PSU UPDATE THREAD

• Thank you but I'm a little confused on the last one would you be able to clear yo what you mean?

• The way I interpreted it is that the devs do not want to allow transfer across all police buildings due to players having hundreds of people recruited waiting in other buildings as there is no cost involved when you have people already

• The way I interpreted it is that the devs do not want to allow transfer across all police buildings due to players having hundreds of people recruited waiting in other buildings as there is no cost involved when you have people already

To be honest maybe just large police depot - Police station imo large police depot - aviation isn't really needed so I would like to see a compromise of it not being able to go to the aviation base, anyway thank you.

• Do we know if they will cease having all the new units responding as IRV's? It's such a pain! not sure if anyone else agrees?

It was specifically requested by a number of people to have them act as IRVs. I have never experienced any issues with this in the game as I use custom ARR categories so if I want an IRV to go to a job, it will only ever send IRVs. I would recommend getting yourself set up with the alarm and response regulations even if it takes a bit of time as you'll thank yourself for it down the line.

• It was specifically requested by a number of people to have them act as IRVs. I have never experienced any issues with this in the game as I use custom ARR categories so if I want an IRV to go to a job, it will only ever send IRVs. I would recommend getting yourself set up with the alarm and response regulations even if it takes a bit of time as you'll thank yourself for it down the line.

Thanks for the reply, I'll give this a go 😁👍

• It was specifically requested by a number of people to have them act as IRVs. I have never experienced any issues with this in the game as I use custom ARR categories so if I want an IRV to go to a job, it will only ever send IRVs. I would recommend getting yourself set up with the alarm and response regulations even if it takes a bit of time as you'll thank yourself for it down the line.

Hey the current police car ARR only detects the IRV and the new PSU units however dsu, ARV, traffic car, a etc all do not get dispatched as one in the arrs I think it should be done how it was before the update with it only picking up the IRV

Thanks

• Anyone would be so kind and remind me

-whats the proper training for the guys in PSU Sprinters

-and whats the usual manning of the said vehicle?

cheers

If it’s PSU like TSG etc it’s probably L1. Usually 9 per carrier including a medic and sergeant or inspector. Could be level 2 though

• I started out looking at this new update when it come out and took the info I could gather from it and work out what is best way forward.

I play realistic locations only for Police, Fire and Ambulance with HART, HEMS and NPAS all well beyond realistic now due to playing in Scotland.

I looked at this update and missions around it plus requirements etc this is one of the best updates we have seen thanks to the content team. I've read over the thread and realised that yet again though the content teams excellent work has been watered down and edited by the devs which has created some issues.

It's good to see these being ironed out and slowly getting towards what is needed.

Now let's break it down

The L1 and L2 training. L1 is the highest level and has been pointed out before and it would also cover L2 these needle reversed in game but that is a minor detail really. For now I'll talk about it the way the game has it to avoid confusion.

L2 (in game) is the highest level of Police Public Order Training available and therefore any staff trained in L2 should be able to cover L1 requests, this really is not an issue as staff trained at highest level would have had the lower level training anyway. So for me I'm just training staff in L1 & L2. I will just send the combined total requested. I personally don't think this needs changed just change the course order so that it reflects real life.

I am also working to add medics, inspectors and sergeant's to my stations in a realistic manner. Each station will have the exact same setup now. They will have a:

• Response section with 5 IRV, 1 with inspector and 2 with sergeant's.
    • Traffic section with 4 RPU, 1 with sergeant and 1 with inspector
    • Dog section 2 DSU, 1 with sargeant and 1 Multiple DSU with 1 inspector and 1 sargent. All will have a medic trained officer.
    • Firearms section 3 ARV,1 with sargent and 1 with inspector each with a medic. 1 MRAV with 1 sargeant and 1 inspector plus 2 medics. 1 FPC with inspector and sargeant plus 2 medic AND ALL trained in L1 and L2.
    • Public Order section, 2 PSU with 1 sargeant and 1 inspector plus 2 medics per unit all staff trained in L1 and L2.
    • Mounted section, 1 mounted unit with 1 inspector and 1 sargeant all trained in mounted.
    • Custody section, 3 detention vans with a inspector and sargeant.

It's a lot of training but it's about making a robust set up and given I've got quite a few stations near each other should be fairly sufficient. I've a few questions on training issues but I will add the questions at the end.

Now onto the Police Depot.

I've looked at these and just can not at this time see how they are beneficial.

Yep they offer a huge building and 40 cells but the time it takes to build all 40 cells I can likely add more stations and cover more ground with more cells in that time.

I've not fully wrote off getting one or two for providing extra garage spaces for units to provide more resilience but I will wait until all current stations are upgraded and working.

AARR

Seeing loads say about issues with it I get them but really with this update as it is education heavy your going to have to more work to customise units. Just now think I'm just going to add sargeant and inspector as a category and stick it on all IRVs, RPUs DSUs and ARVs with the trained staff in them. For units with both in them may add a custom for them.

All in all great update so far even though I've not went live yet as still training staff.

Questions and ideas

First I know this has been asked before but is needed. Can 1 prisoner be transported in a PSU please. This is what most services have in their PSU can't say training stops this as the Traffic Cars are trained in roads and they transport.

Next multi role training.

No need to change the public order training here think the intention is to do both, which is no great loss in my opinion. What I want to know is units where we add sergeant's and inspectors if they can be recognised as both when it comes to numbers as that would be more realistic.

Finally

I know I've said train public order staff in both L1 and L2 but not said same for inspector and sargeant where it would be a promotion style thing. I am thinking of doing this but at this time it is added work but will likely happen.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!