Alarm and Response Regulations Question

• Hello all,

I am now setting up the Alarm and Response Regulation for my cities. I have noticed that Quints are not part of the apparatus list. Is this something that will be implemented into the regulation or are they not included for a specific reason?

Thanks,

Mike

• It's a whole new topic that requires a new thread, however, I would like to add some backing to the idea. It would definitely not be a loss to have this added alongside the other combination unit options.

• So there is a feature in the German version where the player can set their own vehicle categories so you could rename a police car a traffic car and then have the ARR select traffic cars. Would players be interested in seeing this brought across?

• So there is a feature in the German version where the player can set their own vehicle categories so you could rename a police car a traffic car and then have the ARR select traffic cars. Would players be interested in seeing this brought across?

Yes! Absolutely. Would create a whole new way in which we can play and we can personalise it to suit the needs of our services as required.

• Awhile ago, I mentioned having a tag on vehicles to bulk code 6 them. This could be implemented where you could give all quints the "quint" tag that you can make. Also, for code 6ing, there could be a "realistic" tag.

This would not be possible at this stage. It would be a straight translated transfer of the system that is in the German game. Other things might be possible at a later date but it will not be part of the system I mentioned.

• This would not be possible at this stage. It would be a straight translated transfer of the system that is in the German game. Other things might be possible at a later date but it will not be part of the system I mentioned.

Never seen or herd about this, where do i find out how to do it??

Definetely yes! I think this feature is more useful, than the travel time, which makes loading the dispatch window noticeable slower, but is nice to have!

For those of you who are not familiar with this I'll translate the facts from the video posted by Sebastian (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU60X-z_OR4)

To understand the basics of the video: the german DLK 23 equals a platform truck / German DLK 18-12 is a smaller one, but let's say you want to have a platfrom truck as "Tower Ladder", so "DLK 18-12" in the video is replaced by "Tower Ladder". While editing a platform truck, you set up the name "Tower Ladder 1" an then you've got the option to set up your own vehicle class "Tower Ladder" for this vehicle. If you additionally activate the option "Use only own vehicle class in ARR", this vehicle is no longer alarmed when you dispatch a platform truck.

But: While editing or creating an ARR, there will be a new tab called "Own vehicle classes". There you'll find your class "Tower Ladder" and you may set up an ARR dispatching your Tower Ladder, but not a platform truck (or quint).

So this feature would help us differing Patrol Cars, K-9-Units and Motorcycles in the ARR. I think it's annoying to have an ARR "1 Patrol Car" thats dispatches a motorcycle to "Pickpocketing" and later I have to dispatch another real Patrol car to transport the prisoner. Or vice versa: A Patrol cars goes to an obstruction of traffic (where a motorcycle would fit all requirements) and then IÄve got a motorcycle free at station, but no patrol car for a transport.

And one can stop dispatching "Heavy rescue + Boat"-Vehicles to a fire with "Heavy rescue" in an ARR (where another firetruck is needed then) and not having a boat for a "Sinking boat" ...

I'm sure Sebastian and the moderators here can give a better explanation for this feature than I can, but I hope you can understand the possibilities this feature provides.

Yours, Taliesin

location (Ingame): Chicago (IL) and suburbs, Milwaukee (WI), Seattle (WA)

location (real): Germany

• I think you have explained it pretty we. In regards to the time thing for ARR, we didn’t even know about it until today when we were asked to translate it. We obviously have our own list of updates that Sebastian works though but he sometimes has updates like this which he just brings in.

• Can anyone provide an explanation to a dilemma I am having.

I am trying to set up my Alarm and Response Regulation. The issue I am having is that I have multiple cities and some cities run just on ALS and others run on combined ALS and BLS. When I set up the Alarm and Response Regulation, I am not able to use it across all the cities since the ALS/BLS issues come up.

How would I be able to use Alarm and Response Regulations for each city? It seems to be a universal option. For example, in Toronto, they use ALS only, yet in Vancouver they use combined ALS and BLS. When I input a regulation, i am not able to use the same one for both cities. Would I have to create regulations for each city independently? Does this make sense? I hope I explained the issue Im having correctly.

Thanks,

Mike

• You should be able to select the stations that the response comes from:

This will prevent you selecting ambulances outside of certain areas...

Do mention though if this isn't hitting the right spot

• Thanks for the reply, I tried this but the problem still remains.

Will try to re word and explain the issue as I dont think I explained it clearly.

For example, I get a medical call that requires a BLS. I assign a response and regulation for this call and assign a BLS. In vancouver i can use this regulation, but in Toronto I cant as the response and regulation calls for a BLS and all I have is an ALS. The response and regulation will only dispatch a BLS since that is what is assigned. It will not dispatch an ALS and it says a BLS is needed and wont complete the call.

I would need to make every unit an ALS. Or I would have to assign every medical call an ALS and a BLS. This system only recognizes one unit and wont complete the call if another type of the same unit is required.

Does this make sense? Im trying to unravel it in my head.

Thanks,

Mike

• You could set “categories” within the AAR that represent certain cities with their policies regarding ambulance service, or you could do what I do regarding EMS calls, which is to have a “Medical Emergency” button that dispatches an ambulance and an engine, but also one that dispatches a fly car and an ambulance based on what department will be Responding. For example, you would have one called “Medical Emergency” for Toronto which would Dispatch an ALS, and one called “Medical Emergency: Vancouver” which would dispatch BLS

In hindsight, and after typing all that I’m rather upset with myself. Simply remove all of the ambulances from all of your AARs, and make one for a single ALS unit, and one for a single BLS unit. Then when you hit a button, (Residential Fire, for example) you would also hit your ALS or BLS button to add an ambulance to the call.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!