Rescue Ladder/Prison Transport Bus

• Not sure how well this will go but trying to keep forums active and keep ideas fresh wether they're new or old.

1. Rescue Ladder - Just to be clear I am NOT referring to the the Quint, But a Platform Ladder with Heavy Rescue capabilities. So that the Platform Ladder can be used more often and the Quint won't take over entirely. Yes I understand Sebastians views on combination units but this may spice up things a little. My county has some basic Tower Ladders and a Tiller without a pump and respondes as a Rescue at times. This could even be unlocked at Captain or so.

2. Prison Transport Bus - For transport missions or missions that require multiple prisoners to be sent to Jail/Prison. Same like the Mass Casualty Unit but for Police use instead

• Based on what I constantly see mentioned when it comes to combining units - it is unlikely that a 'rescue ladder' will be introduced. While still a good idea, I think there are some other combination units that are more wanted :thumbup: But while they have been brought up, where are they primarily used?

As for prison buses... I think they have been brought up a couple times in the past, although not too sure on what the chances are of them actually being included. If at all possible, it would be cool to see it as a police unit for the game at some stage :)

• While both would be nice, the current prisoner transport system would require a small overhaul to allow more than one prisoner per vehicle. There's also have to be more missions warranting a need for these vehicles.

While a rescue ladder could work, I doubt it has similar rescue capabilities to a dedicated rescue vehicle or rescue pump, although post some photos for a better judgement. It's also another combination unit of about 30 that's already been asked for. I hate to agree with wings203 but he has a point.

• I don't know how other countries work, but in the UK, prisoners are not taken directly from the scene of the crime to Prison, hence why i don't build prisons. If there was an option to chose how many prisoners the bus could carry, and if they could also take them to police stations, i think it would be an interesting update, but both the medical and police transport systems need big updates first.

• Based on what I constantly see mentioned when it comes to combining units - it is unlikely that a 'rescue ladder' will be introduced. While still a good idea, I think there are some other combination units that are more wanted :thumbup: But while they have been brought up, where are they primarily used?

As for prison buses... I think they have been brought up a couple times in the past, although not too sure on what the chances are of them actually being included. If at all possible, it would be cool to see it as a police unit for the game at some stage :)

For the most part they're used as Ladder Trucks but I've seen them also go out as a Rescue when needes. Lol

I get your guys points just figured I would bring some ideas up is all haha.

I agree there are other combination units that are wanted more.

• But i don´t understand that a Heavy Rescue or a Utility Unit cannot work at a Tree Mission like an Engine and a Truck :huh: .
    Do not they have a saw on board ?( ?

Please ask Sebastian to add this possibilitys :love: .

I think , there are only 2 or 3 missions with Trees:

Tree on Road=Engine or Truck :thumbup: ,
    Tree on Bike way= Engine or Truck :thumbup: ,
    Person under Tree= Engine+EMS :thumbsup: .

Any tree removal can also be solved by HRV + Utility , if necessary together with EMS :thumbsup:
    It's easy to program and something for the fast missionary Friday. No big Thing :saint:

• For the most part they're used as Ladder Trucks but I've seen them also go out as a Rescue when needes. Lol
    I get your guys points just figured I would bring some ideas up is all haha.

I agree there are other combination units that are wanted more.

Sorry, that sounded a little disheartening on my behalf although I felt a little sprinkle of being realistic would be required before we get carried away. I would totally like to see both the units, however there are some fundamental items that need attention before these would work, and work well.

They should work on those missions, unsure how and why this isn't working for you. Post some screenshots and open up a new thread and I'm sure we'll be able to help...

• This should already be working as mentioned above.

The road accident should also be able to require a HRV or pump

I’m sure that can be looked in to.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!