SUGGESTION: Allow units to transfer and cover other stations

• We just have about completed our first storm as an alliance. With that said, I found myself stretching all my units so thin across the map. It would be nice after we cleared up an area of incidents if we could temporarily transfer the units from that area to another station to cover calls in that district. Rather than sending them from their station clear across the map to the call. They would be in ready status close by and ready to go in service.

• Is this not possible already?

I've not tested it but if my vehicle is at a station and I click Edit, then 'Move' I get the choice of relocating it.. or am I missing the point lol

[Blocked Image: https://i.gyazo.com/1851b381b6e63497d1609c6fbb1cdc4d.png]

That's literally transferring rigs to another station, like entirely, what the author is wanting is for instance,

Big fire takes-up a entire Fire Stations response units, leaving that specific area helpless for fire coverage. They want the ability to temporarily park a unit at said station / location that'll basically fill-in for the other units that are busy in that coverage zone.

Alliance : U.S. Emergency Services
    Captain
    Joined the game on August 1st, 2016.
    3m Earned Credits as of 12/9/17
    5m Earned Credits as of 07/1/18

• That's literally transferring rigs to another station, like entirely, what the author is wanting is for instance,
    Big fire takes-up a entire Fire Stations response units, leaving that specific area helpless for fire coverage. They want the ability to temporarily park a unit at said station / location that'll basically fill-in for the other units that are busy in that coverage zone.

Exactly. I don't want to permanently move units. Just during a temporary instance.

• also you lose any specialty personnel like command or hazmat. The unit will have to go back to the station where the trained personnel are assisgned. Since yo can not transfer personnel in this game either. If you have a command van and want to relocate it to say station 2, you have to train personnel from station in command in order to keep the command van operational.

This happens even if the personnel are assisgned to the specialty unit

• also you lose any specialty personnel like command or hazmat. The unit will have to go back to the station where the trained personnel are assisgned. Since yo can not transfer personnel in this game either. If you have a command van and want to relocate it to say station 2, you have to train personnel from station in command in order to keep the command van operational.

This happens even if the personnel are assisgned to the specialty unit

Fair point to raise there. It's very time consuming and can be expensive so having to leave the trained folk behind isn't great!

• On station move ups. The personnel assigned to that unit. Would move up with the unit as well to fill in at that station until the units on a call check back in service. So, you wouldn't lose special personnel.

• On station move ups. The personnel assigned to that unit. Would move up with the unit as well to fill in at that station until the units on a call check back in service. So, you wouldn't lose special personnel.

if you move them to s station temporary after a time the unit stays there but the unit is oos for manpower. Believe me I tried.. the solution was to spend 100,000 to expand the station and then 5 days to train personnel to move my command unit permanently.

• if you move them to s station temporary after a time the unit stays there but the unit is oos for manpower. Believe me I tried.. the solution was to spend 100,000 to expand the station and then 5 days to train personnel to move my command unit permanently.

You guys are talking now. There hasn't been a station move up brought to the game yet. So, the only way to move a truck from station to station is to expand and reassign that unit to the station. So, of course your personnel doesn't transfer with. What the others are talking about. Temporary unit relocations to cover a district that isn't being protected at the time due to being on a call that will take time to handle. Temporary relocations have not been implemented yet. So....

• You guys are talking now. There hasn't been a station move up brought to the game yet. So, the only way to move a truck from station to station is to expand and reassign that unit to the station. So, of course your personnel doesn't transfer with. What the others are talking about. Temporary unit relocations to cover a district that isn't being protected at the time due to being on a call that will take time to handle. Temporary relocations have not been implemented yet. So....

Thats what I was saying and the only way to do it currently is to permanently move the unit. Even still if you perm move the unit the manpower should be allowed to transfer to that station also if they are dedicated to that unit in the settings. Either way it is never going to happen. Shame as I do enjoy this game. even if it lacks real time fire operations such as move ups and personnel transfers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!