• Rehab and RIT both assist fire/EMS operations. this would make the game more "advanced" and a little more technical if you wanted to use the equipment and training.

Rehab

Rehab units assist Fire & EMS on long term operations. Rehab is designated to providing food, drinks, and other basic life need like a restroom. These can be dedicated units that look like food trucks commonly called Rehab or Canteen units. a lot of areas also have units to assist in rehab with equipment, these are commonly Rescues, utilities, chiefs, platform, and larger ambulances.

RIT

RIT (Rapid Intervention Team) job is to go after firefighters in danger. RIT training should be required in groups of 4 depending on the call size, smaller structure fires (Commercial, Warehouse, drug lab) should require 4, medium (high-rise, hotel, hospital) should require 8, Large (CBNR, Chemical plant) should require 12. If you don't have RIT trained personnel you shouldn't be able to get these mission variants but theses variants will pay more

• This has been brought up before and it was implied that they would not be added and if you wanted them, to purchase one of the vehicles and call it rehab and send it to your calls and/or purchase and name engines/squads or ladders or personnel carriers as RIT/RIG

• Not only do I play in LA but I play in Allegheny County, home to Pittsburgh Bureau of Fire, the founders of the "Go-Team." That is what they call their RIT. Most RIT companies in the county have a support vehicle they take for rit and I have made that vehicle into a mobile air, due to the lack of air trucks in the county. Example 232UT1, 161SQ1, 110SQ2 are all pickup trucks taken for RIT assignments but have been made air trucks.

On the REHAB side, there is a lack of mobile commands aswell, only 2 in the county. The salvation army does our firefigher rehab in the area so those vehicles have been made mobile command trucks. 470SS1, 112RH1, 200RH1 are all command trucks.

• RIT

RIT (Rapid Intervention Team) job is to go after firefighters in danger. RIT training should be required in groups of 4 depending on the call size, smaller structure fires (Commercial, Warehouse, drug lab) should require 4, medium (high-rise, hotel, hospital) should require 8, Large (CBNR, Chemical plant) should require 12. If you don't have RIT trained personnel you shouldn't be able to get these mission variants but theses variants will pay more

In the FDNY, they designate a "FAST" truck at incidents. This stands for Firefighter Assist and Search Team and it is the equivalent of RIT. Any unit can be assigned as the FAST, though it is usually a ladder (truck) company. Because of this, there is no additional training for FAST members, all firefighters can undertake the task as it is an element of training.

The problem with the RIT idea is that technically all firefighters fit into RIT as is. While you can go take specialized classes that focus on RIT operations, there is no RIT certification.

Exactly.

Boxgamer103 The rehab is a solid idea, I just don't think it will be implemented. As for the RIT, I personally don't feel its needed. Like ohers have said, you can just rename a unit for now if you want the unit.

• Having played the game when there were darn near no special units, I would commonly purchase Type 2 Engines and call them Rehab Units because every engine added reduces the time on scene. Sometimes I'd call a Mobile Air Unit Rehab.

I've done similar with Engine-Ambulances. They're just ambulances in my realistic builds, but with firefighters, counting as an additional engine.

As for RIT, it's not necessary in the game. There isn't a firefighter down or rescue scenario or mission. I hope there never is. As said above you could call a Rescue-Engine, or whatever you want a RIT Unit and use the Custom Typing to call it that.

• Why not? Just curious

As an Advocate for the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) - [http://www.firehero.org] I do not feel that we should make a game out of killing or injuring firefighters. On the average, 100+ Firefighters die each year from LODD incidents and cancer. I have been to way too many Firefighter LODD funerals and have personal friends on that wall at the National Fire Academy. To have a mission in a game that gives you points for having an injured firefighter or worse is not something that should be happening. :(

• As an Advocate for the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) - [http://www.firehero.org] I do not feel that we should make a game out of killing or injuring firefighters. On the average, 100+ Firefighters die each year from LODD incidents and cancer. I have been to way too many Firefighter LODD funerals and have personal friends on that wall at the National Fire Academy. To have a mission in a game that gives you points for having an injured firefighter or worse is not something that should be happening. :(

Yet we have officer down missions....

• As an Advocate for the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) - [http://www.firehero.org] I do not feel that we should make a game out of killing or injuring firefighters. On the average, 100+ Firefighters die each year from LODD incidents and cancer. I have been to way too many Firefighter LODD funerals and have personal friends on that wall at the National Fire Academy. To have a mission in a game that gives you points for having an injured firefighter or worse is not something that should be happening. :(

Fair enough, but it is just a game. Almost every event in the game deals with injury or loss of property. Not trying to change your mind though. One could view it as saving a firefighter

• Fair enough, but it is just a game. Almost every event in the game deals with injury or loss of property. Not trying to change your mind though. One could view it as saving a firefighter

Everyone has their own opinions as we are certainly entitled to and I respect yours. I understand it is a game but I would respectfully argue that simulating the injury of a firefighter/Police Officer....or worse....should be no part of any game.

• Purchase a Squad or another Engine that carry 6 people, Call it a RIT or RIG unit and add it to your responses.

I have done this with Batt Chiefs as in my country we do not have them, we have Area Managers / Area Commanders they only respond to greater alarms I have labelled Batt Chiefs as operational support trucks/Vans, The Kitchen and Showers trucks are set up also using Batt Chiefs but on a separate ARR to respond to only large Incidents

• Great example of how not only departments, but countries respond differently. I If was to do it here, I would pick and engine or a squad with 6 folks and call it a RIT (Rapid Intervention Team) or RIG (Rapid Intervention Group). If you are using Blue Card ICS it would be "On Deck". In real life, the department I work for dispatches a RIT Task Force (BC, Engine, Squad, Truck, ALS) on working fires.. Everyone is different.. Thanks for sharing yours.

• I don’t know of many (if any) depts that have a RIT truck. RIT is usually an assignment given to a company. I am doing the FDNY in my game. The 3rd due Ladder company is assigned RIT (FAST in FDNY terms). It can be any ladder and is not a dedicated rig

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!