Value of certain units?

• There are a few units here and there that appear to have no real value or use in the game. This is NOT a complaint, rather a request for information.

1. Police Motor Unit or Motorcycle? It does not seem to count as a patrol unit because it only has "1" person (obviously), but a patrol unit will count with only "1" person on it (I have tried it). Also it can't transport (obviously). They require special training to us, yet they never show up as a "required" unit. So what is the value?
    2. Wildland Dozers and Firefighting Planes or Helicopters. They require special training to use them. They have a significant cost. But, yet they never show up on a mission as "required". What is their value?
    3. Game Wardens. Other than "children's excursions" they seem to have no real value but again they require special training to have. Any other mission that the one listed, they have to have a police unit dispatched to sent to transport prisoners. (Most fish and game agencies can and do transport prisoners). So what is the value of the Game Warden Extension?

Thanks in advance for the information.

• There are a few units here and there that appear to have no real value or use in the game. This is NOT a complaint, rather a request for information.

1. Police Motor Unit or Motorcycle? It does not seem to count as a patrol unit because it only has "1" person (obviously), but a patrol unit will count with only "1" person on it (I have tried it). Also it can't transport (obviously). They require special training to us, yet they never show up as a "required" unit. So what is the value?
    2. Wildland Dozers and Firefighting Planes or Helicopters. They require special training to use them. They have a significant cost. But, yet they never show up on a mission as "required". What is their value?
    3. Game Wardens. Other than "children's excursions" they seem to have no real value but again they require special training to have. Any other mission that the one listed, they have to have a police unit dispatched to sent to transport prisoners. (Most fish and game agencies can and do transport prisoners). So what is the value of the Game Warden Extension?

1: It counts as a Patrol Car but it's mostly for realism like the flycar.
    2: The Wildland Dozer speeds up mission completion time. The firefighting planes are required on the major forest fire as well as being faster than a ground unit to alliance missions
    3. The Game Warden does have a few missions its required to but I feel like they should add more, as well as the game warden being quite cheap so it's a nice thing to have, I agree they should transport but that's a different debate.

• 1: It counts as a Patrol Car but it's mostly for realism like the flycar.
    2: The Wildland Dozer speeds up mission completion time. The firefighting planes are required on the major forest fire as well as being faster than a ground unit to alliance missions
    3. The Game Warden does have a few missions its required to but I feel like they should add more, as well as the game warden being quite cheap so it's a nice thing to have, I agree they should transport but that's a different debate.

Thanks Goochy. relating to #1 I agree with the realism but I have had cases where I sent it as a partol car to fill out the mission, and once all units are there the mission still requires me to send another patrol car (Thanks for the explanation) Relating to #2 I have had large and major wildfires and NONE of them every require a plane/helicopter (Again...thanks for the info) Relating to #3 I can just say I agree on both responses (Thanks again)

Im getting to the point where i think if you think you can do a better job why don't you purchase a server and a domain, write the code for a game with the level of realism you want ( and make it work) and then employ a whole team of support staff to answer people the minute they send a support ticket because no matter what you know better than all the content advisors and experienced players and have unrealistic expectations. A lot of these posts are completely uncalled for and just posting for the sake of posting.

• Thanks Goochy. relating to #1 I agree with the realism but I have had cases where I sent it as a partol car to fill out the mission, and once all units are there the mission still requires me to send another patrol car (Thanks for the explanation) Relating to #2 I have had large and major wildfires and NONE of them every require a plane/helicopter (Again...thanks for the info) Relating to #3 I can just say I agree on both responses (Thanks again)

its the major forrest fire that requires it not wildfire :)

Link to the mission POLICE.MISSIONCHIEF.COM - Create your own 911-Dispatch-Center and manage your city!
    Link to the mission (Fire Investigation Vairent) POLICE.MISSIONCHIEF.COM - Create your own 911-Dispatch-Center and manage your city!

• Police Motor Unit or Motorcycle? It does not seem to count as a patrol unit because it only has "1" person (obviously), but a patrol unit will count with only "1" person on it (I have tried it). Also it can't transport (obviously). They require special training to us, yet they never show up as a "required" unit. So what is the value?

The Motor Unit acts as a patrol car on scene, I know those in my alliance use them for planned missions (where transport is not required) or on missions where there are no prisoners. If it is not counting, please provide a screenshot of the mission and I will escalate it for the development team to review.

Wildland Dozers and Firefighting Planes or Helicopters. They require special training to use them. They have a significant cost. But, yet they never show up on a mission as "required". What is their value?

