Wildland on Missionchief

• Hey everyone, I currently have 1 Wildland Expansion and planning on making 4 New ones within a newer county that now has a solid foundation of stations and units. I am wondering how everyone's experience with the expansion is along with any tips and tricks for me regarding wildland!

Thank you, Annexgaming298

• Before activating the extension, make sure you have at least 2 wildland trucks (I suggest type 3s, but any of them will work)

Type 3 function as wildland and structure engines, but they are expensive and chunky (Require 3 people)

Type 4 function as wildland, and they hold the most water, but they don't have any foam or structure abilities

Type 5-7 do mostly the same thing, but 5s and 6s can haul some trailers.

• Before activating the extension, make sure you have at least 2 wildland trucks (I suggest type 3s, but any of them will work)

Type 3 function as wildland and structure engines, but they are expensive and chunky (Require 3 people)

Type 4 function as wildland, and they hold the most water, but they don't have any foam or structure abilities

Type 5-7 do mostly the same thing, but 5s and 6s can haul some trailers.

Thanks!

• you are going to sometimes see 5 or 6 separate missions spawn all as a part of the original incident getting bigger... they will overwhelm your resources as they require same equipment... I have suggested they stop different missions and just let the original incident continue to get bigger and need more resources......would be managed in the ICS system as a "Complex" fire

• a few tips - train all your wildland staff as hotshots - also buy a crew carrier and train that staff as hotshots - and when you build an airborne firefighting station - and get smokejumper plans going - cross train all smokejumpers as hotshots too ( the larger calls require many hotshot trained)

• a few tips - train all your wildland staff as hotshots - also buy a crew carrier and train that staff as hotshots - and when you build an airborne firefighting station - and get smokejumper plans going - cross train all smokejumpers as hotshots too ( the larger calls require many hotshot trained)

Already done that and have everyone that is wildland trained as both smokejumper and hotshot. Also, whenever build a station now, put 5 person brush in the station with them trained to both disciplines

• Add a dozer trailer and semi truck as well, trained as heavy equipment operator, semi truck driver, and hotshot. Yes, they do reduce the time on a wildfire scene. I even trained my helicopter crews as hotshots, in addition to aerial ops, even though they just do water drops.

Chief, I'm a rescue man. I trained to be a rescue man, and I like being a rescue man. - Johnny Gage, LA County Rescue Squad 10

• Add a dozer trailer and semi truck as well, trained as heavy equipment operator, semi truck driver, and hotshot. Yes, they do reduce the time on a wildfire scene. I even trained my helicopter crews as hotshots, in addition to aerial ops, even though they just do water drops.

have 1 of those in every county and two in the larger ones

was this changed recently? I have tested dozer crews numerous times and the timer never sped up. it's been a few months since I tested that out

• was this changed recently? I have tested dozer crews numerous times and the timer never sped up. it's been a few months since I tested that out

I can only speak to my experience, and the dozer helps reduce the time for me. But, I also send it at original dispatch if anything even mentions Wildland, along with my crew carrier. It probably is overkill, but...

Chief, I'm a rescue man. I trained to be a rescue man, and I like being a rescue man. - Johnny Gage, LA County Rescue Squad 10

• I just found discovered today that if the mission "requires" smokejumpers you have to send them by plane. I had a mission today that required "20 Smokejumpers". I had Brush Trucks in that area with all folks trained as Hot Shots and Smokejumpers, so I sent 10 brush trucks more than the 5 required on mission (meaning there would be 20 smokejumpers there. But it still would not finish until I sent a plane with smoke jumpers.

• I just found discovered today that if the mission "requires" smokejumpers you have to send them by plane. I had a mission today that required "20 Smokejumpers". I had Brush Trucks in that area with all folks trained as Hot Shots and Smokejumpers, so I sent 10 brush trucks more than the 5 required on mission (meaning there would be 20 smokejumpers there. But it still would not finish until I sent a plane with smoke jumpers.

yeah - smoke jumpers - jump (parachute) into some areas that are inaccessible to land crews ( similar to SWAT only counted in SWAT vehicles)

• yeah - smoke jumpers - jump (parachute) into some areas that are inaccessible to land crews ( similar to SWAT only counted in SWAT vehicles)

I knew that but I was not sure if the game counts them.. funny, the HOTSHOTS count in smokejumper planes.. But I do believe that the SWAT trained people count in police helicopters after the latest changes

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!