Change the way Alarm and Response Regulations work

• I have a problem with the way these work. When I say i need a certain amount of units, say 8 engines, 3 ladders, and 3 heavy rescues. It will send quints and platforms both as ladders and same with the rescue engine and heavy rescue vehicle, and use up more resources than necessary. Is there a way that this system can be changed to allow us to turn off certain units or change it to where you can tell it to stop sending units after the requirement has been met?

This way im not sending resources that arent needed to large incidents that make keeping track of units hard (I.E. Large Cargo Plane Fire with Oil Leak).

• there is a way to go into the LSSM V4 in the settings and select a screen that will pop up and tell you exactly what units are necessary on the initial response. Then if you go back into the mission and it expands you can see a screen that tells you how many units are going and how many are needed. I did it and it works fine. I just can't remember where I found it.

• I have a problem with the way these work. When I say i need a certain amount of units, say 8 engines, 3 ladders, and 3 heavy rescues. It will send quints and platforms both as ladders and same with the rescue engine and heavy rescue vehicle, and use up more resources than necessary. Is there a way that this system can be changed to allow us to turn off certain units or change it to where you can tell it to stop sending units after the requirement has been met?

This way im not sending resources that arent needed to large incidents that make keeping track of units hard (I.E. Large Cargo Plane Fire with Oil Leak).

This would be nice but it'd be really complex for it to be implemented so that the ARR works out exactly, with all the possible solutions for some of them.

• This would be nice but it'd be really complex for it to be implemented so that the ARR works out exactly, with all the possible solutions for some of them.

It would be, but it would make things much easier. For example, I have this issue with a regulation I created for Large Cargo plane fire with oil leak, I end up sending way more than I need with the response regulations because its sending a rescue engine as just an engine and not as both a heavy rescue and an engine. Same with quints and mobile command vehicles, etc (all dual purpose units including game wardens and stuff because they technically count as police cars even though game wardens is set to 0 in the response reg) Not sure if there is a way to fix this, but it would make things much easier and much more streamlined if there was a way to turn off certain units or at the very least count them as both.

Edit: I would have the right amount of units for the incident if it did not send a quint and a platform as the same unit (platform truck) and same for rescue engines and so on.

You can't either check the box to "Exclude in the Alarm and Response Plan" or you can check the box next to "Only dispatch vehicle as own vehicle class. (If this box is ticked then the vehicle will only be dispatched as the custom class. If you wish to still have this vehicle dispatched as it’s original class as well, leave this unticked)" and name the category Quint or Rescue Engine for example. The new category will be listed on the ARR near the bottom of the list.

• We had a similiar kind of discussion on DE Forum recently.

Currently, the ARRs work really simple: matching vehicles are selected until the specified amount of vehicle(-types) is reached. This is called a Greedy algorithm and is pretty efficient in terms of performance.

If the ARR should be more optimal (in terms of selecting as few vehicles as possible), that would require some kind of backtracking. That means some additional time is required for each ARR. Depending on the requirements set in each ARR, the amount of vehicles loaded and the order of the vehicles (together with the technical specs and many more reasons), that will add some milliseconds to each ARR, both when calculating the time and when selecting it.

Imagine you have 40 ARR Entries (which happens pretty fast) and each ARR only adds 25ms of calculation, that would also be a second in total.

I for myself am happy when sometimes I dispatch too many vehicles because that results in more staff => the mission is completed faster. Also I do have enough vehicles that I don't have to care much about that ;)

TL;DR:

Improving the ARR to achieve the requested requirements with as few vehicles as possible and a vehicle distance as short as possible, would be nice but it may have a pretty worse performance as an impact.

• as a side note - granted you are sending a quint as an engine and platform truck ( 6 staff vs 9 staff {at max staffing]) - and rescue engine as engine and heavy rescue (6 staff vs 10 staff), and the aar is also sending other units - if you do use Dragon Blade's recommendation - you will end up sending fewer units - and as a consequence few staff - so the mission completion will take longer - so its a trade off- more units - more staff - faster completion or fewer units - fewer staff - longer completion

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!