Staff for hospitals and dispatch centres

• This may have been suggested in the past, but my searching came up empty...

Can we have the option to hire staff at hospitals and dispatch centres?
    Yes it may not have any influence on gameplay, but at least we wouldn't need to operate 'staffless' hospitals! I make a reference to this as when viewing the building list via the dispatch centre, it lists '0' staff - which is quite a cause for concern! :P If we want to go even further, could we hire different staff types? E.g. doctors, nurses, cleaners etc.

So while I was thinking about the magically run hospitals... :D I thought, how about the dispatch centres? Technically they would need operators/dispatchers, otherwise who is running the dispatch services? Could this also be looked into?

There may be another building or two I failed to mention, but these two would be the first steps in the right direction! What do you think? :thumbup:

• There needs to be more thought behind this other that it 'looks wrong'.

If it has no influence on gameplay then there's really no point to it. Don't be afraid to suggest changes to gameplay, you may still get people like me telling you we disagree, but at least you're bringing something new into discussion.

• It may seem pointless on one end but on another it could also affect the speed of operations for how fast the hospitals and dispatch centers can work. The more the staff the better it works? Maybe have it optional for players who would like to use it for a feel of realism

• It may seem pointless on one end but on another it could also affect the speed of operations for how fast the hospitals and dispatch centers can work. The more the staff the better it works? Maybe have it optional for players who would like to use it for a feel of realism

Now that's much less pointless as there's some suggestion of a change to gameplay. There is now something worth discussing.

I actually like that idea. The more staff, the quicker the hospital works. There would obviously be catches to this such as limiting the number of staff possible and such but the principle could be the same.

That said there could be loads of other advantages with the hospital such as manning of certain departments and with the dispatch centre you could have certain options only becoming available with a certain number of staff.

There are so many options open with this although I'm sure there are plenty of other ideas out there worth sharing.

• Now that's much less pointless as there's some suggestion of a change to gameplay. There is now something worth discussing.
    I actually like that idea. The more staff, the quicker the hospital works. There would obviously be catches to this such as limiting the number of staff possible and such but the principle could be the same.

That said there could be loads of other advantages with the hospital such as manning of certain departments and with the dispatch centre you could have certain options only becoming available with a certain number of staff.

There are so many options open with this although I'm sure there are plenty of other ideas out there worth sharing.

The only complicated part about having different staff members for Hospitals would be trying to recruit day after day this starting off slow unless you can pay credits or coins to get more.

Orrrrr! Have a training course for an EMS Academy to train EMS Personnel to be a Doctor or Nurse and have them automatically transferred to the hospital or have that figured out somehow. Could go along with our current EMS Updates.

For Dispatch Centers, I guess have a maximum of 10 to 20 Dispatchers? That's a little tricky right there unless someone has any other ideas they'd like to share

• There needs to be more thought behind this other that it 'looks wrong'.
    If it has no influence on gameplay then there's really no point to it. Don't be afraid to suggest changes to gameplay, you may still get people like me telling you we disagree, but at least you're bringing something new into discussion.

I get what you're saying, but at the same time there are a number of 'pointless' things already in the game :huh:

Take the type 2 engine for example - what is the point? Absolutely nothing. You could simply rename/reconfigure a type 1. It's there to offer variation to the players. Having staff at these such facilities may seem pointless, but it makes sense.

If after all this, people still aren't convinced... Then maybe just get rid of the '0' staff listed for hospitals - replace it with a blank space.

• I get what you're saying, but at the same time there are a number of 'pointless' things already in the game :huh:
    Take the type 2 engine for example - what is the point? Absolutely nothing. You could simply rename/reconfigure a type 1. It's there to offer variation to the players. Having staff at these such facilities may seem pointless, but it makes sense.

If after all this, people still aren't convinced... Then maybe just get rid of the '0' staff listed for hospitals - replace it with a blank space.

We are acknowledging that it's a good idea, we just want to see something better come about from it.

Type 2s have an in game function, they can perform the same in game role as a type one and therefore are not completely pointless. Simply just adding numbers onto two buildings for no real reason is however completely useless. It's been made clear that there might as well be something to add here, for which we supplied some suggestions.

• We are acknowledging that it's a good idea, we just want to see something better come about from it.
    Type 2s have an in game function, they can perform the same in game role as a type one and therefore are not completely pointless. Simply just adding numbers onto two buildings for no real reason is however completely useless. It's been made clear that there might as well be something to add here, for which we supplied some suggestions.

My point is that the type 2 engines are duplicating what the type 1 can already do - so what's the point?

Perhaps the release of patients is something that can be considered? More staff would mean faster work right? Although I feel like this point about release times has already been brought up... But it would definitely make sense to speed the process up if you have more hands available! 8)

• There are plans to add an ambulance extension to hospitals in the future so that will require there to be personnel. As for dispatch centres, these serve as management and settings menus and not much else. If they controlled how missions spawn then I can some what see how you could do something with a personnel count but I don’t think it would be a necessary feature to add.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!