Fire Units

• Would you like to see more speciffic vehicles even though they may not be common place in every service across the UK? 31

1. Yes (28) 90%
    2. No (3) 10%

Hello everyone, we want to add several new fire vehicles into the game however these are not found everywhere in the UK so we want to know your feedback on if you would like to see some of these added. If we add specific types we want to give them specific roles so it would mean removing the Hazmat requirement etc.

Some of these vehicles could be along the lines of these:

EPU
    MDD
    MDR
    DIM
    MDU
    HVP
    Foam Unit

• I Feel that this can be a good system, However make it so that these variations can have different attributes, but can all be classified into the 3 core types. Water, Air and Hazmat. For example the DIM, EPU, MDD/MDR all can handle hazmat, and for each type they can be used for different types of calls, Such as the Hazmat ability can be required at an unknown chemical leak. Sending the DIM would allow for a faster completion time as they specialize in Identifying the types of chemical. However Any unit with Hazmat properties can be sent to complete the mission, at a slower speed.

This can be applied to things such as the BASU which can deal with the Air requirements, but also OSU/ISU's which can handle both Hazmat and Mobile air, but handle the Hazmat calls at a slower rate as they aren't as specialized as the Dedicated MDD/MDRs.

Onto the Water carrying side, both Bowsers and Foam units can be available to cover their separate needs and complete tasks at their own rate, but slower fore the opposite's needs, such as a water Bowser at a foam incident. But when using the Combined Foam and water carrier, The time required to complete the Mission will be completed at a standard time.

This will continue to allow the core mechanics that we are all used to with the 3 main specialties in the fire side, whilst adding in the new layers of individual unit specific "perks" to sending the "ideal" unit of that type to each call.

*Side Note* - Adding on to this the ability to add in layers to standard engines further than the normal WrL/L4P. Adding in Compact WrLs which can deal with full WrL calls at a slower rate, and moving the L4P to a brush style requirement, similar to the US wildfire unit version. Tho this is just an idea for further down the line.

• while this sounds like a really good idea. Could someone translate the Acronyms to the what they would be called, for those who may struggle to remember what they are. Thanks.

• while this sounds like a really good idea. Could someone translate the Acronyms to the what they would be called, for those who may struggle to remember what they are. Thanks.

I don’t know all and some are similar
    Environmental protection unit
    Mass decontamination de-robe
    Mdr?
    Detection identification monitoring
    Mass decontamination unit
    High volume pump
    Foam unit (self explanatory)

• It would be great especially if missions get sorted to include them.

However just now I would say the focus should be getting both Airport and Water rescue sorted out. These would be better than adding more fire units.

The airport extension would be interesting too as would introduce the fire equipment for them. This could also unlock the foam unit mentioned so that it is avaliable for all stations.

The water rescue side has huge potential, not only could we have fire based water rescue service but introduce a new building that is coastguard station.

Add in 3 different boats

Small boat would be good for fire services and would be trailer mounted so would need a van or 4x4 to move it to scene. This could be based at fire stations and coastguard stations.

Large boat this could be you life boats and would be best to be only available from coastguard stations.

Fire boat this would be able to do rescue and tackle fires on boats similar to LFB fire boats. Only available from Coastguard stations, yes that may be a bit odd but what would be more odd is having a fire boat in a main station no where near water.

I know I could easily use all the mentioned vehicles and would welcome them but just feel focus should be on sorting stuff that's been talked about before instead of going off and adding more units just now that would serve little purpose other than to just expand the vehicles we can have.

• the boats would be RNLI though as HMCG don't use any sea vessels as far as I know.

• the boats would be RNLI though as HMCG don't use any sea vessels as far as I know.

They are but using coastguard term is more fitting to the game than the organisation that operates the boats.

It is the coastguard who are over all responsible for the incidents and also at the coastguard stations you could have land base units too.

In game you can easily edit the name of the station to reflect the location just the same as HEMS they are known by several different names.

• so ill point 1 thing out what would the point be of having RLNI boats when in game they would look stupid going along roads. Why can't we keep it simple. 2 or 3 boats with them being to the national standards such as inflatable or rigid boats. These are ran by either the fire service or in the future maybe HART.

• Why are we talking about boats! Once again we have been offered a potential development, one of which I feel will be beneficial and enjoyable. If that’s not enough just look at the poll it seems it’s in the players interest, and we have people wanting more...wanting something completely different. Keep the thread relevant.

• Why we are on about boats, there are 2 extentions in game just now that has sat nearly a year with no development of them.

One of those is Water rescue, so how about instead of looking at adding more units and that for things that are mostly covered just now they actually focus on the stuff that's sat for near enough a year and nothing has been done.

Both airport extension and water rescue have sat there with the courses in the schools for long enough and nothing has been done.

Yes the medical update was needed and to a point the recent police one was too but fire is rightly being looked at why not actually release the update for water rescue and airports. It's not exactly going to be different to that on other versions of the game.

Just see this adding new units is another way to avoid fixing what is already there.

• the courses are there because they were ported from the US version, no other reason.

Water rescue may be the next fire update as it is already made, just needs finishing.

Airport won’t be for a while. As a team we decided that we wanted airports to be so much more in depth than what it is in the US version. As I always felt it was lacking.

• I believe the additional fire units would be great! (I clicked no in error as was distracted).

I also agree that the airport expansion needs sorting as I have so many staff trained and ready sat twiddling their thumbs! But as mentioned by TACRfan this will need to be done carefully to avoid being a replica of the US.

In terms of water rescue, it has been brought up before and continues to be on a regular basis.

You have the fire service side and the coastguard side. The fire service side I won't talk about as that's no my area as I'm ambulance/coastguard.

Coastguard Rescue is certainly in our plans for the game aswell as Lifeboat stations.

To clear up some comments above.. Fire service boats are not stored at coastguard stations.

HM Coastguard do have some boats but not for the purpose of rescue however some coastguard teams do have PWC's in the form of Jetski's.

When the time comes for coastguard rescue and Lifeboats etc I will keep you all as informed as I can with the planning and will look to bring a couple of people on board to ensure its as good as it can be.

• While all this stuff is fantastic and all but maybe its time for police updates ?

I for one is dieing for Public order

• While all this stuff is fantastic and all but maybe its time for police updates ?

I for one is dieing for Public order

One service at a time.

Ambulance service has just had an overhaul.. Albeit a diet version of what was put forward but still an overhaul.

Fire service planned as per TACRfan posts.. Then police can be thought about (content team already putting together suggestions with community feedback from forums).

• One service at a time.

Ambulance service has just had an overhaul.. Albeit a diet version of what was put forward but still an overhaul.

Fire service planned as per TACRfan posts.. Then police can be thought about (content team already putting together suggestions with community feedback from forums).

So it's not police after bambulance even though 2021 outlook says it is after ambulance

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!