Revisit on Tow Trucks

• We've had multiple discussions in the past and I know it's not an Emergency Service but could we think about this again being a potential unit? Some are run by civilian companies and some are Fire or Police. It would be realistic for MVA scenarios and would be fun to use. Maybe be an optional unit for those who wouldn't want this.

• So at the moment the game is just focused on emergency services however at one point we are going to start running out of things to add. Perhaps a department of transport would be worth looking at when we get to this stage. Things like tow trucks, snowplows for winter missions etc.

• We've had multiple discussions in the past and I know it's not an Emergency Service but could we think about this again being a potential unit? Some are run by civilian companies and some are Fire or Police. It would be realistic for MVA scenarios and would be fun to use. Maybe be an optional unit for those who wouldn't want this.

So my issue with the whole non-emergency side of things is that it takes away from the focus of the game which is the emergency services. I realize it definitely adds to the realism, however it's difficult for me to support this while this game feels quite young.

• You have me a little concerned when you said at some point we will start running out of things to add. At that point what would happen with the game if we ran out of ideas?

Even though I am not really too concerned about that at this moment as we are still on an EMS update and later on with a Wildland update but I see where you are going with this. I bring up old ideas so we could have something to discuss when the forums are at a stand still and also so we can possibly come up with new ideas by talking about older ones. :D

• You have me a little concerned when you said at some point we will start running out of things to add. At that point what would happen with the game if we ran out of ideas?

Even though I am not really too concerned about that at this moment as we are still on an EMS update and later on with a Wildland update but I see where you are going with this. I bring up old ideas so we could have something to discuss when the forums are at a stand still and also so we can possibly come up with new ideas by talking about older ones. :D

I fully understand and support your position in reviving this 'old thread', it's one of many topics that is constantly addressed. We have to be very careful, however, with how the potential addition could work as the variance in opinions is so great. I'd still like to see some discussion as to what would be expected from such addition.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!