• Should the devs look at the issue of botting? 16

1. Yes (12) 75%
    2. No (5) 31%

I realise this is going to be a sensitive topic but I think its worth asking and hoping that MissionChief-Team will respond.

Will anything ever be done about the state of botting in this game, in my personal opinion its out of control. I miss the old days prior to the Uk version where credits earned were real rather than a script.

All you need to do is look at the earnings per hour to see people are not even hiding it now :(

• You may (and should) always report bot users to the support via the known ways (help button in FAQ, mail). Always provide a prove to what you write e.g. when the user wrote that they use a bot.

Unfortunately, it is technically almost impossible to do much against botting but be sure that the dev team is always up to suggestions on how to make it more difficult for bots.

We've seen the same issue on the german version since almost the start of the game which has been in July of 2013. The toplist hasn't been a real toplist since then as there are many people that don't care about fairplay are violating the TOS regulary. You can earn a lot even without botting but it is difficult to compete against bot users.

=> The toplist isn't a toplist but a list of players.

As unfortunately not much cannot be done against the issue, the best thing is not to see the game as a competition but to enjoy playing in your own speed with your alliance and friends.

• The sad state of the game means that it looks like it will be a never ending issue.

It seems really really strange that the devs cant detect these players.

Some are not even attempting to hide the fact that they are cheating.

For example these 2 players

https://www.statsdb.eu/MKS/MKS…yerName=MissionEliminator

https://www.statsdb.eu/MKS/MKS…sie=UK&PlayerName=M4rtynn

They are earning millions per hour every day end on end.

• with a good alliance you can make a huge amount of credits every day. Which of course doesn't mean that no one of them is cheating but it is possible in general.

You may report them to the team and they will probably investigate that as good as possible. However there are many ways to bot that cannot be detected:

e.g. if a player uses a bot to move the mouse and make it click automatically or if one clicks keys automatically. You simply cannot detect that. It is technically impossible to detect (and prevent) that.

And even if it was, there would still be ways to automate mouse and keyboard without using additional software on the device itself.

Don't want to say that cheating is good and the team shouldn't try to do anything against it (especially where it is obvious) but you will unfortunately never be able to prevent it.

As said: Reporting them to the team is best you can do :)

• There's whole alliances who regularly bot, have been temporarily suspended by the devs, and returned to the same behaviour. Reporting any botting to the devs is like pulling teeth, they want "proof" yet what proof can you reasonably gather besides their earnings, but it seems that isn't enough most of the time. Only way to get botters banned seemingly is to get them to admit it.

• There's whole alliances who regularly bot, have been temporarily suspended by the devs, and returned to the same behaviour. Reporting any botting to the devs is like pulling teeth, they want "proof" yet what proof can you reasonably gather besides their earnings, but it seems that isn't enough most of the time. Only way to get botters banned seemingly is to get them to admit it.

I sent full proof in to the Devs including admissions of doing it by 3 players.

What did the Devs do? Absolutely nothing not even a reply.

The Devs don't care about it.

Gave up worrying about it.

• Think the problem sometimes is that you can't be sure that someone is botting.

We were banned for botting because we are earning a lot day by day.

But that is with honest playing and using the approved scripts in the best way posible. (lssm4 and JRH Bundle)

But if someone is earning every hour almost the some amount day in day out, hour by hour. Then botting will be the case.

• Think the problem sometimes is that you can't be sure that someone is botting.

But that is with honest playing and using the approved scripts in the best way posible. (lssm4 and JRH Bundle)

But if someone is earning every hour almost the some amount day in day out, hour by hour. Then botting will be the case.

Even with botting, the earnings will vary with how the missions spawn randomly etc. Super hard to be 100%

What's a JRH Bundle?

• Totally off topic but I like the JRH bundle for the simplicity and the filtering. Also the counting of alliance missions I find very handy. And You can exclude ranges of credits. (No I don’t own any stocks. ;-). )

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!