Wildland Fire Forest Service

• The only thing I thought with the spotters would be like the command vehicle requirement, but I do agree that would complicate it.
    As for the heli-tenders I agree with the use of the tankers as long as ground vehicles or tankers were able to be at the location.

• Interesting... Is that the case with American services? :huh: Not sure about others, but my local service has a number of 'spotter helicopters', which then report back to small single prop planes/air cranes and ground units.
    In terms of adding them into the game however, I can't think of how they could actually be used. Maybe someone else can?

I may have caused confusion by saying spotter planes. The large planes can not operate without a designator plane that uses smoke to show the large aircraft where to drop due to the reduced visibility form the cockpit. In terms of fire spotting I believe there is a wide range of options from people in spotting towers, to helicopters and even large drones.

The problem is this isn’t going to be an update just for those in rural California and Australia where we are talking hundreds of thousands of square miles of forest so adding all the spotting infrastructure won’t be of any use to those on for example east coast US and other areas. The chances are non of that will be needed. Maybe a timed fire spotting mission but that’s about it.

• In theory, an air tanker could be renamed to satisfy someones realism if they so chose... correct?

It could. That is the other option rather than the three tier approach is to have one type of air tanker and then the player renames and puts a new graphic on it but then like I say you would loose that three tier system.

• The tier system would be helpful for some who want to stay with smaller aircraft, or those who would want to get into medium and large air tankers. Obviously the very large tankers would defeat the purpose for most but the large tier could simply be named and graphic differently to achieve a VLAT for those who want to play with the big boys

• What I'd like to see the most is brush trucks and pumper tankers but I'm pretty sure when a wildland update does happen the items we request the most will probably be closer to the end as it is something that we will be looking forward to which I love the anticipation and thrill of waiting for a soln to be unit or update.

Any aerial firefighting unit I would love to see as well but these two on the top of my list.

• To my knowledge Type 3 is a brush engine combo, Type 6 is a brush unit and another unit we are pushing to get would be a Pumper Tanker which is basically an Engine & Tanker combo and one of the most highly requested units from the two years I've been playing probably longer than that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!