special operations expansion

• SAR Station/Expansion would be a great addition to the game. these would be specialized rescue units that are needed on technical rescue calls for example, major building collapse, highway collapse, parking garage collapse, building collapse in water, Cave Collapse, Bridge Collapse, Missing Hiker

UnitCapabilities/InfoPicture
    SAR CommandSAR Command
    1-4 Personnel (SAR Command Training)
    $15,000
    SAR Rescue TruckSAR Rescue, Heavy Rescue
    1-4 personnel (SAR Training)
    $20,000
    SAR Rescue TrailerSAR Rescue, Heavy Rescue
    Crew Cab Semi
    $15,000
    Excavator TrailerHeavy Equipment
    1 personnel (Heavy Machinery Operating)
    Crew Cab Semi
    $20,000
    Mobile CraneHeavy Equipment, SAR Rescue
    1-4 personnel (Heavy Machinery Operating)
    $40,000
    Dive UnitDive Unit
    1-4 Personnel (Dive Training)
    $15,000
    Dive TrailerDive Unit
    Lifeguard Truck, Lifeguard Rescue, Lifeguard Supervisor, Utility unit, Battalion chief unit, Type 2 fire engine
    $10,000
    ATV Trailer(Battalion chief unit, Utility unit, Type 2 fire engine, Crew Carrier, Type 5 engine, Type 7 engine, Type 6 engine, Rescue Engine)
    $5,000
    Rescue ATVATV, BLS (transport)
    1-4 Personnel
    ATV Trailer
    $7,500
    Brush ATVATV, Wildland Unit
    1-4 Personnel
    ATV Trailer
    50 gallons of water
    $7,500
  • I don't see heavy equipment being added as 90% of fire departments do not have track loaders and such... only those that have Heavy USAR teams may have some. The problem with adding all that and "requiring it" for those missions mentioned is that not every fire department has type of equipment. Departments in rural or suburban America don't have USAR teams, dive units, units with trailers, or heavy squads. To add those it would make those folks have to purchase them to finish missions, and if they are playing realistic within their own areas, they would not be able to. There are already MCI Trailers and support units on the EMS side. You can already buy boats on the fire side and train in water rescue. The ATV wildland vehicle is much like a Type 7 engine.

• Just to nitpick, the mobile crane unit should max out at 2 personnel. The unit pictured is really just a squad/heavy rescue that happens to have a 10,000 pound crane on it-- the crane is not the reason for the unit's existence, it's merely a collateral duty and a tool to get the job done. The reason I recommend a max of two is that the actual crane units that I've seen in service are essentially wrecker-type tow trucks with a 2-person cab. Those units really are crane units; the crane is the reason the unit exists. Just a thought.

• Just to nitpick, the mobile crane unit should max out at 2 personnel. The unit pictured is really just a squad/heavy rescue that happens to have a 10,000 pound crane on it-- the crane is not the reason for the unit's existence, it's merely a collateral duty and a tool to get the job done. The reason I recommend a max of two is that the actual crane units that I've seen in service are essentially wrecker-type tow trucks with a 2-person cab. Those units really are crane units; the crane is the reason the unit exists. Just a thought.

i understand where your coming from but there area also many crew cab units with cranes, and originally I had in mind the heavy wreakers but digging deeper there are many units with large cranes that do the same thing.

• I don't see heavy equipment being added as 90% of fire departments do not have track loaders and such... only those that have Heavy USAR teams may have some. The problem with adding all that and "requiring it" for those missions mentioned is that not every fire department has type of equipment. Departments in rural or suburban America don't have USAR teams, dive units, units with trailers, or heavy squads. To add those it would make those folks have to purchase them to finish missions, and if they are playing realistic within their own areas, they would not be able to.

I think an easy fix to this, is to make it a "Technical Rescue" extension, and there would just be variants of these missions that would require them (The variants would give more money)

Overall, I love the idea of having more unique vehicles for me to spread around, especially those that aren't required.

• i understand where your coming from but there area also many crew cab units with cranes, and originally I had in mind the heavy wreakers but digging deeper there are many units with large cranes that do the same thing.

See your point 100%- I'd at least not term it a mobile crane, as that implies that the crane is the primary responsibility of the rig IMO- maybe "heavy rescue w/ crane" would be more appropriate.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!