Unit Pathing

• Greetings!

I have noticed that my units will follow old roads that no longer exist or old alignments of existing roads (where the path has been changed). They will also not follow any new roads that have been created in the last six years or so it seems. Specifically, in my area a large expressway/loop around town has been completed in phases over the last eight years. None of the segments that have been opened in the last six years are usable by my units.

What, if anything, can be done to fix this?

Thanks!

• It is obvious to me when I look at the map in my state that some roads are still missing. I would assume that at some point the map they are using for the game will get updates just as some of the features are updated as they move forward. As with anything, the updates take time and the content advisors work with the developers to get these changes made.

• I believe that all the routing is done using Open Street Maps. If there are updates that need to be made to those maps, they are generally community driven. You can look at https://www.openstreetmap.org for more details on the maps. There is process to Edit the maps on the site as well.

That's the thing: the map is updated. I can see the roads and the correct alignment, the units just don't follow it.

• I have verified that the route data on OpenStreetMap is correct. Just taking an educated guess as to what may be happening, I think it's possible that instead of constantly using OpenStreetMap's route data live (that'd be a lot of traffic from MC to OSM), the devs could have imported it at some point, so it would need to be refreshed or reimported. The map that is actually displayed by the game is live directly from OSM and so is up-to-date.

How can I raise an official bug report or ticket on this? I've used the in-app support chat feature, which I think should be sufficient. Anyone who knows better, please let me know.

• I have verified that the route data on OpenStreetMap is correct. Just taking an educated guess as to what may be happening, I think it's possible that instead of constantly using OpenStreetMap's route data live (that'd be a lot of traffic from MC to OSM), the devs could have imported it at some point, so it would need to be refreshed or reimported. The map that is actually displayed by the game is live directly from OSM and so is up-to-date.

How can I raise an official bug report or ticket on this? I've used the in-app support chat feature, which I think should be sufficient. Anyone who knows better, please let me know.

The game mapping servers sometimes just have a hiccup, or just don't recognise routes at all. Occasionally, you'll notice a car acting like a helicopter and driving through buildings! haha

If it's a persistent issue, the best way is via the support in-app as you've already done, but to be honest, not sure they'll be bothered about fixing a specific road, unfortunately.

• The game mapping servers sometimes just have a hiccup, or just don't recognise routes at all. Occasionally, you'll notice a car acting like a helicopter and driving through buildings! haha

If it's a persistent issue, the best way is via the support in-app as you've already done, but to be honest, not sure they'll be bothered about fixing a specific road, unfortunately.

Yeah, I notice that sometimes units go offroading if they don't have a great path. This is a different issue where units always take the old/outdated route/alignment of certain roads and always refuse to use new ones. I'm intimately familiar with the area I'm in in-game, and I have confirmed that the game ignores anything newer than six years ago. I'm sure I can't be the only one having this issue, though it'd obviously be noticeable in some areas more than others.

• Yeah, I notice that sometimes units go offroading if they don't have a great path. This is a different issue where units always take the old/outdated route/alignment of certain roads and always refuse to use new ones. I'm intimately familiar with the area I'm in in-game, and I have confirmed that the game ignores anything newer than six years ago. I'm sure I can't be the only one having this issue, though it'd obviously be noticeable in some areas more than others.

I dont play in my own area so I've never noticed it to be honest. Let us know what the support team say!

• not sure which support you had contact with, but if you havent - better off contacting the open street map support, and see if the can update, MC support really cant do anything with that app, they just have permssion to use it

This has been discussed before and I do not think it is something on the front burner for repair. As I have been told over and over from content advisers and moderators, it is a game and everything is not going to be as totally realistic as you want it to be. We just have to adapt to the bugs and hope at sometime they get fixed..

• not sure which support you had contact with, but if you havent - better off contacting the open street map support, and see if the can update, MC support really cant do anything with that app, they just have permssion to use it

The issue isn't with OSM. As I said previously, I have verified that the data in OSM is correct and up to date. The game just doesn't use it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!