Hospital beds

• With these new 100+ patient missions, shouldnt the hospitals have more beds?

I've got 5ish hospitals just in Newcastle (+numerous clinics), but they are full after 3-4 missions of these types.

Not a big stuff, but maybe elevating the max to 40-50 iso the current 30?

cheers.

• Here is a full list of all 100+ patient missions on the UK Game

Mass crush at festival

Stage Collapse at Festival

Passenger Train Derailment

Multiple vehicle RTC - Major Incident

Nuclear Power Station Incident (Major Incident) ( has 80 but is close enough)

Large Aircraft Crash Off Airport

• I personally haven’t had an issue with beds but I suppose it depends on total amount of hospitals and what area in the country you are playing in.

When designing the missions for the mass casualty extension, I deliberately made the transport chance low to simulate walking wounded so although you may have 100+ casualties, a smaller number will need transport.

I’ll bring it up. Part of the ambulance packs was a partial solution to this but it never came. It wouldn’t be a full solution to the issue though.

• I personally haven’t had an issue with beds but I suppose it depends on total amount of hospitals and what area in the country you are playing in.

When designing the missions for the mass casualty extension, I deliberately made the transport chance low to simulate walking wounded so although you may have 100+ casualties, a smaller number will need transport.

I’ll bring it up. Part of the ambulance packs was a partial solution to this but it never came. It wouldn’t be a full solution to the issue though.

I'll be happy with lets say +10beds. I also dont want to make it unrealistic, IC beds were never too much IRL.

+Or maybe differentiate more between hospitals?

E.g.

-community (general whatever) hospitals (fewer beds, not all of the expansions avail.)

-acute hospitals (more beds and expansions)

-MTCs

++And maybe make different beds for different wards?

edit.

just had a psgr train derail: 120+, had to transport 90ish, having lets say 3-5 in a day of

these scale, and your hospitals full -if you wont cancel transports (i have 9 hospitals, 7 clinics)

i appreciate you doing that but the transporting can be 30+ which is a the the size of a full sized hospital

• That’s similar to what was planned. I don’t think we would add different wards as they usually aren’t emergency department beds. A hospital may have 6-700 beds, but only a small number are in the emergency department hence why you get ambulances queuing because there is no free beds

• That’s similar to what was planned. I don’t think we would add different wards as they usually aren’t emergency department beds. A hospital may have 6-700 beds, but only a small number are in the emergency department hence why you get ambulances queuing because there is no free beds

I mean there are different number of beds are at the pediatric ward, another one is the A&E or trauma.

And the said patient would use the relevant wards bed.

And i'm not queing my ambulances, those are 1. stuck in a mission with all my other stuffs,or 2.cancelled and go home.

Any chance having these different types of hospitals sometime?

• I never said you would have to queue ambulances in game but it’s something that does happen in real life. And it’s rare that even a child patient will be taken straight to a childrens ward, same as trauma, these are triaged through the emergency department first before being transferred to a ward or theatre, hence why patients get discharged after an hour, they aren’t being discharged from hospital, just moved from the emergency department to the ward.

Respectfully I’m not going to say yes to your request for different hospitals.

A: You are the only one to have asked and I can’t just say yes to every idea put forward.

B: As has happened in the past, I am then held to that with no flexibility by the community and then I get the brunt of it when the devs decide something different

• Ok, no harm was meant.

I thought 'That’s similar to what was planned.' was for the different hospitals.

• what about a triarge unit. Where it sets up and can be use for no urgant patients.

I know a few areas have eirther trailed them or use them. There are comman to see at festivals and large events, but could be used on large scale calls. That would reduce the number of people needing to go to hospital.

Just a thought

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!