Re-Visit Trailer Types For Units/Newer Combo Units

• We've talked about this in a past and I would like to revisit this topic again.

Cascade Trailer - For when a Cascade unit is not available

Hazmat Trailer - For when a Hazmat truck is not available

Foam Trailer - For an ARFF call when a Foam Tender is not available.

ALS Trailer - Alternative to EMS training for Fire Apparatus

Mobile Command Trailer - For when a Mobile Command Unit is not available.

Battalion Chief/Mobile Command Combo - Have a Chiefs vehicle with a mini mobile command attachment on it. (Alternative to Mobile Command Trailer)

Cascade Heavy Rescue/Cascade Utility- Alternative to Casecade Trailer Idea.

Platform Rescue - Just a basic Ladder with no pump and Heavy Rescue combo unit. I think a rescue Quint would be heavily exploited.

This would be like Rock, Paper, Scissors.

Rescue Engine - Heavy Rescue/Engine
    Quint - Engine/Ladder
    Platform Rescue - Ladder/Heavy Rescue

Tell me what y'all think!

• The Mobile Command Unit is already a Combo unit. It both a BC and MCV.

Battalion Chief and Mobile Command are different.

Battalion Chief are for commanding officers at the station, Mobile Command is a bigger command unit for bigger incidents. Has more communications equipment.

I was suggesting a combo of that somehow if possible. Good eye tho man!

• I'll be honest, I don't see any of those being implemented. Perhaps I'm in the majority, but I don't see things like "foam trailer" or "ALS trailer" having a wide enough usage to be implemented, and have never heard of a cascade unit at all. I've also never heard of a mobile command trailer being used, however perhaps that is a USA-based unit? (as is, I suspect, the cascade unit)...

The platform rescue to me sounds a little odd - why would a height appliance need to carry rescue equipment for say, a road traffic accident? again, I'm sure thats something seen more in the US than in the UK.

HOWEVER - I absolutely love that you're taking the time to come up with new suggestions for the game, which you've clearly taken some time to think through - and these are only my opinions - I'm not a mod, and I'm certainly not the Dev! Nor do I speak for anyone but myself.

• You drive me absolutely nuts when you do that but I like surprises and the anticipation upon waiting :D Lol

Looking forward to it!

• Also I will add. The MCV in the game already is a combo unit. If a call required a battalion chief you can send an MCV or if a call requires 2 Battalion chiefs and 1 MCV you only have to send 1 Battalion chief and 1 MCV.

As for the combo units. You know the situation with these. Whilst I see the uses I think we would be better off trying to get things like Engine Tanker etc.

• Also I will add. The MCV in the game already is a combo unit. If a call required a battalion chief you can send an MCV or if a call requires 2 Battalion chiefs and 1 MCV you only have to send 1 Battalion chief and 1 MCV.
    As for the combo units. You know the situation with these. Whilst I see the uses I think we would be better off trying to get things like Engine Tanker etc.

Engine Tanker, Yes! Something to look into getting.

I have a feeling this is one of those areas which has been covered to such an extent it has already been planned in. I do want to see trailers, but in a capacity that allows them to be renamed and labelled to allow for the pods and articulated lorries to be workable.

Perhaps a trailer that we can choose it's use for and label like you said? Not one of my best ideas but a bad idea is not one brought up.

Other than that I agree where we can label them how we want.

• Some good ideas you have come up with :thumbup:

I certainly want to see trailers brought into the game, but the question is - what vehicles can tow them? I think more than just the utility unit should be able to, as sometimes the vehicle towing it would be able to do things other than rescue.

As for the specific units...

I'm in full support of a hazmat trailer - that is a must. Cascade trailer - a what? :D I could also see foam and command trailers being used!

A suggestion of mine is a mobile air trailer. Sometimes stations simply have a trailer of them, instead of a dedicated truck.

• As of right now the Utility and Heavy Rescue can only tow trailers. Hoping the Command Unit and Type 2 Engine would eventually be considered for this.

A Cascade is basically the same as Mobile Air lol. Just named differently. This is the term we use in our county. :D

• I've seen Cascade Air Trailers before(Mobile Air Units). I think it is mainly a US thing.

Also, I seen someone asking about a Ladder/Rescue. Some of the departments in the US have their ladder companies carry rescue equipment as as dual purpose unit. Because they tend to be longer and able to accommodate with the extra storage space.(From the department I've seen with Dual Ladder/Rescue Equipment)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!