Demountable Truck

• Hi,

So after searching the web for a long time now :P finding something equivalent to Mobile Air, in Sweden but turn up empty.

So what i would suggest was adding a truck with demountable body which is much more common here in Sweden, the way i would say it could work would be you buy a truck and when you open the truck
    you would have an Extension tab as in buildings with option to buy loads/bodys to the truck, like Mobile Air, Hazmat, Rescue, Water-tank.

http://utryckningsfordon.se/containerbilar/

With one load on going on calls with that load should be instant but if you want to change load it should take a few minutes before it is available to go to the call.
    Would be one vehicle covering multiple areas but having to wait a while to switch to the correct load.

Im not sure if this would be doable or anything that would be of interest, not even sure if and how many other countries use systems like this.

Anyway just a suggestion that would be nice to see for us Swedes at least :)

• Here in the United States these would be our equivalents. They're usually called POD Trucks, but ours are not quite as versatile as your Swedish equivalent. Typically the PODs only House different kinds of Special Operations Equipment (i.e. One would have HAZMAT, another Technical Rescue, another Mass Casualty etc.) Thus, I don't think that it would be of much benefit to this game until more special ops units are added as well as requirements (Tech. Rescue for Building Collapse, Trench Rescue, etc). Perhaps then we could buy a "spec ops vehicle" in the vehicle store and choose which kind of vehicle it is. Below are examples of Chicago's POD truck

• like realjessey said us in the UK have pod trucks operated by USAR. they are usually MANs but are scanias in Scotland, Liverpool, Northamptonshire and Kent. they also have them in Germany and the US as well as other places (probably)

I like the concept and I understand why youd have them, but majority of the US doesnt have that kinda thing, only in the big cities like Chicago. However we do have USAR units, just as semi trucks...[Blocked Image: http://www.usfirepolice.net/md_maryland/md_baltimore_county_usar_17-1.jpg]
    And in the county that I live in the only thing we have thats like USAR is 3 ATR stations. Then again we rarely get any search calls so...

"Can someone slap me across the face right now for being in the fire service for almost 4 years and not knowing how fire alarms work in the game till now? PLEASE?" ~Stupid Me 5/2/17

• So great to see the replies, reading through they seem to be something that a lot of countries use maybe not in everyday situations and more of a special ops and such.
    my thought is that even for the ones that dont use it, it would please a lot of the realism players in countries that do use them if it was there.

but it could also lead to misuse i guess, having a station full of them and just switching loads to not use any other vehicle that do same task.

The German version of the game seem to have it the "WLF", though not sure what it is used for in the game and it didn't seem to be able to do any load changes.
    im guessing its just a vehicle with the settings to do the tasks of others like the Quint!?

But as i stated in the OP, just a suggestion that i for one would be interested in seeing in the future.

• I would definitely like to see this added, but just maybe not as a required unit like the quint (but without the coin thingy with ranks) or the rest of us can suck up and just buy one and set it as status 6 unless absolutely needed

"Can someone slap me across the face right now for being in the fire service for almost 4 years and not knowing how fire alarms work in the game till now? PLEASE?" ~Stupid Me 5/2/17

• WLF In the german version is the mover and there is 6 pods that can be attached, one for hose BA, Boat,Hazmat ,Heavy Rescue, & another hazmat version

• I think that since this is the American version we should stick with American units. Maybe this type of unit can be implemented into the German version of this game.

In a way i agree, and being "new" to the game (i only have 6 stations :D ) i dont want to come here and impose on what is!, however i do see the potential of this game and of people playing their own countries.
    Judging by the alliances there seem to be quite a lot of different nationalities, and being the only English version of course.

And as you wrote further up, it wouldn't be be highly unlikely to see a vehicle like this for the Americans in the form of the pod-truck. :)
    since one can add own images for all vehicles the basic truck with a system is all we need to "roleplay" our own.

• I understand that there are different nationalities of players. But as most any moderator will back me up on, the German version has German types of units, and the American version has American types of units! That's why we don't have THF (is that correct? I don't recall the acronym) even though it's been requested, because it's only a German thing.

• I understand that there are different nationalities of players. But as most any moderator will back me up on, the German version has German types of units, and the American version has American types of units! That's why we don't have THF (is that correct? I don't recall the acronym) even though it's been requested, because it's only a German thing.

