EMS Engine

• This has been talked about before, but I want to bring it up on an actual post rather than a reply in a thread.

I think the EMS fire engine kind of breaks the game. The fact that it can treat and transport ALS patients while also filling 1x engine requirement for missions is the main issue here. I propose a change to the EMS engine where it can no longer transport, but rather treat patients to an ALS level and also fill the 1x engine requirement. The current issue is this: The EMS engine is really only useful for medical calls that require 1 engine and have 1 ALS transportable patient. Anything else that has more than 1x engine requirement causes major issues.

In order to transport patients, you have to take that engine away from the scene which forces you to have to dispatch another engine to fill its place, and I would have been better off just sending an ALS transporting ambulance rather than expanding a fire station, buying the ambulance extension, getting 1-6 people trained in ALS for fire apparatus. For all of that, it costs 100k to expand the station for another vehicle spot, 100k for the extension and 7 days of building (or 10 coins), 25k for the vehicle, and 3 more days (or 6 coins) for training. The total cost is 10 real world days (or 16 coins) and 225k to buy ONE engine that causes me to have to disaptch more units when it treats and transports a patient.

If I were to expand an EMS station, it would cost 100k for the expansion, and 5k for an ALS transporting ambulance. A full 120k less than buying the EMS engine.

The way I see it right now, there is absolutely no reason to buy the EMS engine, expand and extend a fire station, and train 6 people just to be able to fill 2 spots. This is not the same as the quint or the squad (rescue engine) as those pieces do not have to leave the incident midway through. Might as well just buy 2 pieces (the engine and the ambulance) in different stations rather than wasting the money and the time.

I do understand that there are real world examples of this, however it is uncommon (if you want a real example, look at South Ogden Utah, they have one), and doesn't fill an in game role as it stands (it works in real life because real life operations are different than the game).

So how do we fix it to make it useful? Remove its ALS transport capability and only allow it to treat ALS patients, that way when you send an ALS ambulance to the scene, there is no treatment needed, transport is automatically available. Keep the training requirement and the ability to put it in a fire station with an ambulance extension. Still let it fulfill the engine requirement for missions, but stop it from leaving with a patient midway. This would not only solve the issue of having to dispatch more units, but would make it useful for players who want to save time by treating a patient while a transporting ambulance is on the way.

Let me know what yall think.

• I fully concur with this idea, I have brought it up a few times and a friend of mine in my alliance also posted about it also I have seen other members bring it up. out of 627 FD stations I had bought the ALS Engine/Ambulance once and tested it out. it was a no go I ended up deleting that apparatus. No one in my alliance has that Engine/Ambulance we had found it was a waste of time and credits and or coins to create, and to operate we would had to put in another Engine in the same station

• I have posted similar threads I agree it definitely affects game play. I would love to either have the option to make It non transport capable or even better through storage and training allow a regular engine to function as either a basic life support or advanced life support fly car. Using my area Philadelphia for example every firefighter is trained to at least the Emt level and engines respond to cardiac arrests and other acute call’s especially if an ambulance is coming from outside it’s first due response local.

• It doesn't make sense that if we assign personnel with ALS training in a regular Engine, they are not able to treat patients.

In an other post I've been told that it does make sense to assign personnel with EMS Command training to a regular MCV or EMS Chief vehicle and be able to use their training. So in this case let us use regular fire engines with ALS trained personnel to treat patients before transporting them with an ambulance.

EMS-Chief could you ask developers please ? Thank you.

• Patient Treatment and Transport are based on vehicle types, not personnel assigned.

ALS Ambulance** will treat all patients and transport

BLS Ambulance will treat and transport ALPHA and BRAVO patients, 90% treatment of Charlie, Delta, Echo and Omega* patients without a "Fly-car" type vehicle to complete.

Fly-Car type vehicles (Fly-Car, EMS Rescue) will treat 90% of transport patients and treat/release those who are releasable.

Police and Fire (non-Fly Car or Transportable type) will treat 10% of patients.

