Make it possible to deploy vehicles at the station

• What do you think? Do you agree? 13

1. yes (12) 92%
    2. I do not know (0) 0%
    3. no (1) 8%

I suggest in the game that when a fire station is sent on a mission and the station is empty of an operational vehicle, an operational vehicle can be deployed from the nearest station to the station to clear that area. Cover.

If possible, tell the game developer to do so in future updates

• It would be a really interesting mechanic and certainly reflect reality.

I reckon the scale of Mission Chief might make it really complex - as soon as you have more than a dozen jobs ongoing and another dozen pending I suspect it would very quickly get too difficult to manage.

However, potentially, a similar mechanic to patrol route could be used to automatically fill standby points.

• This is part of our plan for the future. We would love to see this feature added as it would be useful to those who play slower-paced and realistic setups. Another idea off the back of this; if you have a delayed response vehicle within a station, you could dispatch the crew so that vehicle now effectively has no delay but remains in the station. That's useful in stations with both wholetime and retained duty systems.

• I suggest in the game that when a fire station is sent on a mission and the station is empty of an operational vehicle, an operational vehicle can be deployed from the nearest station to the station to clear that area. Cover.

If possible, tell the game developer to do so in future updates

Basically you are asking for vehicles to be sent on stand by at stations where their units are on larger calls.

This has been suggested before and is being looked at but don't think it will happen as don't think it will be practical bit like patrol routes.

• Basically you are asking for vehicles to be sent on stand by at stations where their units are on larger calls.

This has been suggested before and is being looked at but don't think it will happen as don't think it will be practical bit like patrol routes.

I think it is very practical and real life. Back filling stations when units are on major incidents

• I think it is very practical and real life. Back filling stations when units are on major incidents

Never said it wasn't a real life thing just don't think it will be practical for the game really it will just be another added feature that doesn't help most folk really and will likely take more time to set up than it's worth.

• I thought of this, told my alliance educator, he didn’t seem to approve and just said it would make the game to easy and you could just set up staging instead. He also said that the personal in that apparatus wouldn’t transfer if we did it so we would need extra people at that staton, or it would count as part of that 10 weekly people allowed to be transferred but if they can make it work like talked about above that would be wonderful.

• move ups of apparatus is absolutely a thing that is done today, not staging areas. staging areas are set up when there is a major incident and units need to be brought in at various times. puts them in a place to be out of the way from the main incident. no one in real life sets up a staging area to put units in case there "might be a call"

• move ups of apparatus is absolutely a thing that is done today, not staging areas. staging areas are set up when there is a major incident and units need to be brought in at various times. puts them in a place to be out of the way from the main incident. no one in real life sets up a staging area to put units in case there "might be a call"

I know just repeating what he said, pretty sure he also knew that he just didn’t have a solution as there isn’t one. Move ups would be nice in game.

• I thought of this, told my alliance educator, he didn’t seem to approve and just said it would make the game to easy and you could just set up staging instead. He also said that the personal in that apparatus wouldn’t transfer if we did it so we would need extra people at that staton, or it would count as part of that 10 weekly people allowed to be transferred but if they can make it work like talked about above that would be wonderful.

Your alliance educator is explaining it in a poor way.

First we can not put units on "stand-by" just now, personally I do not see how it will add to the game without becoming yet another feature like patrols which are absolutely useless. It's an added carry on just to move them about.

Other thing mentioning transfer of units between stations you can do this and yep staff don't go with it but if you are staffing your stations well to have extra staff it shouldn't be a problem and you shouldn't need to transfer any staff. So if they are advising this I think they are misleading you in best staff management.

As to staging areas, these add only good for running storms or S60s even then once you get to a certain size you will find you use staging areas a lot less. Not sure why they would suggest this as an option for putting units to a station on stand-by as it's useless for this given stand-by is to provide cover to an area where a unit has already been sent to a major incident.

• Standby also helps if your wide spread out like I am and don’t have much coverage in a certain area, I personally would take advantage of it all the time not sure about others, so sure it might be pointless for you but some I wouldn’t be, just like patrols are pointless to some but helps others.

• This thread is a good reminder to check the forum before posting, as gorilla has rightly said.. this has been suggested before and I'd like to say more than once.

Doesn't take long to check the forums, it helps keep it clear and easier for us to manage.

Please help us get to suggestions more easily by reacting to threads instead of duplicating.

• Standby also helps if your wide spread out like I am and don’t have much coverage in a certain area, I personally would take advantage of it all the time not sure about others, so sure it might be pointless for you but some I wouldn’t be, just like patrols are pointless to some but helps others.

I cover a majority of Scotland where standby is used a lot but in game have no need for it.

It would only be used if it was made workable to arrange back-filling stations by stand by units in a automatic manner. However given most of my calls are cleared in under 10 minutes I fail to see how having a unit from another station 20 mins away helps by time it arrives it will be stood down. Especially now as I almost have all calls being covered with a full response in under 10 minutes too.

Yes I have departed fully from realistic unit locations now as that became unworkable very quickly for me due to fact some stations are very remote, yes I am managing my setup using dispatch areas to manage calls but that is not helping now.

Yep add the feature but it needs to be made worth developing and made in a way where it is usable and doesn't need too much work to sort it out.

• I get a ton of calls, could just be my planning errors but most my calls are big and require much extra support units sometimes sending a unit back to back calls having something to cover that station and send to a call to start would be helpful especially so I don’t have to wait 20 minutes. My issue tends to be I get a call, all units from one station is out, no other is closer then 15 minutes those units are already scheduled to go straight to another call, a third or maybe fourth call comes in to that area still no units available, do I really want to wait what could be + or - 15 minutes about where from start I could have had someone down there. But hay you also have great points.

• I get a ton of calls, could just be my planning errors but most my calls are big and require much extra support units sometimes sending a unit back to back calls having something to cover that station and send to a call to start would be helpful especially so I don’t have to wait 20 minutes. My issue tends to be I get a call, all units from one station is out, no other is closer then 15 minutes those units are already scheduled to go straight to another call, a third or maybe fourth call comes in to that area still no units available, do I really want to wait what could be + or - 15 minutes about where from start I could have had someone down there. But hay you also have great points.

Before I started sorting out police it was my worst performing service with waits of around 20 mins for a unit to cover. Now for most of them it's under 10 mins only issue there just now is public order trained officers. They can push some calls to 20 to 30 mins just now.

Fire although an absolute mess compared to police now (it was my best performing service) is now my least performing service and calls for it can and still do hit 20 mins but this is rare actually can fix it by pulling the offending stations from main back to northern expansion dispatch as only switched them over last week.

Main aim is have all services getting a response to their calls in under 7 mins and having a full response on scene for non-expanded calls in 10 mins. Reckon I could actually get it down below this quite significantly in the main area I play but going up West coast and the island's I doubt that will be possible still aim for under 15 mins though.

• A rig move up or stand by while other rigs are on a long scene is reality but in the game some rigs won't get to the stand by station possible in minutes when the call clears. but I can see if there is a maintenance station is added in. set it to where any rigs reach every 100K miles needs a maintenance work up for like 24 hours and another rig can come and do move up to cover that stations response area for that time frame. add in a maintenance fee for like 800 credits or something feasible to that nature

• A rig move up or stand by while other rigs are on a long scene is reality but in the game some rigs won't get to the stand by station possible in minutes when the call clears. but I can see if there is a maintenance station is added in. set it to where any rigs reach every 100K miles needs a maintenance work up for like 24 hours and another rig can come and do move up to cover that stations response area for that time frame. add in a maintenance fee for like 800 credits or something feasible to that nature

interesting proposal

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!