Airport Rescue and Firefighting Update (RFFS)

• How does one actually find the ICAO aerodrome reference codes mentioned in the post for each airport. As the ICAO codes appear purely navigational and not any reference to the type of aircraft that can land there?

For example Bournemouth airport is EGHH. Obviously not the ICAO codes mentioned above.

• How does one actually find the ICAO aerodrome reference codes mentioned in the post for each airport. As the ICAO codes appear purely navigational and not any reference to the type of aircraft that can land there?

For example Bournemouth airport is EGHH. Obviously not the ICAO codes mentioned above.

The Aerodrome Reference Code can be found in the aerodrome manual of each airport. Bournemouth is 4D. Discount the 4 as that's just runway length - but D is your aircraft code you're looking for.

• Sadly not. Takes a bit of digging but I'm always happy to help if you need anything searching 🙂

Thank you, I shall let you know. I think for now im going to operate on a semi-realistic deployment using:

https://ourairports.com/big-map.html?region=GB-ENG

as a quick ball park for Small, Medium and Large airfields. And then make judgement calls from there whether AFs just need a POI or if they need a full dedicated station. Unit deployment is going to be on a similar lines, with a quick google/google maps nosey to see if I can ascertain the correct vehicles, if not I will just make a generalised guess based upon misison requirements.

Whilst I have you, can make a quick suggestion to change the POI names from

Small Airport (Runway)
    Medium Airport (Runway)
    Large Airport (Runway)

to something that would allow them to be next to each other in the list. Such as:

Airport Runway (Small)
    Airport Runway (Medium)
    Airport Runway (Large)

this would also place "Airport Terminal" right next to them as well

In the future, maybe POI Categories so that POIs can just be filtered for easy access. I.E "Airports" for all POI's relating to an Airport

• The reason I did POIs this way is so that all airport ones in their own categories are together - so all small are together, all large are together etc. Makes it easier to place ones relating to your own airport. I may look to change this though to just have the POIs for anything airside as "RVP" (Rendezvous Point) and then terminals and the like on top. I just need some time to work it out and propose it.

• Just a side thought here and apologies if it's in the wrong location , but could the current runway inspection mission be also a follow on from some of the airport incidents eg a Aircraft crash etc , as it kinda makes sense that you'd have a inspection following up after a incident like that before normal operations resumed

• Just a side thought here and apologies if it's in the wrong location , but could the current runway inspection mission be also a follow on from some of the airport incidents eg a Aircraft crash etc , as it kinda makes sense that you'd have a inspection following up after a incident like that before normal operations resumed

It could - although that's done as part of the process for certain emergencies and has been factored into the number of Operations vehicles that are required.

• I'm finally starting to get into airports but there's two issues I've noticed.

A - There's only a medical equipment trailer which is a predicament since some airports have dedicated vehicles for that instead

B - For some reason, rescue stairs are required even if you don't have them (which no airport in Scotland does)

It'd be appreciated if some of these could be changed in a future airport update update

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!