• Alright so now that they’re working on adding a boat to the game, they’ve asked for ideas. Let’s start talking!

I like having the different options for transporting boats, and also the added use for utilities. Would a heavy rescue also be able to pull the trailer? I know some players will want this for realism.

• Utilities, Command Vehicles serving as Fire Police for those that have them. Type 2 Pumpers, Air Cascade Vehicles, Type 1 which would be rare but I've seen it before by a mid 80's Mack Pumper used as reserve.

This boat and trailer, Idk if I'd want this to take up a space or include in one. That would be another 100K to work up which I'd do if I had to. But to those still at the lowest of ranking, it would be difficult for them in a way.

• Utilities, Command Vehicles serving as Fire Police for those that have them. Type 2 Pumpers, Air Cascade Vehicles, Type 1 which would be rare but I've seen it before by a mid 80's Mack Pumper used as reserve.

This boat and trailer, Idk if I'd want this to take up a space or include in one. That would be another 100K to work up which I'd do if I had to. But to those still at the lowest of ranking, it would be difficult for them in a way.

I think we should have the ability to add a parking bay to the station. At either 10k or 25k. This way we can use them for the battalion unit and the boat. Or just the boat.

• The parking bay is a interesting idea, but it would have to be quite limited.

As for vehicles to tow the boat, I understand where you are coming from but at the moment the utility is no different from the heavy rescue, this would make the unit have more of a role. Please don’t think I am trying to shutdown ideas though.

We also have to remember that this is a game and although we try to make it as realistic as possible it still has to perform as a game, in real life emergency services would do/spend anything to make the work they carry out as easy as possible but that wouldn’t make a very good game. It is quite difficult to balance realism and game.

As for vehicles to tow the boat, I understand where you are coming from but at the moment the utility is no different from the heavy rescue, this would make the unit have more of a role. Please don’t think I am trying to shutdown ideas though.

We also have to remember that this is a game and although we try to make it as realistic as possible it still has to perform as a game, in real life emergency services would do/spend anything to make the work they carry out as easy as possible but that wouldn’t make a very good game. It is quite difficult to balance realism and game.

I totally agree with you, I've also seen people who didn't own a single Utility Unit over 20 stations
    I was going to say the battalion chief should also be able to tow the boat but it ruins the idea of the utility unit being used for something else

Also let me say that the first thing that came to my mind with the boats is "the next new unit" which should be the Diving Team

we could limit the parking bays to either 2 or 3. And the units parked on then would be the boat, Battalion chief and the utiitly unit.

• we could limit the parking bays to either 2 or 3. And the units parked on then would be the boat, Battalion chief and the utiitly unit.

This would definitely free up engine bay space for more Fire Apparatus. Most stations in my area keep their command vehicles outside the station or their house.

@TACRfan i ahve put this here for referance into the parking area i was talking about,

Upon looking in to the german version. i have spotted these attached to the fire station

Rescue service extension
    RTW, KTW, GRTW, NAW and NEF can be placed on existing parking spaces.
    7 days100,000 credits20 coins
    Water Rescue Extension
    Water rescue vehicles and boats can be placed on existing parking spaces.
    7 days400,000 credits25 coins
    Airport Extension
    Airport vehicles can be purchased. A fire station can be extended per 10 fire stations.
    7 days
    Large guard
    10 additional parking spaces can be used. A fire station can be extended per 10 fire stations.
    7 days
    Ro-Pitch7 days100,000 credits20 coins
    Ro-Pitch

Granted some of these wont be used in this version and if someone could help out here and explain what they are, but to me are the ro-pitch a parking space, and the rescue to large guard are the only people who can use them?

Thanks

• As the message on Facebook says there will be trailer pulled boats and heavy rescues with boats in them for swift water rescue

I didn't take notice if it said when the next update would be. Did they say when exactly?

• Heavy Rescues towing boats isn't too common due to their size. Pumpers often tow the trailer and actual utilities (not the Rescues that this game calls utilities). Pick-up trucks/SUVs tow the boats in most depts.
    Some examples of vehicles used to tow trailers where I am building.
    Grass Fire 1026 2002 Ford F-550 Crew Cab Brush Truck.
    Pumper 124 2005 International 4900 4x4/Pierce 1000/500/20 Interface Pumper.
    Squad 1317 BLS Fly Car.
    Rescue 198 Light Rescue.
    Squad 2027 1998 Chevrolet Squad Truck.
    Squad 2037 1994 Dodge Squad Truck.
    Squad 2327 2003 Ford 4WD Utility/Brush Truck.
    Grass Fire 267 Ford F-350 4x4 Brush Truck.
    Squad 2438 Ford F-350 Squad Truck.
    Squad 2916 2017 Chevrolet Pick-up.
    Squad 317 Pick-up.
    Squad 3427 1994 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD Suburban SUV.
    Mini Pumper 356 Ford Wildland Mini Pumper.
    Squad 386 2016 Ford F-550 4WD Crew Cab/Pierce Patrol Squad Truck.
    Grass Fire 4416 2004 Ford F-350 Super Duty/Wildfire 100/200 Brush Truck.
    Squad 4616 1989 Ford F-350/2017 West Herr Ford Pick-up.
    Grass Fire 4626 2017 Ford F-350/CET Brush Truck.
    Grass Fire 587 2004 Ford F-350/FD Custom Brush Truck.
    These are just one county but give a good variety of vehicles to tow the boats and eventual ATV/UTV type vehicles. Squad Trucks can be the "Utility" in the game but Pick-ups and SUVs do not carry any of the equipment that the Utility does in the game. Brush Trucks still have yet to be added but they make up a good share of the trucks used for towing trailers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!