EMS Engine

• So then the solution is to change the EMS engine from an ALS Ambulance to an ALS Fly car, or create a new unit designation.

Or make the ability to transport able to be turned off.

• The EMS Engine Ambulance is used more than you guys realize. And this is a Realistic Unit as different departments utilize it in multiple states.

How it's used is up to that department. Even though it has a water tank it's mostly used for Transporting Patients.

Some have the Ambulance Cab in place of the Crew Cab while others have it at the rear of the Engine and only a Single "Two Man" Cab at the front.

Same goes for the Rescue Ambulance. It's a Heavy Rescue with Ambulance Transport Capabilities. It may not be entirely popular with most departments but it does get used a lot.

The post of it's release in the EMS Update was to bring Realistic Vehicles to the Game. This is a Realistic Unit.

It's only optional. Players do not have to use it if they don't like it.

To be a little blunt, There's no need to make a fuss about it if you guys don't like it. Just don't use it is all. It's only a Game and the Content Teams do their research first before forwarding ideas for implementation.

Sorry to say, This Unit won't be going anywhere 😉

Thank you,

JB

• I second the idea of a "Paramedic Engine" as called in some area, engine acting as a fly car for BLS. Alot of areas use this, especially in my alliance. We cover Prince George and alot of the DMV area, aswell as La County which focuses heavily on private BLS transport with ALS fire intervention. This would heavily benefit areas like mine, however I would be concerned about the engine assisting in transport like a fly car/ems rescue unit does and clearing the scene needing to fill the engine.

• I never said it wasnt a realistic unit, it is, however it just doesnt fit right in the game imo, it costs more to use it than to just get a normal ambulance and ends up requiring more units to respond to calls if you actually transport with it, which is why I brought up the idea of a change. Yes players dont have to use it, but is it not better for the game and the community if it is a unit people use regularly? Nobody was making a fuss, I was just stating the fact that its kind of useless for what its intended to do. Yes its only a game, but its also a game with people who do this stuff day in and day out and understand it, this unit has practical applications in the real world, however like you said it is a game and it cannot be 100% realistic, which ends up culminating in this unit which doesnt work well with the way the game is set up and played. it is unfortunate that you guys dont want to change that but such is life.

• JB no disrespect intended I have been involved in Emergency Services and in ems in particular since 1998 I know they are used in some areas and are functioning well for those agencies. All we are simply asking is to either allow the option to turn off the portion that automatically makes it transport the patient or allow an option for the regular or rescue engine to treat someone to say 50% or treat class A and some B patients fully like a fly car does. Because non transport paramedic engines exist and I would bet outnumber actual engine ambulances 3 to 1 in any area. I can think of a half dozen major cities that run bls or even als staff on every single engine and routinely treat patients on scene. We don’t want the engine ambulances to go away we just want additional realistic options!!!!

• JB no disrespect intended I have been involved in Emergency Services and in ems in particular since 1998 I know they are used in some areas and are functioning well for those agencies. All we are simply asking is to either allow the option to turn off the portion that automatically makes it transport the patient or allow an option for the regular or rescue engine to treat someone to say 50% or treat class A and some B patients fully like a fly car does. Because non transport paramedic engines exist and I would bet outnumber actual engine ambulances 3 to 1 in any area. I can think of a half dozen major cities that run bls or even als staff on every single engine and routinely treat patients on scene. We don’t want the engine ambulances to go away we just want additional realistic options!!!!

I been on the forums about 2 years now and been seeing this topic pop up often. :thumbup:

I'm from SolCal retired now and thats how most (not all but most) of Cali is all Paramedic staffed Engines, Cal-Fire even have some Engines Paramedic staffed.

Agreed, most engines in my state are ALS level of care or at the very least have the ability to provide ALS care when an ambulance shows up.

• I see what you guys are saying, I cannot say much right now but something is in the works to rectify this so all parties are satisfied.

May not come immediately but it is being worked on and I think you'll like it.

I've been listening this entire time. I have an idea that's been passed forward and it's a good one that'll work for everyone! ;)

• I see what you guys are saying, I cannot say much right now but something is in the works to rectify this so all parties are satisfied.

May not come immediately but it is being worked on and I think you'll like it.

I've been listening this entire time. I have an idea that's been passed forward and it's a good one that'll work for everyone! ;)

Thank you Jersey looking forward to it !!!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!