ALS Medical Training for Fire Apparatus

• I've tested this a bit and as far as I can tell putting ALS trained crew on engines and quints DID NOT treat patients where an ALS ambulance was required. This was the reason for creating this thread originally as I'm not sure if that is what the devs intended with this update.

So, if it's not working as you said (and as it should), this point needs to be reported to the staff.

• So, if it's not working as you said (and as it should), this point needs to be reported to the staff.

Actually now that I think about this. That might be accurate where those units wont treat patients. Here is why....

I tested a theory a couple moths ago with training personnel as Sheriff and K9. I placed them in a K9 unit and they responded appropriately to K9 calls. I sent those units out to Sheriff calls but did NOT count as Sheriff as they were not in Sheriff vehicles. I swapped them to Sheriff cars and they counted as sheriff but not as K9 on applicable calls. They were bound to calls based on the vehicle. So I suspect that FF trained ALS wont be a benefit unless assigned to Engine / Amb rigs. In which case I wonder if you assign an regular non-trained FF in a Engine Ambulance if the unit would even leave the station?

• Actually now that I think about this. That might be accurate where those units wont treat patients. Here is why....

I tested a theory a couple moths ago with training personnel as Sheriff and K9. I placed them in a K9 unit and they responded appropriately to K9 calls. I sent those units out to Sheriff calls but did NOT count as Sheriff as they were not in Sheriff vehicles. I swapped them to Sheriff cars and they counted as sheriff but not as K9 on applicable calls. They were bound to calls based on the vehicle. So I suspect that FF trained ALS wont be a benefit unless assigned to Engine / Amb rigs. In which case I wonder if you assign an regular non-trained FF in a Engine Ambulance if the unit would even leave the station?

I just tested this just now. Turns out that the new Engine/Amb unit won't leave the station unless the ALS FF is assigned to it. And then it works with treating the patient. So yeah, right now this training is only beneficial to someone who wants to use that unit specifically.

• My question would be do you need a fully staffed rig with ALS trained staff. Some agencies only have one trained paramedic on a rig?

And I’m hoping the intent is for a trained staff on an engine to act similarly as a fly-car.

most agencies I have worked with or know only have 1 Paramedic aka ALS in each rig along with an EMT aka BLS. Rare to find more than one medic in a rig, but they are out there.

• Actually now that I think about this. That might be accurate where those units wont treat patients. Here is why....

IMO : It will do the same thing with ... Hazmat or command vehicule without the required training.

About the Sheriff/K9 thing, it's because in the mission code, the mission requires 1 unit (with a trained personnel) and not only one trained personal.
    Like some SWAT required missions that requires only an # amount of SWAT personnel and not a SWAT unit (like the LSA Mission does).

• IMO : It will do the same thing with ... Hazmat or command vehicule without the required training.

About the Sheriff/K9 thing, it's because in the mission code, the mission requires 1 unit (with a trained personnel) and not only one trained personal.
    Like some SWAT required missions that requires only an # amount of SWAT personnel and not a SWAT unit (like the LSA Mission does).

the calls that called for a patrol and a k9, for testing purposes I would send a regular patrol and a Sheriff/K9 trained in a sheriff unit and the mission would not complete unless a K9 vehcile with trained person arrived. I tried many angles on that lol.

• I just tested this just now. Turns out that the new Engine/Amb unit won't leave the station unless the ALS FF is assigned to it. And then it works with treating the patient. So yeah, right now this training is only beneficial to someone who wants to use that unit specifically.

thank you for testing this and sharing the results.

• the calls that called for a patrol and a k9, for testing purposes I would send a regular patrol and a Sheriff/K9 trained in a sheriff unit and the mission would not complete unless a K9 vehcile with trained person arrived. I tried many angles on that lol.

This is normal. You need a K9 trained personnel and the dog in the K9 car. You can't just put the dog in the rear seat or in the trunk... 😅

• Right, I've have spent 90 some coins on training for my Paramedic Rigs. I really hope this is just some bug the devs will work out very soon.

I don't think it's a bug. I think it's a missing feature. This must be reported and strongly asked to be added.

• a bit off topic but does anyone know much about Academy's? trying to help a fellow alliance member, we have 1 fire academy but he needs to train lots of recruits but he doesn't want to wait in line with other members. can he purchase an academy then fast track the training with coins then delete the academy in a few hours to get a refund?

• a bit off topic but does anyone know much about Academy's? trying to help a fellow alliance member, we have 1 fire academy but he needs to train lots of recruits but he doesn't want to wait in line with other members. can he purchase an academy then fast track the training with coins then delete the academy in a few hours to get a refund?

Did you see this ?

• This is NOT a bug. Currently the ALS training is ONLY for the Fire Engine/Ambulance combo. Though this is not the full intention of this training. However, it is not known if it will be possible to make the ALS training function the way we have intended it to, and whether or not the developers will adopt the idea of having ALS treatment personnel onboard standard fire apparatus.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!