The Wildland Dozers act as a mission speed optimiser, speeding up mission times. There is only one mission that I'm aware of which require the aviation firefighting and that is the Major Forest Fire (not the Major Wildfire call, to make differentiation)

Note of these Major Forest Fire missions require "1 firefighting plane station"

Here is the mission details for one of those missions:

Game Wardens. Other than "children's excursions" they seem to have no real value but again they require special training to have. Any other mission that the one listed, they have to have a police unit dispatched to sent to transport prisoners. (Most fish and game agencies can and do transport prisoners). So what is the value of the Game Warden Extension?

There are a few missions related to Game Wardens in the game, my trick to looking for them is to do a "Warden" search when looking in the possible missions tab. Here are the missions that I've found:

Illegal hunting [551]

Illegal fishing [552]

Animal smuggling [553]

Plant smuggling [554]

Short Children excursion [555]

Long Children excursion [556]

Wilderness First Aid [557]

Off-Road Vehicle Collision [671]

Post-Fire Environmental Damage Assessment [727]

Cheers,

• Sorry to bother you but how do you do that Warden Search Trick?

• Sorry to bother you but how do you do that Warden Search Trick?

Use the Browser's Search feature, not the games.

So in Chrome, when the Possible Mission page is up, use Ctrl+F and type in Warden.

• Im getting to the point where i think if you think you can do a better job why don't you purchase a server and a domain, write the code for a game with the level of realism you want ( and make it work) and then employ a whole team of support staff to answer people the minute they send a support ticket because no matter what you know better than all the content advisors and experienced players and have unrealistic expectations. A lot of these posts are completely uncalled for and just posting for the sake of posting.

If chief Boden didn't comment and write posts, this forum would pretty much be dead, I think sometimes Mods lose site of customer service and the role of mentoring and education not just grizzling and removing posts.

• Yes well Chief Boden has lost sight of the fact that a lot of us have put a lot of blood, sweat and tears ( sometimes even literally) into making the game what it is, so his constant nitpicking is a real kick in the proverbial guts to some of us. We're not just mods, a lot of us also write the content that goes into the missions and we're not appointed for our looks or our ability to be "nice" but the real life emergency service AND game experience we possess.

So you can imagine how it feels when a new kid on the block comes along and starts picking. It becomes a sore and that is very hard to heal. Then add to that the constant accusations that his 'issues' go unaddressed because he doesn't get an answer straight away, but cant provide proof that they're even occurring and there's literally no other reports from other players to use as collaboration, we put it forward anyway knowing full well it wont be prioritised, and we cop the backlash anyway. We're damned if we do and damned if we dont.

I dont think people realise what goes on the behind the scenes. Its not just a title, there's a lot of work and in depth discussions involved and there are definitely no perks, nor do we tolerate title seekers who don't pull their weight. We're literally the piggies in the middle of a tug of war between the players and the developers. We are also a very tight knit team who's skills compliment each other, we will always have each others backs and if you think what i wrote is harsh you have no idea how many times i have chosen not to say anything at all or taken a lot of time to "edit" ( the post above was literally 12 or so hours). But everyone has their limit and my sore is oozing significantly so i literally invited them to do it better - put their money where their mouth is so to speak, nothing more nothing less.

As a side note there are platforms that literally get no attention from the developers for a number of reasons, no matter how hard we try to help them so you guys have a lot to be thankful for so please try to remember that before nitpicking first world issues that we can do nothing about.

Just remember the written word is devoid of emotion and so is very open to interpretation.

• Im getting to the point where i think if you think you can do a better job why don't you purchase a server and a domain, write the code for a game with the level of realism you want ( and make it work) and then employ a whole team of support staff to answer people the minute they send a support ticket because no matter what you know better than all the content advisors and experienced players and have unrealistic expectations. A lot of these posts are completely uncalled for and just posting for the sake of posting.

Probably sticking my neck out on the line here, but this was clearly a question.

I'd agree there's times where they have done and said certain things that could be very well upsetting/annoying/frustrating to the team.

However, in this case you've just chastised them for what? Asking what units do? Isn't this the point of the forum? Ask questions, help, and yes, even complain.

If you don't like ChiefBoden, or cant handle them, maybe just leave it to another moderator. EMSchief handled this thread perfectly, as always. Don't see the point whatsoever of being rude to them.

• This Topic will be locked before things get out of hand. This issue will be discussed among the Moderation Team & Admin.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconveniences.

Thank You

• Closed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!