Fire Investigators

• Why the need for the excessive amount of fire investigators? Most places are lucky to get one (1) to come out on the same day much less 4 for a "destruction of public property". I have investigators spread out in my coverage area and even created Fire Marshal Offices to cover holes where there are no departments. But in some cases because of the rural aspect of my counties, I have to have an investigator travel over 100 miles to be able to get 4 on scene.

• I agree, at even the largest of fires you will get a max of 2 Fire Investigators, In New Zealand Police detectives assist with enquire work. I think the reason for the excessive amount is having to pay to train and upgrade etc,

• Well actually the game rolled backwards from when the fire marshals where introduced. There where missions for the fire prevention unit now they are combined

Now you don’t have to train staff when a mission requires fire investigation unit you can use the fire prevention unit they do the same now just the fire investigation unit is a dual purpose unit and counts as a patrol car with the ability to transport prisoners

• Well actually the game rolled backwards from when the fire marshals where introduced. There where missions for the fire prevention unit now they are combined

Now you don’t have to train staff when a mission requires fire investigation unit you can use the fire prevention unit they do the same now just the fire investigation unit is a dual purpose unit and counts as a patrol car with the ability to transport prisoners

understood.....but why so many?

• I wouldn't say it is excessive for a Major Refinery Explosion.

Toronto just had a fatal residential fire and rolled 2 Fire Investigation units and 2 Provincial Fire Investigation units to the scene. So that's 4 for a residential fire.

The game did not "roll backwards", there are missions that may have a Fire Prevention Overlay, meaning that if you have fire investigation there is a chance of the overlay mission spawning instead of the non-overlay.

Fire Prevention and Fire Investigation Units have not changed, they've always been Fire Prevention unit available for both with Fire Investigation being dual-purposed as a Patrol Car (transport eligible).

• OK....then they should be sent in numbers relating to the size of the fire.

• The hard part in my opinion is how you quantify the right number as every department is different.

For example, in Phoenix, most calls beyond a contents fire call for 3-4 investigators. There was a large scrap yard fire a few months back that had 9 assigned. Other times though, you'll only have 1 investigator and sometimes someone from fire prevention on a fire watch.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!