But I've always stated and will keep saying, its not just american's playing the game, so why not adapt this game to allow for British style of running, American style and even other nationalities. Leitstellenspiel has proven that what we are asking for can be done but it's not being implemented. The only way to get round this is to add features that cater to other countries so adding Pod's, yes not all American Stations have them but Britain and the rest of Europe do, so all american plays would need to do is ignore it and use the units already added. Since playing Leitstellenspiel i hardly play MissionChief mainly as i now find it unrealistic to use for my country, when i do play it's not for long as every call needs a platform truck which in outside of the USA other countries normally don't send to calls such as car crashes etc. What us Brits are asking for is our part of this game where we have some, (just some) of our units, all that's needed is a way to swap between British style calls and American. That way you have both sides happy

• I understand what both sides are saying, this game is intended to be based on the US style of firefighting hence Type 1's etc but there is now a large portion of players from other countries however this is still the minority, this always gets brought up regarding units like this and it's always the British players argument, I for one have said about the British playerbase in the past but if we kept adding all the British ideas it would reverse the situation and alienate US players. There needs to be a valence between them and as it has been stated above maybe add these units but not have them as a requirement so that the players whose local areas do not use them don't have to get them, the only thing I would say with this is there are way more vehicles that need to be added before we start looking at things like this. I have a very large UK setup and across my counties I have quite a few prime movers, for every pod I buy 1 vehicle, that is a viable alternative at this current time, what is more needed is maybe combination units for areas of the globe that don't have all of the resources that this game requires but that is a different debate.

But I've always stated and will keep saying, its not just american's playing the game, so why not adapt this game to allow for British style of running, American style and even other nationalities. Leitstellenspiel has proven that what we are asking for can be done but it's not being implemented. The only way to get round this is to add features that cater to other countries so adding Pod's, yes not all American Stations have them but Britain and the rest of Europe do, so all american plays would need to do is ignore it and use the units already added. Since playing Leitstellenspiel i hardly play MissionChief mainly as i now find it unrealistic to use for my country, when i do play it's not for long as every call needs a platform truck which in outside of the USA other countries normally don't send to calls such as car crashes etc. What us Brits are asking for is our part of this game where we have some, (just some) of our units, all that's needed is a way to swap between British style calls and American. That way you have both sides happy

You mention the platform trucks but every call that requires a platform truck would have the potential to require one in the UK, the only call that could be dealt with without a platform truck would be a chimney fire as a pump crew could use chimney equipment but even then sometimes a platform truck is required, there was a chimney fire near me and they sent 3 pumps and an ALP.

This is definitely an interesting idea and may be considered down the line but currently is not a priority. I definitely see the purpose in these units but I also see the the other side, as I said this will all have to be taken into consideration down the line but we have other units we want to get out first.

• Yes Platform Trucks are needed for some calls but i have not ever seen a Platform Truck at a scene of a road traffic collision or large crash of any kind. Granted it's needed for calls like roof fire's, commercial fire's which we would send them too but i can't justify why the game can't be split to allow Brits to have calls that we could deal with and still be realistic to our kind of operating style. The game needs to be able to work with all English speaking people since we have asked for Leitstellenspiel to be translated and been told it won't. The 5th Largest alliance is english based and the Alliance i am part of is 7th. and these have less than 100 players. All we asks is for the game to changed or just simply split so that we can play and enjoy it without having to constantly rely on help from the Alliance or just simply leaving the calls.

• Yes Platform Trucks are needed for some calls but i have not ever seen a Platform Truck at a scene of a road traffic collision or large crash of any kind. Granted it's needed for calls like roof fire's, commercial fire's which we would send them too but i can't justify why the game can't be split to allow Brits to have calls that we could deal with and still be realistic to our kind of operating style. The game needs to be able to work with all English speaking people since we have asked for Leitstellenspiel to be translated and been told it won't. The 5th Largest alliance is english based and the Alliance i am part of is 7th. and these have less than 100 players. All we asks is for the game to changed or just simply split so that we can play and enjoy it without having to constantly rely on help from the Alliance or just simply leaving the calls.

Platform trucks are not required for the majority of RTC's and sometimes an ALP may be requested at an RTC in the vehicle is down an embankment as platform trucks can reach down not just up, there is not a single RTC in this game that spawns without POI's that would require one and if you are sending one you don't need to.

As to your other bit, yes the 5th 7th and 8th alliances are British based but that is not a large percentage of players, player base has nothing to do with what spot you are on the alliance list that's why the 4th alliance on the list only has 1 player. If there was a larger proportion of people from the uk such as 50% the developer might be a bit for open to the idea but currently us UK players only make up a small proportion, when this game was set up it was always setup to be a US based game that is why when you first load up the game before logging in it shows Manhattan, however having said that the developer is open to suggestions so if you have an idea for the game rather than posting in someone else's topic start a new one under suggestions for improvements and put a pol in it to see if people like the idea or not, there are some UK ideas on our list so we don't just take US ones but pols help us see how much the community want the thing added as we can't just cater to individuals.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!