Response Priority Selection

• An implementation to be able to send units to calls without lights and sirens. Much like sending units to smoke detector checks or concerts. Not all calls are required to be emergency responses, and in some cases some units respond emergency while others continue non-emergent. A simple toggle button like the Share mission icon could be implemented to send selected unit with no lights.

• I do agree, there should be like a code response;

Code 1 Response - No Lights or Sirens
    Code 2 Response - Lights, but no Sirens
    Code 3 Response - All Light Christmas Tree with jingle bells

• I do agree, there should be like a code response;

Code 1 Response - No Lights or Sirens
    Code 2 Response - Lights, but no Sirens
    Code 3 Response - All Light Christmas Tree with jingle bells

I personally don't see any difference between code 2 and 3 in this game at all.
    There would realistically only be a point to this if the speed o vehicles could be changed, there isn't, so there's little need.

• I personally don't see any difference between code 2 and 3 in this game at all.There would realistically only be a point to this if the speed o vehicles could be changed, there isn't, so there's little need.

Did you not see my little joke?

• So im going to through up a problem that i may have thought of. Currently when you dispatch a vehicle to a mission you click on the mission. Click on either the vehicle or you alarm and response plan and then click dispatch. By adding then the option to select how this vehicle will respond to the mission it may slow down players ability to dispatch to missions. Also would the player have to select how each individual vehicle will respond (With lights or without) as this would potentially take a lot of time, for example i have a ARR that dispatches 68 vehicles. If it was done by the ARR, what happens if the player wants to send police on an emergency response and ambulance on a non emergency response?

Im not saying its a bad idea. Im just trying to throw up penitential conflicts that need to be thought about and discussed

• So im going to through up a problem that i may have thought of. Currently when you dispatch a vehicle to a mission you click on the mission. Click on either the vehicle or you alarm and response plan and then click dispatch. By adding then the option to select how this vehicle will respond to the mission it may slow down players ability to dispatch to missions. Also would the player have to select how each individual vehicle will respond (With lights or without) as this would potentially take a lot of time, for example i have a ARR that dispatches 68 vehicles. If it was done by the ARR, what happens if the player wants to send police on an emergency response and ambulance on a non emergency response?

Im not saying its a bad idea. Im just trying to throw up penitential conflicts that need to be thought about and discussed

I think by default, all vehicles should be dispatched with lights and sirens. If the player wishes to then have a handful of units respond non-urgently, then they can tick a box for that to happen perhaps?

Not sure about ARR though, as I don't use it... :D

• Having sirens might not be that bad. I wish you could upload like sound files for the sirens, or pick them out of library. When you zoom in on the code 3 unit you can hear the sirens, when you zoom out, it fades away.

So in my idea how I thought it out would be like this; Basically the default is as it stands, all vehicles respond in emergency mode by default. Therefore if a player decides they don't want to use this feature they are not required to. My idea follows as such, basically the implementation of a new dispatch button that simply send the selected dispatch resources non-emergent. Sort of how there is a default button to "Send and Share Mission". With this idea though, the addition of an option next to dispatched resources, sort of like "Cancel" but to upgrade or Downgrade the units already dispatched. Another idea, for players that may not want to use it could be to make it an option in the dispatch settings, but with my idea as it stands unless the player specifically chooses the "non-emergent" dispatch setting it wouldn't change their experience at all, sort of how players choose not to use the "Send and Share" button.

• So in my idea how I thought it out would be like this; Basically the default is as it stands, all vehicles respond in emergency mode by default. Therefore if a player decides they don't want to use this feature they are not required to. My idea follows as such, basically the implementation of a new dispatch button that simply send the selected dispatch resources non-emergent. Sort of how there is a default button to "Send and Share Mission". With this idea though, the addition of an option next to dispatched resources, sort of like "Cancel" but to upgrade or Downgrade the units already dispatched. Another idea, for players that may not want to use it could be to make it an option in the dispatch settings, but with my idea as it stands unless the player specifically chooses the "non-emergent" dispatch setting it wouldn't change their experience at all, sort of how players choose not to use the "Send and Share" button.

To be honest, I don't think the addition of a button at the bottom of the dispatch window is going to be the end of the world, however the consideration for others is rather appropriate. What I am going to question is the necessity for an unlighted approach. All calls, in this game, that have the lighted response would have been appropriately graded by the call taking facility as an emergency call. I'd therefore question whether you need this response grade as an option.

• To be honest, I don't think the addition of a button at the bottom of the dispatch window is going to be the end of the world, however the consideration for others is rather appropriate. What I am going to question is the necessity for an unlighted approach. All calls, in this game, that have the lighted response would have been appropriately graded by the call taking facility as an emergency call. I'd therefore question whether you need this response grade as an option.

Essentially it depends on where you are from and how you want to run your simulation. Speaking for myself, a large number of the police calls, some of the ambulance calls, and a portion of the fire calls would not require an emergency response. A few for example from each: Police- Parked Car Accident, Burglary, Fare dodger, pick pocketing, keys locked in vehicle; EMS- Nosebleed, fever; Fire- Tree down on roadway, Road Accident with no injury would be a split response; there are too many missions to list all of them, but thats essentially the basic idea and the idea making them selectable and not just a standard. Some jurisdiction send everything Emergent; others have become selective due to the lights and sirens not making a notable difference in time or outcome. Some areas send all Alpha and Bravo medicals, Code 2 (no lights or siren). Others it doesn't matter. Another way to look at it is on the back end, all transports from scene for PD and EMS are all emergency transporting. There is almost never an emergency transport of a prisoner to jail, and most EMS transports are not emergency. (Though this wasn't included in the original idea, hopefully it gives kind of an example)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!