New Rig Idea

• Another common rig that I don't no that has been suggested is a RIT or RIC truck. Rapid intervention team or rapid intervention crew depending in where you are. it's used for a firefighter is lost or trapped in a fire. in the real world it's used anytime there's a working fire. for the game would be fire intended for the larger calls like large fires, hazmat calls. most have specialize training. the truck is usually a crew of at least 4 some have 6.

• Another common rig that I don't no that has been suggested is a RIT or RIC truck. Rapid intervention team or rapid intervention crew depending in where you are. it's used for a firefighter is lost or trapped in a fire. in the real world it's used anytime there's a working fire. for the game would be fire intended for the larger calls like large fires, hazmat calls. most have specialize training. the truck is usually a crew of at least 4 some have 6.

Good idea this should be a training only not an actual unit i say 5 days to train for RIT/RIC

• Good idea this should be a training only not an actual unit i say 5 days to train for RIT/RIC

I agree with this as well. The one station I ran with is RIT certified. Our older and new Rescue Engines are both RIT.

• it depends one side of the river will call out the RIT rig depending on were the fire is located within the city. that how my volunteer did it when I first started in the fire service.. the other side has the special rescue/haz mat truck the RIT truck.

I know that the developer doesn't like having one truck doing multiple things. so tacking in on to hazmat or HR would be harder.

• Another thing I was thinking to. is fires with tankers. around me a department can have a fire one day with fire hydrants. the next is a rural fire where they have to bring in water from several miles away. maybe there could be a way after I.E 7 stations you start have a random fire that a rural call that needs at least a tanker.

So a normal fire event
    little field fire requires 2 stations and 2 fire trucks
    tractor fire requires 1 station and 1 fire truck

a rural fire event
    rural little field fire would require 7 stations, 2 fire truck and 2 tankers
    rural tractor fire would require 7 stations, 1 fire truck and 1 tanker

• Do your departments have a specific RIT truck? Ive only heard of regular units (although typically ladder or rescue) establishing an RIT per the commanding officer once they arrive on scene.

We have a 1996 Spartan/Luverne Rescue Pumper and just got a 2018 E-One Rescue Pumper. Both are RIT Certified. Not too many stations have RIT in my county.

• Instead of a new truck, what about just rit training and implemented similarly to boat training.

I like this idea

• I like this idea

This wouldn't make sense and have very little in game use, training is used to provide the skills necessary for staff in the game to operate certain vehicles, not just as a random extra skill. I understand that you may want it to have a different purpose however this wouldn't work for everyone, all I can recommend is operating a normal vehicle and renaming/using a different vehicle graphic.

• This wouldn't make sense and have very little in game use, training is used to provide the skills necessary for staff in the game to operate certain vehicles, not just as a random extra skill. I understand that you may want it to have a different purpose however this wouldn't work for everyone, all I can recommend is operating a normal vehicle and renaming/using a different vehicle graphic.

Certain large fire calls would require a certain number of rit trained personnel. People have been suggesting the "German version" of the training/requirements more and more. This is just like any other training like that.

• Certain large fire calls would require a certain number of rit trained personnel. People have been suggesting the "German version" of the training/requirements more and more. This is just like any other training like that.

While this could represent a certain area or country, i don't feel this would be welcomed by everyone in the game due to it's incompatibility with other's set-ups. While I agree with bringing in new stuff, it has to work for everyone. If a more general term could be coined or a more representative training idea that would work for everyone was proposed, I would be fully behind it.

• it's not so much one area or country that uses this. every departments follow some form of RIT. in the US we are required to have RIT because of NFPA 1500, 1561 and OSHA. it is a safety for the every firefighter on a fire ground. it would be fairly simple to incorporate into every style of firefighting. it's just like having a Hazmat team or MCV. both require a specialize training along with there own rig set up.

I'm just saying as from a game stand point after a certain number of firefirefighters on a single call RIT should be required. it's just like an officer down call. it could expand a fire call into a Firefighter down

• it's not so much one area or country that uses this. every departments follow some form of RIT. in the US we are required to have RIT because of NFPA 1500, 1561 and OSHA. it is a safety for the every firefighter on a fire ground. it would be fairly simple to incorporate into every style of firefighting. it's just like having a Hazmat team or MCV. both require a specialize training along with there own rig set up.

