EMS Questions and Graphic Pack Question

• I have been playing this game for a few weeks and now have built up 4 fire stations and a hospital in Washington DC. with only a couple rigs missing out of the four stations. Now, this includes the DC ambulances that run out of the stations. I am wondering why the expansion to have an ambulance in a station costs SOOO much. 100000$. Same as a whole new station? Now I will have to do this 33 times for every fire station I build so just to have ems realistically in the fire stations will cost over 3 million. Anyway to bypass this without just only having ambulance stations? Maybe can the ambulance extension cost be decreased at least to 50000 maybe 25000? Also could there be a way to make an ambulance difference between BLS and ALS? Like in what calls require which ambulances, and a way to mark each ambulance as one or the other, to further realism. My last question is if anyone is interested in making a DCFD graphics pack to be made public? Just a thought. Thanks for your time in reading this.

• 100000$. Same as a whole new station?

Well, yes. It has the same effect as building a new station, so why wouldn't it cost that much.

I know 100,000 credits seems like a lot right now, but it gets better as you build up more stations and get access to higher-paying missions.

With that said, there have been complaints about price scaling in general, and we're looking at how we might be able to address it.

• Shouldn't be as much as building a new station? In real life do they put ambulances in a separate building right next door to some firestations? Or do they put it directly in another bay with the fire trucks. The second one.. haha yeah I can see why adding a bay would cost a lot of money but not as much as building a whole new station in another district. But thanks for the reply.

• Shouldn't be as much as building a new station? In real life do they put ambulances in a separate building right next door to some firestations? Or do they put it directly in another bay with the fire trucks. The second one.. haha yeah I can see why adding a bay would cost a lot of money but not as much as building a whole new station in another district. But thanks for the reply.

I could not have said it better!!

• Considering EMS stations are 200k you're paying half as much as another station.

This is correct, but still I think it is overkill to be able to add on to an already existing fire station, when you already are paying the 100000 for another spot in your station, so you are still actually paying 200000. So just to have an ambulance in all 33 of the my firestations in Washington DC, which is how they do it there, I am paying 6,600,000(+the 5000 per rig) for those ambulances. when I would be paying only 3,300,000(+ rigs) if it was just adding another space like they would actually do. I don't know still think its overkill. I am ok with it now but later on when I still have 28 stations to complete to just finish DC I don't want to be cashing that much out on just getting my ems set up without counting 30 more engines, 10 ladders, etc.

• Considering EMS stations are 200k you're paying half as much as another station.

But then a lot of people don't believe we should be paying 200k for an EMS Station (esp. when you consider the size difference of one of those compared to a Fire Station). So with that and the fact that as Camhesse said, you are basically paying for a new station instead of a bay / shelter for your EMS vehicles, 50k sounds incredibly fair.

• What if we cut the build time down from a week to a few days or less? Would it be worth the 100k then?

Personal opinion is that there shouldn't be one at all. Seems silly that the biggest buildings in the game (Fire/Police Training, Fire Stations, Hospitals etc) can be built instantly but smaller rooms, bays or cells take a whole week in real-time. I think the whole thing needs an overhaul as a lot of it just doesn't make sense.

• If there weren't the high cost price and the build time then there would be no point in having the EMS stations in the game. Lets say you have the EMS bay at like 50k and you keep the EMS stations at 200k you could effectively have a Fire station with two fire bays and an EMS bay for roughly close to the cost of an EMS station (I know it's a couple thousand over but what ever). Everything is balanced at a point where it keeps everything competitive. If you want to have EMS units in you fire stations you have to be ready to wait a week and pay the 100k instead of waiting just another couple hours to earn the 200k. It all comes down to planing and your play style. I feel the pain on the cost and wait time as I have a 50+ station county emergency system that I am trying to recreate and there are Ambulances in every station but that's a price I'm willing to pay to recreate the county. I honestly would like to see the time cut down to maybe five days but if it comes down to adjusting this or getting new content in the game, give me that new content.

• If there weren't the high cost price and the build time then there would be no point in having the EMS stations in the game. Lets say you have the EMS bay at like 50k and you keep the EMS stations at 200k you could effectively have a Fire station with two fire bays and an EMS bay for roughly close to the cost of an EMS station (I know it's a couple thousand over but what ever). Everything is balanced at a point where it keeps everything competitive. If you want to have EMS units in you fire stations you have to be ready to wait a week and pay the 100k instead of waiting just another couple hours to earn the 200k. It all comes down to planing and your play style. I feel the pain on the cost and wait time as I have a 50+ station county emergency system that I am trying to recreate and there are Ambulances in every station but that's a price I'm willing to pay to recreate the county. I honestly would like to see the time cut down to maybe five days but if it comes down to adjusting this or getting new content in the game, give me that new content.

Well they you are crazy that you are gonna play the game that long to recreate that system. I am doing 33 stations + about 10 police stations for the moment. I have have 6 stations and 3 police stations. only 1/6 of the way done. im now making money faster, but its still hard to make the kinda money. It shouldn't cost as much as the ems station cause you arent building a whole new thing. you are still paying over 200000 per ambulance, as if you are just making the ems station. even though its not a new location, so it still doesnt make sense. It is gonna cause many people to lose interest in this game, because you spend SO much time to do only a little bit. And also so many people quit the game so fast because they feel like it takes too long to start building stations. I have friends that quit after only building 2 or 3 stations and would not stay in the game. So some cost and time cuts might help keep people interested.

• Personally, I feel as if the medical services should be able to be integrated with the fire houses. I know a lot of countries (not only the United States) who practice the same thing as it saves space and money.

That's already in the game, go to a fire station and click on the tab that says expandsion, it cost 100,000, to build and it lets paramedic vehicles to be parked at a fire station

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!