"Move-Ups"

• I am playing a realistic game based on Salt Lake City and surrounding areas. One thing I would love to see implemented is a way to "Move-up" or backfill stations. In other words, if I have a pretty big event running in one part of the city I would like to be able to move some units temporarily from one of the stations further away to provide coverage. This could also be done as in department, mutual aid, or a Alliance request as well. I think this would add more realism as it's something that occurs every day.

• There's a thing for this already in the game, it's called a Staging Area. You can build them for free and they last 24h. They act like a temporary station. Once you assign a unit to it, the unit will respond to missions from it and return to it when the mission is completed. It's at the bottom of the new building tab. Other people in your alliance can also use it.

• There's a thing for this already in the game, it's called a Staging Area. You can build them for free and they last 24h. They act like a temporary station. Once you assign a unit to it, the unit will respond to missions from it and return to it when the mission is completed. It's at the bottom of the new building tab. Other people in your alliance can also use it.

Yes, that can be used as a clunky workaround but doesn't function very well. A big issue is it's 24 hours and no way to delete it... if I used these how I would intend I'd have staging areas at every station by end of the day. I would also have to create a staging area each time I needed one. I could fudge the realism factor and create just a few strategically placed ones (North. South, East, West) but they would need to be refreshed each day. What I would prefer, and would fit the real world is you can send any unit to any station via dispatch not a transfer since its temporary.

• Yes, that can be used as a clunky workaround but doesn't function very well. A big issue is it's 24 hours and no way to delete it... if I used these how I would intend I'd have staging areas at every station by end of the day. I would also have to create a staging area each time I needed one. I could fudge the realism factor and create just a few strategically placed ones (North. South, East, West) but they would need to be refreshed each day. What I would prefer, and would fit the real world is you can send any unit to any station via dispatch not a transfer since its temporary.

This has been asked for before and despite the fact that I agree with you that is a needed feature, I do not feel it will happen anytime soon, if at all. As you said, you could fudge it using the staging area. I have tried it buy just placing the staging area so that it touches the fire station and then I name it "Station 5 Move Up". It seems an extra step and cumbersome but in the end it works and the staging areas don't cost.

• We submitted this idea as part of the quality of life pack. The status of this is not known to me, but we have been keen to see this feature for a long time now. A cumbersome workaround in the meantime could be to add an additional bay to each station and move units into it when you want them to standby there. As with all updates, there is no ETA but we have asked for it, and we do want it.

• I tried an extra bay on stations and moved trucks, but they cannot be turned out on the route to the covering station, so not ideal.

I know it is a pain in the butt, but the easy way is to just build a staging area on top of your stations each day and use that for move ups. It works as I have tried it. The units will show up as available in the closest staging area and you can send them... And....it is FREE

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!