Take a look at this Incident

• Since this is a "suggestion"....I would suggest looking at this incident and modifying the assignment. I realize is says "fire alarm system" but......

Needs more of everything highlighted yellow. Add an EMS Chief and a couple Heavy Squads Also High Rise/SkyScraper is not going to be built where there is no water, so a tanker is probably not needed. Just a suggestion

• I don't think I have ever gotten one of those missions since I met all the requirements including POI's

i get them sporadically as well as a few others that show up that have a weird response compliment. One I can think of is the Cargo Plane fire. The requirement is for 6 or more ARFF trucks... Even the largest airports don't have 6 ARFF trucks.....at least I have never seen it. I think Washington Dulles and Washington National may have 4 each.... No big deal... just an observation

• i get them sporadically as well as a few others that show up that have a weird response compliment. One I can think of is the Cargo Plane fire. The requirement is for 6 or more ARFF trucks... Even the largest airports don't have 6 ARFF trucks.....at least I have never seen it. I think Washington Dulles and Washington National may have 4 each.... No big deal... just an observation

Due to my avoiding realism, my county airstrip (unmonitored) has 8 ARFF tenders, hazmat teams, security, and more all at an unmonitored county airstrip—peak realism.

• I dont think its entirely stupid to see a tanker respond to a fire like that even when there is water supply. One of the reasons I can think of having one in the real world is if you were to have some sort of hydrant failure, that gives you an extra 3000 gallons of water to be able to fix the problem and then go back to supplied water.

• I dont think its entirely stupid to see a tanker respond to a fire like that even when there is water supply. One of the reasons I can think of having one in the real world is if you were to have some sort of hydrant failure, that gives you an extra 3000 gallons of water to be able to fix the problem and then go back to supplied water.

Nothing in my post said it was stupid. It is not common practice and most large cities with high rises that I know do not have Tenders and the redundancy in their water supply systems is designed to accommodate hydrant or system failures and more often than not there are hydrants spaced 500 feet apart or closer by code.

• EMS-Chief Another set of missions that I would ask you to look at for "possible" Changes are the Airport missions.

In some cases these missions (Empty Cargo Plane Fire is one example) requires dozens of engine and a large quantity of ARFF Trucks... Sometimes 6 or more. From what I can find even the largest airports in the US (Chicago O'hare and Denver) only have 7 ARFF Trucks. Smaller airports may have 3 or 4. So in the game when you create airports with extensions and fire stations with some sort of attempt to have realism, and events spawn you never have enough ARFF trucks to handle these missions with out sending them from hundreds of miles away, which does not happen in real life. For example... I have a small regional airport in the NW Panhandle of Fla as well as an USAF Base. One "Airport" incident has to have all the ARFF units from those locations as well as one from Tallahassee which is 75+ miles away. The "Large Cargo Plane Fire" requires 47 fire units alone. Just a suggestion that you may pass on to make the response compliment in some of these airport missions more believable.

Thank you

• I think it’s very unrealistic for a tanker/tender to respond to a highrise fire. Most depts that have high rises do not have tankers anywhere near the highrise district.

In the game I have adapted by making the “High rise unit” a Tanker

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!