I'm just saying as from a game stand point after a certain number of firefirefighters on a single call RIT should be required. it's just like an officer down call. it could expand a fire call into a Firefighter down

The only issue arises is that essentially any unit can act as a RIT team. HazMat is a specialty in which you can obviously specialize. All crews should be able to handle RIT duties on a fire-ground. If the designated RIT team is either first due or out on another call, who would then act as a RIT if it were a specialty? As for having a designated RIT truck, that is something I have rarely heard of it but I am sure it is out there. But again, why purchase a RIT truck when you can purchase other apparatus and those units can still act as a RIT Team?

• The only issue arises is that essentially any unit can act as a RIT team. HazMat is a specialty in which you can obviously specialize. All crews should be able to handle RIT duties on a fire-ground. If the designated RIT team is either first due or out on another call, who would then act as a RIT if it were a specialty? As for having a designated RIT truck, that is something I have rarely heard of it but I am sure it is out there. But again, why purchase a RIT truck when you can purchase other apparatus and those units can still act as a RIT Team?

https://m.facebook.com/story.p…644434&id=182784025133144

https://m.facebook.com/groups/…id=10151946801508321&_rdr

The first link is the new 2018 E-One Rescue Engine, RE1913, RIT. Which replaced our 1988 Pemfab4Guys Engine, E1912 in the second link on the left.

The second link on the right is a 1996 Spartan/Luverne Rescue Engine, RE1911. Also RIT.

• I'll chime in here as well. My local fire department has a rescue unit designated Rapid Intervention Command. It's made to serve as a RIT team for long running calls, where waiting outside for activation gets old. Its a walk-in rescue designed to serve its RIT function excellently and the boys at the fire hall love it. Here's the thing though, this truck is still a frontline rescue used day in and day out on any and all rescue calls in its area, just serves an extra role, of RIT on major fires. I use major because it doesn't respond to every incident a RIT exists. We practice for any role you'll need a rescue, you have a RIT team, which means almost every call has one. For this reason, establishing a RIT in this game as a separate training would be unnecessary and add unreasonable bulk to the game in my opinion.

If mechanics were changed, I could see it but as the game is now, it's just not practical to have a stand alone add-on, especially given there's so much more that would effect gameplay more directly

I play in SoCal, North East Avalon in Newfoundland, and lately been trying out Toronto, because, why not?

I also make graphics for all my stations and areas. Interested? Hit me up, I might be able to help you out

• I'll chime in here as well. My local fire department has a rescue unit designated Rapid Intervention Command. It's made to serve as a RIT team for long running calls, where waiting outside for activation gets old. Its a walk-in rescue designed to serve its RIT function excellently and the boys at the fire hall love it. Here's the thing though, this truck is still a frontline rescue used day in and day out on any and all rescue calls in its area, just serves an extra role, of RIT on major fires. I use major because it doesn't respond to every incident a RIT exists. We practice for any role you'll need a rescue, you have a RIT team, which means almost every call has one. For this reason, establishing a RIT in this game as a separate training would be unnecessary and add unreasonable bulk to the game in my opinion.

If mechanics were changed, I could see it but as the game is now, it's just not practical to have a stand alone add-on, especially given there's so much more that would effect gameplay more directly

What is its radio callsign? Guys us moderators aren’t disagreeing with you, we just don’t see a need for it yet. For the vast majority of departments almost any unit can serve as RIT, although it does tend to be ladders or rescues. No one has shown me a unit that is ONLY used for RIT, therefore it either doesn’t exist or is extremely rare. I think we’ll out this in the back burner for now, but great discussion on all parts!

• What is its radio callsign? Guys us moderators aren’t disagreeing with you, we just don’t see a need for it yet. For the vast majority of departments almost any unit can serve as RIT, although it does tend to be ladders or rescues. No one has shown me a unit that is ONLY used for RIT, therefore it either doesn’t exist or is extremely rare. I think we’ll out this in the back burner for now, but great discussion on all parts!

RIC can be use for Engines,Ladders or Rescues in the fire department.... it depends on what type of fire department the fire chief wants

• Like DeputyMedic20 said in Real World a RIT truck can be anything. A truck, engine, heavy rescue, hazmat. if you have the crew that certified as RIT that your job on a fire ground depending on where you are station and your truck assignment. I said earlier it all depends on where your at.

as for the game, I know we don't like joining multiple job into one truck. A RIT truck could be a stand alone truck that requires training.

http://www.southamptonfd.org/rit.html RIT Truck

http://www.indianafiretrucks.com/pages/allen/st_joseph.html Rescue as a RIT Truck

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!