NEW UPDATE :D Flood/Disaster trailer update

• More trailers woooo :D, a place to talk about the new update.

Here are my comments.

200K for extensions that only provide 1-2 trailers each, is kinda pricey.

I love the new add-ons, but the extensions are very pricey for how much stuff you get, and you don't even get garage spots for it.
    The way everything is worded, it sounds like there is going to be a lot more vehicles coming soon.

• Looking through the new updates I found some odd missions

Why do these require Wildland MCCs?? Those are for wildfires, not floods, and it requires a lot of them too.

In Florida Florida Forestry is an integral part of the State Emergency Response Plan and they are a large part of deployments for Natural Disasters for IMT

• I think I am going to opt out of these missions. You need an extension for every little thing now, why not one extension or specialty and call it Emergency Management? To me, this is the kind of equipment that you would store at one location, not in random fire stations.

Correct me if I am wrong.

• I think I am going to opt out of these missions. You need an extension for every little thing now, why not one extension or specialty and call it Emergency Management? To me, this is the kind of equipment that you would store at one location, not in random fire stations.

I am inclined to agree with you. A lot of the "stuff" now is not even available in the largest percentage of places in rural America. Forcing them on us makes it more unrealistic.

Also, I am getting the flooding missing with "pumping requirement" and I do not have the extensions

• I am really disappointed there are no new trucks, I was expecting a light truck or updated mobile air/light, a flood truck and maybe even a highwater rescue truck for another unit type, maybe even a generator truck. the update being just trailers is very sad in my opinion and makes it seemed like it was slapped together very fast and pushed out. maybe that is because it was already leaked with the update yesterday but i would like to see this update have a part 2 to clean it up, as of right now its not the best.

• Not to pour more accelerants on the apparent 'dumpster fire' of this new update, but... Why are the pumping capacities for ALL the apparatus shown in litres per minute? We use GPM in the States. If we keep LPM, that reduces pumping capability to (roughly) 25 percent of reality. I know it's a minor nitpick...

Looking deeper, why is there no pumping capacity for quints, rescue engines, or type 3 Wildland engines? They can all be used as 'first due' apparatus. The pumper tanker has pumping capability, as does a regular water tender/tanker. Also, I get that heavy rescue could have portable pumps on board, but they will not come close to the GPM/LPM numbers listed.

No idea who came up with these, but they missed the mark.

Chief, I'm a rescue man. I trained to be a rescue man, and I like being a rescue man. - Johnny Gage, LA County Rescue Squad 10

Edited once, last by dgsmith67 ().

We do have that setup in New York, there are regional storehouses of these types of equipment for major disasters, run by the state Office of Emergency Management. We have one of those near where I live (based in an underground bunker/fallout shelter). Been in there once, years ago... Scared the hell out of me.

Chief, I'm a rescue man. I trained to be a rescue man, and I like being a rescue man. - Johnny Gage, LA County Rescue Squad 10

I'm not sure why they keep adding new extensions before fixing or updating currant stuff, I really don't see a need for me to use this in LACo or maybe set up a FEMA department which I may not get into that. I'm still working on the new LE extensions and Life Guards

• Not to pour more accelerants on the apparent 'dumpster fire' of this new update, but... Why are the pumping capacities for ALL the apparatus shown in litres per minute? We use GPM in the States. If we keep LPM, that reduces pumping capability to (roughly) 25 percent of reality. I know it's a minor nitpick...

Looking deeper, why is there no pumping capacity for quints, rescue engines, or type 3 Wildland engines? They can all be used as 'first due' apparatus. The pumper tanker has pumping capability, as does a regular water tender/tanker. Also, I get that heavy rescue could have portable pumps on board, but they will not come close to the GPM/LPM numbers listed.

No idea who came up with these, but they missed the mark.

I agree I don't remember seeing people requesting these types of apparatus, I've seen request for other types and they seem to ignore those requests

• I am really disappointed there are no new trucks, I was expecting a light truck or updated mobile air/light, a flood truck and maybe even a highwater rescue truck for another unit type, maybe even a generator truck. the update being just trailers is very sad in my opinion and makes it seemed like it was slapped together very fast and pushed out. maybe that is because it was already leaked with the update yesterday but i would like to see this update have a part 2 to clean it up, as of right now its not the best.

Or perhaps a part two to discontinue it.. Again, I am getting "pumping missions" and do not have the extensions

• I am inclined to agree with you. A lot of the "stuff" now is not even available in the largest percentage of places in rural America. Forcing them on us makes it more unrealistic.

I do agree that a lot of this isn't in rural America, some of this would be run by private organizations or DOT/Road crews, but I don't think it would be forcing it on someone since they are part of an extension (If you exclude that bug you are experiencing)

• New traffic control training, I was already prepared for this and I already had traffic units, but this is nice for a training available for both PD and FD.

It is used on specific vehicle related crashes, and usually takes 3-7 traffic controllers (from what I have found)

Good use for the Utility truck.

• I do agree that a lot of this isn't in rural America, some of this would be run by private organizations or DOT/Road crews, but I don't think it would be forcing it on someone since they are part of an extension (If you exclude that bug you are experiencing)

In the county I grew up in there had to be a tanker sent to the fire, there were no hydrants. Also at least one truck present had a pump and hard hose so if available they could pump from a lake or pond.

• Normal engines and heavy rescue give you pump abilitys so its not like the expansion is needed

I certainly realize engine and Quints and Tanker Pumpers have pumps... Heavy rescues in the game do not (at least I dont think they do) but even without the extension, I am getting missions that require "pumping appratus" and the Engine/Quints/Tanker Pumpers dont meet. The extensions are being forced

• I certainly realize engine and Quints and Tanker Pumpers have pumps... Heavy rescues in the game do not (at least I dont think they do) but even without the extension, I am getting missions that require "pumping appratus" and the Engine/Quints/Tanker Pumpers dont meet. The extensions are being forced

Heavy rescues in the game have no water tank, so how can they pump water? Maybe they are carrying 5 to 8 portable pumps (in someone's deluded mind...), and no jaws, cribbing, ropes, etc. And anything that has a water tank should be able to pump water (quint, rescue engine, type 4 & 5 wildfire).

Whomever designed this did not do their due diligence, and ignored the 7 P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Pi** Poor Performance.

• Heavy rescues in the game have no water tank, so how can they pump water? Maybe they are carrying 5 to 8 portable pumps (in someone's deluded mind...), and no jaws, cribbing, ropes, etc. And anything that has a water tank should be able to pump water (quint, rescue engine, type 4 & 5 wildfire).

Whomever designed this did not do their due diligence, and ignored the 7 P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Pi** Poor Performance.

never said they had water

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!