Medical Helicopters

• Has anyone noticed that the medical helicopters only have 1 person on board. Who would take care of the patient they are transporting. Can't say that they would take people from the scene as that would mean units would be out of service and people would have to be shuttled back. Generally in my jurisdiction the helicopter comes with a pilot, a flight nurse and a paramedic. Maybe these folks should be added to the Medical Helicopter and then require education before the unit is available.

• I have only seen people transferred from a vehicle in a tv show doesn’t make since so won’t waist time explaining but I do agree there should be more, or if your taking them from a scene an additional unit needs to be dispatched to have one person take that vehicle to were ever drop it off, be followed by there vehicle to were ever that way extra man power on scene. By the way the one show I seen it on is emergency!

• I have only seen people transferred from a vehicle in a tv show doesn’t make since so won’t waist time explaining but I do agree there should be more, or if your taking them from a scene an additional unit needs to be dispatched to have one person take that vehicle to were ever drop it off, be followed by there vehicle to were ever that way extra man power on scene. By the way the one show I seen it on is emergency!

emergency is outdated.... air flights are way more effective for the golden hour in trauma

Mission Chief - In Game Division Chief

Professionally having my posts deleted since 2022!8)<3

Think of the patient transfer from flight as the patient coming in on a chartered medical plane instead of Helicopter, which can happen to get a patient to a specialized hospital

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!