most of our resources in one area, we can have an option to send another unit from another area to fill in affected stations?

Im sorry if this was brought up before, just curious if any progress was in the works.

Thanks so much

Mike

• Other than Staging Areas, You could also place some units in reserve as out of service. And then place it in service once all of your primary units are on calls.

• Other than Staging Areas, You could also place some units in reserve as out of service. And then place it in service once all of your primary units are on calls.

Also, if you use the ARR you can excluse them from the ARR which would also help into turning them into reserve units

• Also, if you use the ARR you can excluse them from the ARR which would also help into turning them into reserve units

I never tried that yet

• Staging area can work. If I could add another idea to mix...

Since we have the ability to transfer personnel to different stations, why cant it be done with apparatus? There is an option to move the apparatus to another station, why cant there be one to return back to its original station?

At this time, I spend an extra 100,000 credits to expand stations so I have an empty bay not being used just so I can send a spare unit over to cover that station when a major incident hits.

Is it possible to add another option to send the apparatus back to its original station when incident clears? The move option is already there, all is need is a return option.

Thoughts?

• I've mention this idea so many times and sadly its been turned down everytime. There's a difference between staging and moving a unit up for cover. Anyone who's in firefighting understands what I mean. I hope that they will get the idea and add it

• Instead of having a move option, create a fill in option. A fill in option can provide all stations and you just click which station you want the apparatus to fill in, and off it goes. When the call is complete, click on the fill in apparatus and send it back to its original station. Fill ins are used to cover areas that have no apparatus due to an incident. This should be made available if we want this game to be as realistic as possible.

Why do we have a move button? It should have the ability to fill in when needed. I shouldnt have to spend 100,000 credits just so I can have an empty bay in every single station in case a fill in is needed.

• Instead of having a move option, create a fill in option. A fill in option can provide all stations and you just click which station you want the apparatus to fill in, and off it goes. When the call is complete, click on the fill in apparatus and send it back to its original station. Fill ins are used to cover areas that have no apparatus due to an incident. This should be made available if we want this game to be as realistic as possible.

Why do we have a move button? It should have the ability to fill in when needed. I shouldnt have to spend 100,000 credits just so I can have an empty bay in every single station in case a fill in is needed.

Interesting thoughts, I think the way it's put people off before is the fact you're going around the fixed price system, I mean you could just buy more places in the station than necessary to replicate these extra spaces you want and then move your vehicles around accordingly. The pricing system is fixed like this and unfortunately, in this game, replication of some emergency service features take time and money.

• Okay. I get what you are saying. But there is already a move option for each vehicle. Instead of that move option, change it to fill in, and when clicked, the list of all your stations come up and you can choose where it goes to fill in. Once the call is complete, click on that fill in vehicle and send it back to it's original station.

I just have an issue with having to expand all my 200+ fire stations at 100,000 credits each when it's not necessary. The option is already there. It just needs some tweaking. Make sense?

• Okay. I get what you are saying. But there is already a move option for each vehicle. Instead of that move option, change it to fill in, and when clicked, the list of all your stations come up and you can choose where it goes to fill in. Once the call is complete, click on that fill in vehicle and send it back to it's original station.

I just have an issue with having to expand all my 200+ fire stations at 100,000 credits each when it's not necessary. The option is already there. It just needs some tweaking. Make sense?

Hmm, interesting point again, I agree it would be nice to have this function however, how would this work for you? Would you allow the vehicle to teleport to the new station? or move towards it's station to fill on status 1? I mean if it's the latter, you would surely just let it respond as normal. I don't think it would be reasonable to implement the teleportation method as it just seems like cheating to get better response times and seems a little wrong in any sense of realism (I do respect that this is a game).

When tweaks are made, it's got to be clear what is wanted, i think we need to discuss this more and in more details to the specifics before we can say whether the functionality of this new method. This is sometimes overlooked and the apparent simplicity at a glance may be more complicated, I hope you see where I'm coming from.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!