allowing you to pick the varriaty of calls

• instead of having a general call speed button can we have one for police fire and ambulance because I get flooded with lots of fire calls and no police and ambulance calls were in real life here the fire fighters go on like 5 calls a day and the police and ambulance are the ones getting like 50 calls a day

• I have
    8 fire stations
    1 combined ems fire (the fire units in it are ambulance rescue which is a thing here in Australia)
    4 ems stations
    2 police stations

but I have put more stations than what there is in real life when it comes to EMS in my local area that is fairly large there is only one EMS station but the EMS gets more calls then the fire services

here in Australia the emergency services cover huge areas in some cases it is quicker to send a volunteer fire truck that's has a 30 min response time (and that's not including the time it takes for the volunteers to get to the station) to get form the station to the scene and most of the time the fire truck will get there before the ambulance does so in some cases in Australia it can take over an hour for an ambulance to get to you

in my town we have one ambulance station that covers it I have had to put 4 additional ambulance stations and I still get more fire calls here the fire service respond to about 3000 calls but the ems responds to 7000 calls that's why I'm asking for us to change the range in what calls can be found(see other post here:radio stations) but the Varity as well so I can have more EMS and police calls than fire

• ok but games till value players opinions, i guess not this game though. and thats why you lose players.

Of course players opinions are extremely important and suggestions are read. With the exception of a very select few ideas which have been declined (with explanations given), the huge majority of suggestions are looked at and considered.

There is a difference between a suggestion being declined/ignored and it not simply getting around to looking at that suggestion in the limited time the developer gets with MissionChief. Rome wasn't built in a day.

• No, but Rome was built over a very long time with the input of all romans. Misisonchief is much the same way. Also, there was a long period where all of us romans were disregarded. Not everyone trusts you yet. Make sure that we do!

Rome is still being built!

MissionChief unfortunately, unlike Rome, only has the hands on building power of one person. The rest of the MissionChief staff are moderators and while we collate the requests and push those we think would benefit the game more, this isn't something we can influence any further. Some of the team have access to translating the game but it isn't that straight forward without knowing some German so takes a bit of time. Also, changes can't happen over night and the developer has their own plans for the game also. Therefore ideas that are put forward may take months to see being looked at while others may appear sooner. I would like to think the community would recognise the recent increase in updates Sebastian has been doing with more to come (one within the next 24-48 hours). I understand that some players maybe disappointed not to see a recently suggested feature being added but fear not, it may not be long before it does.

• exactly. this game hasnt chnged much over that past years... very minor changes.

That is all down to it's lack of success in comparison to the German and Dutch versions. When Sebastian and SH Play created those, they very quickly got a large number of players taking interest. Sebastian even appeared on TV in Germany to discuss the company and the games he has worked on with the company.
    Additionally the reason why there are separate games is so that those wanting to play a US version of the game didn't have to rely on the German/Dutch based missions and units and instead have their own; hence why we have MissionChief. Sebastian is German and has good knowledge of German firefighting so has been self-efficient in setting up those versions. When it comes to America, Sebastian does not have any knowledge of American firefighting or units so has had to seek information from staff to get where he has now.

And that is why MissionChief is less detailed than the other games. It's been harder for Sebastian and his team to create the units, translate the game properly and quite frankly is a nightmare to manage all 'in-house' (ie within the development team). I guess we can all agree that it's probably due to the lesser detail it could be why MissionChief hasn't been as popular as the other games?

Either way, Sebastian has to divide his time based on the best interest of the business he works for. It's important to remember this isn't a side project someone does on the side of a full time job or college; it's what puts food on the table for a family and a roof over their head.

I can't get the exact figures of how many people play each game, but if you consider the activity of the forums for both MissionChief and the German/Dutch version it gives you some idea on why MissionChief isn't updated as regularly and how popular each one is. It's not an accurate reflection in any way but I'm sure the way the numbers are stacked isn't any different.

PostsMembersPost per day
    MissionChief Board2,3532024.74
    German Board149,4117,084128.03

It would be an illogical decision to spend an equal amount of time on MissionChief when it's return isn't anywhere near as good as the other games. Especially when you consider MissionChief is a free-to-play game at it's core.

I mean, the alternative I guess is to close MissionChief down and re-release it when it has more units/missions in it? The rate it's updated wouldn't be any different nor would it speed anything up so it's best off staying going and it's worked on as and when possible with the community ideas thrown in. Personally I'm quite happy to see it build up as it is but a single person can only do so much and they need to make the right decisions for their business as a whole. That is the same with any game company. That will obviously leave some people unhappy but presuming the decision is made with the best interests of a majority then really that is the best you can do.

If you believe there is a way a sole developer can better spend their time to be more efficient on MissionChief without having any impact on the development of the two primary games then PM me. However, I think Sebastian does well in juggling them as he does currently.

The best way to see what you want quicker is to get this game to be more popular anyway you can. Get your friends on-board and playing. The more active players the more time can be spent on MC. Continue saying what you want to see as the more active everyone is here giving their opinions on idea helps also.

• Very well said Jason! Couldn't have said that any better. The community needs to understand that it's solely one person developing this game and things need to happen step by step. There is one man doing the work of many to keep this game up and running. We Moderators send up ALL logical suggestions to him. I have no idea how to code or anything. Just working with him this past year. I can tell it's very stressful. We ask that you all be patient and understand. It's ONE man developing this game...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!