Rescue Boats

• Rescue boats could be an expantion onto the Ambulance station to make a lifeguard station, we could also have missions out at see like man over board also some missions may need an Air Ambulance so they can Winch the patient out of the Boat. Also Beach missions could be good like a lost child. In the UK we have RNLI which patrol most beaches and have diffrent boats like the Onshore and Severn these and both diffrent sized boats and can carry more.

Please let me know if you agree and and questions please do ask.

ConzSJA123 (European Emergency Services)

• This has been mentioned in a few other posts previously, and the main issues are:

1. No roads at sea (except ferry routes) and calls are plotted on roads. As far as I know the game has no way of telling whats land and whats sea unfortunately...

Beach patrol is an interesting idea, however it's rather confined to coastal areas (not entirely, but for the most part). All of us in the central US would be left out.

3. Coastguard in the USA is law enforcement, and i'm unsure as to whether there is a government organisation similar to the RNLI in the USA. Unfortunately this game, at least the English version, is primarily built for american players (although some concessions may have been made for the English players too).

However, I would still also like the RNLI to be a thing, and if the Devs find a way to begin differentiating between land and sea, or even lakes etc, this could be one major update in the long term...

• This isn't coast guard. It's separate beach patrol as exists with in many coastal fire departments.

Well I'm not from the USA so I've limited understanding of how your coastal rescue or beach patrols work, but in the UK we have the Coastguard, RNLI and lifeguards who are voluntary members and patrol beaches during certain times of year.

How this would be implemented, as a part of the fire service / ambulance / possibly add a service is debatable. And as mentioned, coastal areas such as beaches are not mapped by the system used - OpenStreetMap sees only roads and not roads. therefore calls can only spawn on roads, and it would have no way to tell where a beach is unless you posted a POI, and even then it may be finicky to implement.

• The German version has a water rescue unit maintained by fire that I'm interested in getting into the game.

As mentioned though, calls would be limited to inland based water missions and would require POI placement in lakes, rivers etc where the calls could spawn.

• Beach patrol is an interesting idea, however it's rather confined to coastal areas (not entirely, but for the most part). All of us in the central US would be left out.

Not necessarily there are lakes. Also, if you wanted badly enough to have this feature build at a beach. Doesn't mean others shouldn't have it bcs you feel left out bcs you don't as a result of where you choose to build...

• Rescue boats could be an expantion onto the Ambulance station to make a lifeguard station, we could also have missions out at see like man over board also some missions may need an Air Ambulance so they can Winch the patient out of the Boat. Also Beach missions could be good like a lost child. In the UK we have RNLI which patrol most beaches and have diffrent boats like the Onshore and Severn these and both diffrent sized boats and can carry more.

Please let me know if you agree and and questions please do ask.

ConzSJA123 (European Emergency Services)

may also be available at lakes and rivers, and I know here in the US fire departments have rescue boats. So could be an extension there. And maybe there could be the option of using a utility to transport the boat via trailer to an emergency scene.

• may also be available at lakes and rivers, and I know here in the US fire departments have rescue boats. So could be an extension there. And maybe there could be the option of using a utility to transport the boat via trailer to an emergency scene.

It would have to be a new vehicle completely, I don't see the point in having an extension however it would require advanced swift water rescue training in the fire school, as for the beaches and coast guard/RNLI I think it should be put on the back burner as I think they should focus on getting fire/ambulance/police to the level that the players want and as there is a lake POI an SWR crew would make sense, maybe they should change it to an open water POI as that could be used for rivers, docks etc.

• I don't think we should need an extension, let's save extensions for major areas of Fire operations like EMS and ARFF. I think a boat should just be another vehicle that can be purchased but would require a utility and training to operate. (Perhaps we could look into having the ability to couple boats with whatever unit we please. Not every department has a utility and sometimes a Chief, engine or rescue pulls a boat. For example if we took a water rescue call we would select the boat, and we would have the option of "select which vehicle will transport Boat-1 (or any number). Then, if that transporting unit isn't at the same station as the boat it would respond to the boat first and then to the scene with the boat (this would serve as a purpose for departments who out boat sheds in different locations))

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!