[This is not an exhaustive list, I'm sure I'm missing some]

*Omega patient determinants are currently wrong, these patients are generally community defferable patients who can be released to a community service type unit. At present Omega is being treated as an ALS patient. I have lobbied the devs to change this to at minimum a BLS patient, but to no avail.

**ALS Ambulance includes all ALS transportable vehicles such as Tactical Ambulance, CBRNE Ambulance, Fire Engine/Ambulance and HEMS.

• EMS-Chief if we can give the ems rescue fly car ability why not the rescue engine or type 1 engine? I am not an expert on programming but it doesn’t seem that complicated to do. Especially since they already have 10% capabilities now.

• EMS-Chief if we can give the ems rescue fly car ability why not the rescue engine or type 1 engine? I am not an expert on programming but it doesn’t seem that complicated to do. Especially since they already have 10% capabilities now.

Or instead add a new type of equipment; "Medical Equipment". This can function as a fly car, but attached to a firetruck/other unit.

Back to the original issue, I agree that the EMS fire engine should, by default, not be able to transport patients. For realistic players, and people who like the feature, there could be a toggable switch in settings that allows you to flip between no transport and transport.

• Or instead add a new type of equipment; "Medical Equipment". This can function as a fly car, but attached to a firetruck/other unit.

Back to the original issue, I agree that the EMS fire engine should, by default, not be able to transport patients. For realistic players, and people who like the feature, there could be a toggable switch in settings that allows you to flip between no transport and transport.

Absolutely I have suggested that too.

• EMS-Chief thank you for this information but this does not help with our wish. We would like the fire engines to be able to treat BLS/ALS patients if personnel with ALS training is assigned to the vehicle, before transporting with an ambulance. This would be like REAL life in several US fire departments.

The current trend of the game is to assign trained personnel to a wide variety of vehicles, so the most realistic thing would be ALS trained personnel assigned to fire engines with the ability to treat patients, like in real life. I can see many people who wish a more realistic game. Thank you!

• EMS-Chief thank you for this information but this does not help with our wish. We would like the fire engines to be able to treat BLS/ALS patients if personnel with ALS training is assigned to the vehicle, before transporting with an ambulance. This would be like REAL life in several US fire departments.

The current trend of the game is to assign trained personnel to a wide variety of vehicles, so the most realistic thing would be ALS trained personnel assigned to fire engines with the ability to treat patients, like in real life. Thank you!

I am not sure what you guys are talking about because here is a screen shot that I did. I did not dispatch any ambulance on this call (US Version) and it would appear from the screen shot shows the on scene engine is "treating patient" and when the EMS Units arrived the patient transferred to the EMS. as is shown on the second shot. This Engine is just a type 1 engine, no ALS trained personnel at all on it.

Am I missing something?

• I think that your fire engine treat only 10% of the patient and then the treatment progress bar stops until an ambulance arrives

• EMS-Chief they added allow BLS ambulance instead of ALS ambulance on the mission code for the omega missions so it should work now.

The current trend of the game is to assign trained personnel to a wide variety of vehicles, so the most realistic thing would be ALS trained personnel assigned to fire engines with the ability to treat patients, like in real life. I can see many people who wish a more realistic game. Thank you!

Exactly I would venture to say 90% of the municipal paid fire services in this country and about 75% of the volunteers provide at least BLS level care with their fire engines. We should have something similar for a level of realism

• I think that your fire engine treat only 10% of the patient and then the treatment progress bar stops until an ambulance arrives

Correct only 10% which means a simple coding change can allow an increase. I am not asking for 100% but something similar to realism for instance a person hit by a motor scooter or even more basic a fever. The engine gets there gets vitals and transfers the patient to the ambulance when it arrives so if they were healed to say 50% that would be about equal. Even if they had a sliding scale of 25% to 50% depending on the call just something more realistic and reasonable.

• So then the solution is to change the EMS engine from an ALS Ambulance to an ALS Fly car, or create a new unit designation.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!