Cargo plane fires -all types

• Something i think the devs might look into- change is the number of units required for the missions - especially chiefs . Im not sure how big the devs think a cargo plane is, but any more than 2 chiefs is overkill, and compared to say a Strip Mall Fire 6 chief for a cargo plane vs 3 for a large strip mall - definitely there needs to be some changes. Granted i do understand they were creating larger credit missions- but there needs some thought into the mission too.

• 2 chiefs at a scene is most definitely NOT overkill, any fire scene has multiple chiefs on it regularly.

District Chiefs will usually run sector operations while a platoon chief runs in the Command Vehicle for fires. Calls with multiple exposures may have additional chiefs assigned and additional chiefs will continue to be assigned as alarm levels rise.

As for the missions themselves, our content teams put them together based on real life as best as we can, and as best that can fit within the constraints of the game. They devs simply take the missions we suggest and add them to the game. Our Content Team is compromised of members of emergency services. So I can assure you, we do put thought into these missions.

• Also a cargo plane (depending on what it's carrying) is quite major/difficult fire to put out so it makes sense alot of recourses are needed.

i do understand it can be- and i have seen many of the planes(as its where i work - an aircraft maintenance company) just the resources needed by th game do not translate at all for IRL airport fd- and consider the regular place crash need only 4 ARFF, and thats trying to save 60+ lives vs a cargo plane needing 6-8 ARFF and 4-5 lives, im just saying it should be looked at again, revamp the units and credits earned

• The way I look at it too is in many of our larger/more specialized missions, it calls for more battalion cheifs than are necessary simply because we dont have other roles built out for safety officers, liasons, etc. and our battalion chiefs are the bottom level of command as it stands today.

In addition to the IC for a large cargo plane fire,

at a minimum you're looking at:

-Staging

-Safety

-Special Ops (Hazmat)

-Rescue

-Airport/Airline Liason

Most of these roles would be filled either by folks at the captain or battalion chief level and we just currently don't have the functionality built out.

Every major department that I know of always sends more chiefs than necessary on the response to anything confirmed (i.e. working fires and greater) with the expectation that if they are not needed the IC would cancel them but better to send the knowledge at the start than find you need it later and don't have it.

• i do understand it can be- and i have seen many of the planes(as its where i work - an aircraft maintenance company) just the resources needed by th game do not translate at all for IRL airport fd- and consider the regular place crash need only 4 ARFF, and thats trying to save 60+ lives vs a cargo plane needing 6-8 ARFF and 4-5 lives, im just saying it should be looked at again, revamp the units and credits earned

ARFF are fire extingushing vehicles a cargo fire tends to be worse then a airplane crash, they arent rescue units.

• Keep in mind that airport officials would also be responding to the fire. There’s not really a point to creating such a niche unit, so the chiefs fill that role. Airport operations are insanely complex and fitting an emergency response into that environment is challenging to do safely. Keep in mind that during many (not all, but plenty) emergencies at large airports, aircraft continue to take off and land on other runways. 6 chiefs definitely seems like a lot, no doubt, but I did some quick research and my local airport, Baltimore-Washington International Airport, has 6 chief or chief-equivalent units.

• 2 chiefs at a scene is most definitely NOT overkill, any fire scene has multiple chiefs on it regularly.

District Chiefs will usually run sector operations while a platoon chief runs in the Command Vehicle for fires. Calls with multiple exposures may have additional chiefs assigned and additional chiefs will continue to be assigned as alarm levels rise.

As for the missions themselves, our content teams put them together based on real life as best as we can, and as best that can fit within the constraints of the game. They devs simply take the missions we suggest and add them to the game. Our Content Team is compromised of members of emergency services. So I can assure you, we do put thought into these missions.

You miss read what he said I believe, he said 6 for a cargo plane is over kill and only 2 for a large strip mall fire isn’t. For better understanding he said anymore then two is overkill, I agree and disagree with both of you, cargo plane might need three, honestly for different roles, strip malls might need one for each area then an over all. I could be wrong though as well.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!