New feature for EMS units

• Unknown to me if this has already been suggested before but I would like to see a feature where we can make EMS units drive around just like how we can make police units patrol. I want to add this feature because it would make the game more realistic as many departments let ambos and Fly cars patrol around the streets so they could be closer to a call and get to the call faster. Also I would like to see if we can get a paramedic rescue vehicle added to the game as a few departements have a specalized light rescue vehicle that is used for extraication for when it would be faster to dispatch this unit instead of a rescue squad from fire to arrive on scene. So far the only department I can think of that does this is NOEMS (New Orleans Emergency Medical Services)

• I think we should have a rescue squad for the fire department before EMS.

Um we already do it's called Heavy rescue but the full name for the rig type is heavy rescue squad. yes I am referring to one that is like a fly car but but it's not heavy rescue it's a light duty rescue vehicle. I'll show a picture of what I exactly mean.[Blocked Image: http://www.gnofirephotos.com/O…r/NOEMS/NOEMS3190__1_.JPG]

Theres also a youtube video of it responding the description tells more about it just click on the red words it'll direct you to it New Orleans EMS- Paramedic Rescue 3190

• Right. I'm saying I'd like one of those but for the fire department like LACOFD runs. Where we're getting confused is in the terminology. Chicago Fire Department runs "Squads" that are heavy rescue vehicles (the big truck), while FDNY runs "Rescues" (still the big truck). However, LACOFD and many other departments run "Squads" that are the little trucks as you posted a picture of. All I'm saying is that this would help with realism, although the response requirements would have to be changed for certain missions (I.e. A building collapse should still require at least one heavy refuse in addition to these squads)

• Right. I'm saying I'd like one of those but for the fire department like LACOFD runs. Where we're getting confused is in the terminology. Chicago Fire Department runs "Squads" that are heavy rescue vehicles (the big truck), while FDNY runs "Rescues" (still the big truck). However, LACOFD and many other departments run "Squads" that are the little trucks as you posted a picture of. All I'm saying is that this would help with realism, although the response requirements would have to be changed for certain missions (I.e. A building collapse should still require at least one heavy refuse in addition to these squads)

Oh now I see except the only problem is only EMS uses this type of rescue they are speciality trained for this unit.

• The utility essentially fulfills that role. It just doesn't operate as an EMS unit.

Well then it doesn't fulfill the role plus the medics that run this unit are specially trained medics. The utility unit does not fulfill the role of this vechicle because of two things the utility unit only carries utility supplies while this unit carries almost everything you find on an ambo to provide limited ALS and it carries rescue equipment.

• see this thread here PARAMEDIC SQUAD

If you want squads just rename heavy rescues tgey are virtually the same thing

Until this light duty rescue unit is added I was planning on creating a fire station and just removing the engine and just adding a heavy rescue to it problem is its an EMS headquarters where NOEMS keeps all of it 54 Ambos and a few Sprint units (fly-cars) in New Orleans they are called Sprint units because they can be dispatched and arrive on scene faster than an ambo although some times they are dispatched together along with fire because fire can run with BLS and assist at the scene with the EMTs and Paramedics.

• What about a couple of vehicles, a rescue ambulance for EMS (cross between a fly car and a heavy Rescue) and for fire a light rescue which would count as a heavy Rescue as not everywhere has a heavy rescue.

• Thanks for the new feature.

The issue of medic squads, light duty rescues, etc. Is all semantics and system specific operations. In some systems a utility is a light duty rescue, in others it's a pickup truck. For in game purposes a utility fulfills the heavy rescue requirement for a call. But not fly car capabilities. Which I admit would be nice.

If we had a nationally standardized system like Germany or the UK, we wouldn't have these issues. But we don't, it'seems also why it can be hard for European developers to understand and accommodate all the variations we have here.

• Ambulance patrols was one of my top requests for a while, simply because my area has 5 ambulance stations called Make Ready Centres. As they say, you do what you need to do to make your ambulance ready then you don't come back until shifts over. You could be deployed 25+ miles away.
    Breaks are done in small outposts that have room for 1 ambulance to park outside, if the crew gets one!

• here in aus ambulance crews have one central station for there area they are free to sit at the station or patrol. I work at kmart and we get ambulance crews in all the time just doing shopping on a quiet day. I also know an ambo driver that goes to his mums house and have dinner during the late night shifts.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!