Volcanic Eruption calls

• In 1980 Mount St Helens erupted and before the volcano erupted they evacuated people. I think it would be a good idea to have a scenario of which simulates that in the game.

Some types of calls that might be good are:
    -Evacuation of near-by towns
    -Fire caused by Lava
    -Inhalation of ash

• In 1980 Mount St Helens erupted and before the volcano erupted they evacuated people. I think it would be a good idea to have a scenario of which simulates that in the game.

-Fire caused by Lava
    -Inhalation of ash

This is a very localised call, in the UK we don't have one single active volcano and there are very few in North America also

• actually every known volcano could erupt from mt saint Helena to mt Shasta and the pacific rim of known volcano's and they all can cause the uk some problems :)

• actually every known volcano could erupt from mt saint Helena to mt Shasta and the pacific rim of known volcano's and they all can cause the uk some problems :)

I know, they can cause problems for air travel etc but there would be no emergency response needed in the uk

• Well, see i am a Volcanologist. Lava can cause fires so if a volcano erupted, the hot material could catch some things on fire and that would of course require fire departments. In addition, when people inhale volcanic ash, their lungs begin to fail and that might require EMS to respond

-Fire caused by Lava
    -Inhalation of ash

This Ian a great idea. Why not? It's something to think about. This could be a new threashold. Like we have alliance events, and missions. Maybe there could be alliance disasters that are available for free once a month. Like hurricanes, volcano eruptions. And yes they are isolated. So put a POI. And who cares if they are. High rise fires are also isolated, yet I find them ok the game in the middle of fields. And the volcanoes themselves might be isolated but may cause emergencies over a widespread area. So maybe this could be a once in a whole thing that pays a high amount of money. It's actually a really good idea. And idk why we should limit the game. At least make it an option for those who might want to, and an option for those who maybe don't.

• well this game doesn't follow real life. They can happen from POIs. And the high rise fires are isolated to cities with high rises but those aren't accurate. Kind of an comparison. And it's not just America people play in. And lots of people don't use real life. It's not like we'd be changing the game and putting volcanoes in ourselves- it's the option player by player to do what they want with the game, and if the players who play realistically get the option, they will place the volcano POIs realistically or start the mission realistically. The people who don't play realistically won't. So it's not good to make a decision off of that. And it won't change anything. Also I may be going off wrongly here maybe you were thinking if they were just regular spawning missions...

No I understand that it's a special event. However, the high rise calls are not specific to cities. I get them in rural areas all the time. I just think that volcanic eruptions are SO few and far between that it's not worth adding to the game.

• High rise fires are way more common than volcanic eruptions and if you start adding silly calls like this it just means that it will take development time away from more needed and realistic things. If they are going to be adding this then they might as well add a great fire which as the great Fire of London, it's rare but it's happend however it would be very unrealistic. Would it not be better to have a wide spread event like a wildfire, wildfires happen every year and in more locations than active volcanos.

well this game doesn't follow real life. They can happen from POIs. And the high rise fires are isolated to cities with high rises but those aren't accurate. Kind of an comparison. And it's not just America people play in. And lots of people don't use real life. It's not like we'd be changing the game and putting volcanoes in ourselves- it's the option player by player to do what they want with the game, and if the players who play realistically get the option, they will place the volcano POIs realistically or start the mission realistically. The people who don't play realistically won't. So it's not good to make a decision off of that. And it won't change anything. Also I may be going off wrongly here maybe you were thinking if they were just regular spawning missions...

Please don't double post, it just fills up the topic and I think is against the forum rules, there is an edit button for a reason.

• High rise fires are way more common than volcanic eruptions and if you start adding silly calls like this it just means that it will take development time away from more needed and realistic things. If they are going to be adding this then they might as well add a great fire which as the great Fire of London, it's rare but it's happend however it would be very unrealistic. Would it not be better to have a wide spread event like a wildfire, wildfires happen every year and in more locations than active volcanos.

Please don't double post, it just fills up the topic and I think is against the forum rules, there is an edit button for a reason.

Ok so like I just TACRfan, it could be an alliance thing. People would have the option. We were talking about localization not recurrence, so therefore your mention of how often they happen compared to high rise fires is irrelevant. It's not silly it's an opportunity within an alliance between players to have more fun. And by the way, your idea of a great fire sounds terrific. Just another disaster possibility. And who cares if it's realistic or not? If you want to play realistically then fine that's your own business but others don't have to play like you and have their profile just like yours. It would be through a POI. Go back and read the thread I've already addressed all the things you're bringing up. It would be nice to have the option there for players who want it. If you don't want to do it- then don't participate. Simple as that. But don't think others have to have the same mindset in the game as you.

• no one is double posting. I can't even tel who said that bcs of all the quotes but it's not double posting were trying not to cover our bases. Al it is is the forum. When you quote someone and then reply, it reposts what they said..... not double posting. It's just getting out of hand.

There is an edit button for a reason, what you did double posting or what you have just done is triple posting, it IS against the forum rules, I was trying to advise you for the future so you don't end up having action taken against you by a moderator but its quite clear that you haven't read the rules so i have tried to help you but now you did it again.

There are levels of realism, I don't think it should be the most realistic game because there are some casual players however I think that this call is too casual.

If Sebastian did decide that this is the way he wants the game to go and does want to add this call in the future it would make sense to have it as an alliance event that spawns fire related calls similar to the storm rather than a POI generated call.

ok it was just an idea....we don't have to add it.

Don't take this debate personally, when you post something here you have to accept that there will be a debate that comes along with it such as my Rescue Pump topic, as I said above your quote it would fall to Sebastian at the final decision if it gets added or not as it's his game.

• @TACRfan ok well this time I tagged you but I don't see how something that is integrated into the forum and used by players (quoting) is against the rules. I, and everyone else that did was trying to make sure the proper people were addressed. If anything it's a tech problem with the site. I appreciate it though. I understand what you mean with the volcanic eruptions but again, players can be as casual as they want, and you don't have to be. If you don't want to prtcicipate int he update if it were to happen then it could be like it never happened and you could ignore it. It's a player by player thing, just giving everyone more options. I mean if you think about it it's not too casual. Because if a volcano did, in fact, erupt in the real world, there would be emergencies that would require service. That's why I was saying well maybe make it only optional once a month rather.than once a week like the storms and alliance large scale missions. But why hold it back from those who want it when those who don't can ignore it. Because this kind of thing does in fact happen.

• like TACRfan said, this is very localised and would be more suited to places where their are volcanos. EG: mt Etna. also, do you have an idea what units could be needed, and how many stations etc?

Well it would hopefully be for where ever the player wanted, either through POI or alliance event/mission. And as far as the units needed I don't see how that is going to help either of our arguments that bridge has to be crossed with every new mission. And as far as stations, i am not for this to be a ragular mission just so we're clear on where I stand. I mean this would be an initiated alliance event, or would only happen through POI's for players who WANT to place them. I'm for that, but I would not be for them happening as a regular mission.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!