Water tankers

• Thought I would lay down my thoughts about the situation regarding water tankers... :thumbup:

As you should know, there are several missions that require a water tanker (e.g. field fires, multiple vehicle fires etc). These such missions give many of us some rather large headaches!

Many urban areas simply do not have very many (or 0) water tankers - instead they simply have engines etc, with direct access to nearby water. With that being said, I am suggesting that the game can have the ability to register several fire engines as if it were 1 water tanker (e.g. 3 standard trucks is equal to 1 water tanker).

(in simple terms... A player can choose to send EITHER 3 engines or 1 water tanker to a mission - they will both be 'worth' the same...)
    - mission example: 'multiple vehicles on fire'... player can send 5 engines, 1 battalion chief, 1 water tanker OR 8 engines, 1 battalion chief.

The above suggestion would benefit the vast majority of players in the game from what I can tell. It makes little sense for firefighters to be waiting sometimes hours for a single water tanker, when they could have sent 20+ engines in the mean time... There is no visible advantages to anyone who chooses to run their game this way - 3 or 4 engines cost the same price as a water tanker, and there is no training required for either of them.

Hope that makes enough sense. So with that all having been said... What are your thoughts on this? :)

• So just going to add something to this, it makes sense to me for Europe but in the u.s. alot of departments with urban interfaces have water tankers including my area we've got 9 tankers and we're mostly urban but I get your point just thought I'd add to it a little.

• An engine-tanker would be an awesome addition. I know it has been discussed, but we have rescue engines and quints, so why not just put an engine tanker in. Yall have said its cheating the game. Its really not, if the point is trying to be realistic, then I dont see what wrong with them.

• An engine-tanker would be an awesome addition. I know it has been discussed, but we have rescue engines and quints, so why not just put an engine tanker in. Yall have said its cheating the game. Its really not, if the point is trying to be realistic, then I dont see what wrong with them.

To my knowledge no one said it's cheating. Sebastian hasn't developed it yet because he isn't big on combination units as it would make the game easy.

But this unit isn't a loss as it's a possibility it could be added in a Wildland Update. Mod team is already aware of this topic as it's been brought up tons of times.

• What is an engine tanker? I have never heard of that one before :D . In all seriousness we would love to see engine tankers in the game and they would be ideal for a wild land update if one were to happen in the future.

• a Pumper/Tanker in the United States is a Duel Purpose Engine and Tanker, Sometimes hold a Crew of 2/3 all the way up to 8 I have seen. they usually carry 1500-3000 Gallons of water. and depending on the location of the incident and when the rig is due in, it can act as a Engine or a Tanker. usually the crew jumps off the rig and is a suppression crew while the drive can either run tanker shuttles or set up a drop tank off the rig.

Great for areas with bad Fire hydrants, no Fire Hydrants, or areas where M/A or really rural Situations where your backup will not be there for a while.

• a Pumper/Tanker in the United States is a Duel Purpose Engine and Tanker, Sometimes hold a Crew of 2/3 all the way up to 8 I have seen. they usually carry 1500-3000 Gallons of water. and depending on the location of the incident and when the rig is due in, it can act as a Engine or a Tanker. usually the crew jumps off the rig and is a suppression crew while the drive can either run tanker shuttles or set up a drop tank off the rig.

Great for areas with bad Fire hydrants, no Fire Hydrants, or areas where M/A or really rural Situations where your backup will not be there for a while.

I know. I was being a little sarcastic because it’s probably the most requested unit of all time on this forum. It would be a great asset to have if we can convince Seb about it.

• I'll go one step further and say if he make this happen I'll spend $5-$10 a week from now on! That may not be much for him to work the game but every little bit counts and I need to expand my stations more! Lol

• While I agree with the pumper idea, I can't complain that much. My area I am building in, rural Wisconsin, has tankers at almost all fire stations. For me it would not be that much of a change. I do agree that in larger cities they do not need/have tankers and this would be helpful.

• I agree with the original post. I am running an urban city with no water tankers in real life. There are just no parts of the coverage area that would so remote from a water source, either natural or hydrant, that they require a true water tanker. If I really needed one, I would request it mutual aid, just like in real life. I like the idea of an either/or for a water tanker requirement.

• To my knowledge no one said it's cheating. Sebastian hasn't developed it yet because he isn't big on combination units as it would make the game easy.
    But this unit isn't a loss as it's a possibility it could be added in a Wildland Update. Mod team is already aware of this topic as it's been brought up tons of times.

I earned few millions since when I started to play, then for me is easy to purchase as many tankers I need/want. It wouldn't make the game too easy, it would only make the game a little bit more realistic. I don't want Engine Pumper, I wish that 3/4 engines can make 1 tanker... most of the people play in large cities, which have many engines that support the rescue engines with tons of water. Here in Rome we have 1/2 tankers and many "Type 2 fire engine" that contain 8/12.000Liters of water, while the tankers contain 20/30.000Liters. It's unrealistic send 30.000liters x 2 or 3 for some calls... I can send out 5, 6, 10 type 2... that is realistic and maybe costs more than 1 tanker.

• I earned few millions since when I started to play, then for me is easy to purchase as many tankers I need/want. It wouldn't make the game too easy, it would only make the game a little bit more realistic. I don't want Engine Pumper, I wish that 3/4 engines can make 1 tanker... most of the people play in large cities, which have many engines that support the rescue engines with tons of water. Here in Rome we have 1/2 tankers and many "Type 2 fire engine" that contain 8/12.000Liters of water, while the tankers contain 20/30.000Liters. It's unrealistic send 30.000liters x 2 or 3 for some calls... I can send out 5, 6, 10 type 2... that is realistic and maybe costs more than 1 tanker.

I totally get where you're coming from especially with a City perspective. But I don't have this issue too much as I run out of a big county that has a lot of Tankers. But for a city I recommend having your Tankers listed in a seperate category under Special Engines or what have you.

Now if the game dev can make it to where say 4 Engines can take place as 1 Tanker then that'd be great and very helpful. I would put that as a suggestion if you wanted to push the issue.

But as far as Pumper-Tankers go, I am very much looking forward to them eventually coming.

• Now if the game dev can make it to where say 4 Engines can take place as 1 Tanker then that'd be great and very helpful. I would put that as a suggestion if you wanted to push the issue.

That is what I started this thread for, so please don't go and suggest the same thing :D

However, hopefully we do see something along the lines of what has been suggested in the not-too-distant future!

• Personally I’m against the water capacity system. I feel this isn’t the right game to have that type of system. Water capacity at incidents can vary from incident to incident, location to location so to just have this mission require this amount of water isn’t very realistic. It also makes things overly complex. If it was a game such as emergency 4/911 first responders then I would say it does add to the game but not for this kind of game. The multiple engines to make up one tanker is the better system in my opinion.

• Personally I’m against the water capacity system. I feel this isn’t the right game to have that type of system. Water capacity at incidents can vary from incident to incident, location to location so to just have this mission require this amount of water isn’t very realistic. It also makes things overly complex. If it was a game such as emergency 4/911 first responders then I would say it does add to the game but not for this kind of game. The multiple engines to make up one tanker is the better system in my opinion.

Can this be added to the list of potential updates? Honestly I wouldn't mind sending 4 Engines or so in place of a Water Tanker in case one is not available

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!