Patients becoming deceased

• Hey,

Pretty self explanatory. A percentage on certain calls for patients to become deceased. Either a coroner unit or an ambulance crew could take care of them.

This reflects very well in real life.

The only problem that could occur is that people could be sensitive to the topic. I've read that certain things like certain ideas for different calls have been declined due to this.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thank you!

• I'd rather leave the fairly simplistic system with patients being simply 'treated' and then transported, makes it rather universal compared to having another system which may not be compatible with someone's setup.

With regards to sensitivity, death happens, it can happen at any time and any place, while this is a game, with the ideal that everyone stays, alive I think it's important to address the fact that this just doesn't happen.

It's a very difficult topic, although if anything I prefer simplicity and universality over the addition of the feature in this case.

• It would need to be linked to each "medical code" a patient has (A-E with numbers) with an appropriate percentage to each, the reality is that paramedics can't save everyone but certainly do their best - so if it was uncommon/rare that would be a good idea that I can support, use common sense so you don't have people dropping like flies from a fevers or nosebleeds.

This game is very good with it's simplicity, yet features such as the one where calls can be upgraded/downgraded makes it more enjoyable and realistic that circumstances in emergencies can change rapidly. Obviously we are looking forward to an EMS update to come out at some point, so in the future this would be cool to explore.

• Something else that I do not know if it would be possible, is that if a unit does not arrive on scene quick enough, the patient has a higher chance of dying.

A thing worth noting however, is that when someone dies, it's no longer an emergency issue. It generally doesn't fall to emergency services to deal with bodies. It's therefore not really applicable to the game, as the only result will be the removal of the patient from the care of the ambulance.

• A thing worth noting however, is that when someone dies, it's no longer an emergency issue. It generally doesn't fall to emergency services to deal with bodies. It's therefore not really applicable to the game, as the only result will be the removal of the patient from the care of the ambulance.

Not to mention the logistics that would be required to create a morgue, and the "treatment" of the corpses. All around, I can see both sides of the coin.

T. Wise
    Commissioner of Emergency Operations
    South Central PA | MissionChief Alliance
    Serving South Central, PA and Delaware

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!