vehicle shop and garage

• Okay, no need for negativity. We are just discussing possible ideas to then put forward to the moderator team. Well said me181.

Locke, just because you don't like this idea, doesn't mean you have to keep being negative about it. How would you like it if you had a cool idea and we kept being negative about it?

• Okay, no need for negativity. We are just discussing possible ideas to then put forward to the moderator team. Well said me181.

Locke, just because you don't like this idea, doesn't mean you have to keep being negative about it. How would you like it if you had a cool idea and we kept being negative about it?

To be fair he has got a point, I doubt any of this will become true, but we were having a rather nice discussion on the topic which seems to have been soured, I'll wait for his suggestions, or lack thereof.

• Vehicle storage locations probably won’t happen. Just use another station etc. I get what you are all saying about them but it wouldn’t be a important update.

Alliance stations may be something that can be looked into in the future.

Workshops is an interesting one. I kind of like the idea of having to carry out maintenance on your vehicles every now and then and the workshop could have room for spare vehicles to swap whilst the main one is in for service.

As for resetting the miles on vehicles. You don’t get your cars miles re set when it goes in for service (I’m pretty’s sure that is actually illegal in the UK) so I don’t see the point of having a feature that resets the amount of miles a vehicle has done.

• Agreed, workshops with some room for spare vehicles is a good compromise.

Also, on the topic of alliance stations, perhaps instead of buying separate alliance stations you could have a setting that shares individual stations with alliance members similar to callouts, I don't think the alliance members should be able to change any of the settings/vehicles except for the owner of the station. Anyways, back to the workshop idea.

All good observations - price is a bit up in the air for me so I'll leave that for other people, I think start with 1 or 2 spaces after buying the workshop (Maybe 200,000 credits?) And you still need to buy additional spaces if you want to.

In regards to how vehicles are deployed with staff, I would use the swapping feature with vehicles like we have the option to now. The SEV (Service Exchange Vehicle we call them) will work as an operational vehicle. As for the amount of time it is out of service, I'd say around 6-12 hours or a whole day is fair, otherwise if it went for 10 minutes I'd hardly see the point of this.

I think a fair idea would also to make a level where this is required, giving new players a chance to setup their area a bit before needing to have a workshop available - maybe when you have around 10 stations of any service?

I understand the criticism of suddenly having a lot of vehicles being out of service, I remember someone suggested that every 10K miles the appliance requires a service but to me that is quite high, considering my most active appliance (battalion chief) only has 8K miles and I've been playing for quite some time. It's a good concept and you don't have to undergo maintenance with the same vehicle every second day, however, it should be lowered. Maybe 5K miles? My state fire service has an extremely busy workshop as far as I can tell, but as I stated earlier we also have Mobile Mechanics that do basic maintenance to keep the vehicles out longer.

Yeah, it's not a major update unlike the additions to EMS and Police, Fire has a lot of content and I think it's good to think deep about something that could be added to all services. We'll see what the future holds.

• I'm seeing pros and cons here

From one point of view I can see why players would not want this as they feel this would complicate things, cost too much money and be a waste of space.

But on the other hand I like this idea and don't see this how I stated above. Even though most of the fire stations in my County use private companies for their maintenance, Municipal buildings for every Township works on their own respective ambulances and police cars.

Honestly if players wouldn't want to implement this they should have the option of checking a setting off where they don't have to service their vehicles every 10K miles and just keep doing what they're doing. But for those who want the added challenge lile myself and many others on here should be allowed to use this setting where they can service vehicles and have them stored for that sense of realism.

I wouldn't mind at all. And honestly I'm not having to go with anyone either I'm just going to state that I would rather spend 40K on multiple buildings to store my vehicles and have them serviced rather than delete vehicles and spend 25K on each said vehicle. Honestly looking at it that way you're going to be paying more in the long run rather than just spending more on a building to store and service them. If you have the mindset to delete and spend then in my humble opinion you'll be spending more credits and effort. But I'll respect their decisions though.

There's no such thing as a bad idea. The only bad idea is an idea that isn't brought up.

As big as my setup is I probably would need about 12 service stations maybe more but I'd be willing to play and spend to put those service stations in. I'm one for wanting a challenge and this right here seems like a challenge to have a service and storage facility for Fire, EMS and Police Apparatus.

• As big as my setup is I probably would need about 12 service stations maybe more but I'd be willing to play and spend to put those service stations in. I'm one for wanting a challenge and this right here seems like a challenge to have a service and storage facility for Fire, EMS and Police Apparatus.

That, Sir, is the right attitude towards the game(my opinion).
    The whole purpose of this update, in my opinion, is to chuck an extra hurdle of management in the direction of the player. Agreed on your point about the actual mileage.
    I believe the idea of maintenance just on it's own would be enough.
    I'll stick fairly well to my original idea. What I think could be taken into account is a maintenance extension to buildings to take into account the work that in-station mechanics do. Anyway, I digress with even more options.

I'll lay out the entire update as one(totally open to debate):

New Building: Vehicle Maintenance Depot, Starts with 2 Slots 50K, Extra Slot costs 10K

Any and all vehicles at 5K miles will become Status 6 until 'serviced'.

'Service' = Vehicle 'repaired' at Vehicle Maintenance Depot, takes 24 hours, takes one vehicle slot.

While this is quite thin, I believe it lays the foundations we'd need to then make informed decisions on expansions. I think we really should be giving the moderators clear ideas of what we would like to see rather than just vague suggestions, hence the set-out implementation idea above.
    I wouldn't overly worry about the numbers at this very moment, they can be changed.

• Should there be a maximum amount of slots? Or should it be uncapped.

Personally I think that there should be a cap around 30 vehicles. At that point once you hit 30 slots, you cannot add anymore. You would have to buy another depot.

Another thing that could be added is along the lines of how the hospitals have certain extensions, maybe make small extensions that are also worth 10k credits, and buying those extensions could make it so apparatus in that certain depot maybe only take 20 hours instead of 24. Once you get all the possible "speed" extensions for a depot the fastest a piece of apparatus can be serviced should be 12.

Personally I think that there should be a cap around 30 vehicles. At that point once you hit 30 slots, you cannot add anymore. You would have to buy another depot.

Another thing that could be added is along the lines of how the hospitals have certain extensions, maybe make small extensions that are also worth 10k credits, and buying those extensions could make it so apparatus in that certain depot maybe only take 20 hours instead of 24. Once you get all the possible "speed" extensions for a depot the fastest a piece of apparatus can be serviced should be 12.

I think I've failed in the wording dept, they're just meant to be workshops not depots, literally just a space where a vehicle will spend one day being 'repaired'. The whole storage thing seems a little too complex at the moment - gawdknows how, we've all got different ideas on it, the serviceing of vehicles seemed a little more together though, so that's the suggestion I'm making.

• With the storage, all it is, is a building where you can swap or shift appliances from code 6 (in the storage building) and active duty. This adds a lot of realism as fire departments don't just get rid of a vehicle in the tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Another idea I had was that one building can be used to store ems and police as well.

• I like the idea of the pricing for Vehicle Maintenance Depot. 50K per slot rather than 100K seems more reasonable. We'd only use these Depots for when maintenance is required. So 50K Credits to make 30 slots would be great especially for all 3 Emergency Services Vehicles.

Perhaps instead of a limit already being set the player could be the one to determine when their units should be serviced? So everyone is satisfied.

The Maintence Garage Extension for a station sounds interesting too. But your first idea for the building I'd vote for first.

Speed Extensions sound great as well! Definitely something that can be talked about.

(Sorry for the double post. I don't know how to quote two people at once.)

I'm always into good ideas for the game and I do not want to break the discussion - but I'm playing the German version, which is much further and more complicated and has a lot more vehicles and possibilities than 3 years. So I know how the developer thinks what he wants and what he does not. He tries to gradually introduce the German ideas to MC in a typical American way. For this to work, he gets the advice of our moderators on vehicle types and procedures. Everything that is here at MC, has been around for a long time at the Leitstellenspiel (and much more). Also, the game should not be too easy. If more combination vehicles are required here, it will only be very limited, if at all.
    A use of repairs, wear and tear of the vehicles has long been desired and discussed in the German forum. But it is rejected by most players. And as long as most refuse, the developer will do nothing in that direction. Comes something new, then always in the German game, because it is better and easier for him to program and try everything, if necessary to correct errors quickly. If news is good and there is a demand for this point at MC as well, then this news also has a chance to be taken over by MC.
    Once again:
    This is not a simulation but a building game.
    But Sebastian is always eager to find a middle ground.

• I'm always into good ideas for the game and I do not want to break the discussion - but I'm playing the German version, which is much further and more complicated and has a lot more vehicles and possibilities than 3 years. So I know how the developer thinks what he wants and what he does not. He tries to gradually introduce the German ideas to MC in a typical American way. For this to work, he gets the advice of our moderators on vehicle types and procedures. Everything that is here at MC, has been around for a long time at the Leitstellenspiel (and much more). Also, the game should not be too easy. If more combination vehicles are required here, it will only be very limited, if at all.
    A use of repairs, wear and tear of the vehicles has long been desired and discussed in the German forum. But it is rejected by most players. And as long as most refuse, the developer will do nothing in that direction. Comes something new, then always in the German game, because it is better and easier for him to program and try everything, if necessary to correct errors quickly. If news is good and there is a demand for this point at MC as well, then this news also has a chance to be taken over by MC.
    Once again:
    This is not a simulation but a building game.
    But Sebastian is always eager to find a middle ground.

With this being said i think we should have a poll to see if the members want it on the american side of the game !!!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!