Platform Truck + Rescue

• Hello there,

I have a suggestion.

Im a currently trying to build NYC realistically. An issue I see is that there are not that many rescues for the number of stations in that city.

On further research I found that the Ladders carry hydraulic tools (please correct my if I am wrong, but even if not I would think this still could be realistic).

So my suggestion would be a combination of a platform truck and a rescue.

As we already have a Quint and a Rescue engine in addition to countless dual purpose units I think this would be a realistic addition to the game.

Feedback is of course welcomed!

• This has been routinely suggested over the course of probably upwards of 4/5 years now. It has been turned down or disregarded on each occasion, however I would also like to see this and if the devs decide to do it, then great!

Sorry for resuggesting it. Couldn't find a suggestion about it with the search tool.

But honestly it seems like a small addition. When you got a call that needs an engine, a ladder and a rescue

You can send a Heavy Rescue + Quint or Rescue Engine + Platform. This would give you a third option of Rescue Ladder + Engine.

So no unfair advantage would be given in my opinion unless they make it a Rescue Quint which would be bad for balancing in my opinion.

• This has been routinely suggested over the course of probably upwards of 4/5 years now. It has been turned down or disregarded on each occasion, however I would also like to see this and if the devs decide to do it, then great!

Not so much turned down or disregarded. Just not implemented yet. This is an unit we'd like to see but in due time.

• I guess the fact remains that across the many jurisdictions being copied or duplicated throughout this game, there are just as many combinations of apparatus and how they are used or combined for use to meet the needs of that specific jurisdiction and the developers will never be able to recreate all of them. Another example is Tankers.... We have air Tankers and then there are also Tankers available for use and also pumper tankers. If you go with NIMS compliance and what they do in CA (I think) , if you call for a Tanker you are getting something with wings and if it has wheels, it is called a Tender. The County my city operates out of is now using the term Tender. Bottom line is that we take what is available and we adapt modify and overcome

• I guess the fact remains that across the many jurisdictions being copied or duplicated throughout this game, there are just as many combinations of apparatus and how they are used or combined for use to meet the needs of that specific jurisdiction and the developers will never be able to recreate all of them. Another example is Tankers.... We have air Tankers and then there are also Tankers available for use and also pumper tankers. If you go with NIMS compliance and what they do in CA (I think) , if you call for a Tanker you are getting something with wings and if it has wheels, it is called a Tender. The County my city operates out of is now using the term Tender. Bottom line is that we take what is available and we adapt modify and overcome

If I am not wrong I think I saw a post on the German Versions Forum which suggests a vehicle Editor where the price of set vehicle increases the more functions it has (with some obvious limitations of course). That discussion has been going on for years and nothing has happend yet.

that is true I currently run a 2 peice Rescue and Air truck for a neighboring department one of their rescues and I would like this to be one truck

• If I am not wrong I think I saw a post on the German Versions Forum which suggests a vehicle Editor where the price of set vehicle increases the more functions it has (with some obvious limitations of course). That discussion has been going on for years and nothing has happend yet.

I can tell you right now we most likely won't see this for a long time. And honestly there's a possibility it may not happen in the US Version. This Option would cut out any type of release for Combination Units which would take out a few Content Updates. This has been brought up before and yes it would cost more Credits for each type of Advanced Combinations but it also wouldn't be fair to Alliances trying to play realistically. I don't think the idea of a "Super Pumper Tanker Ladder S.W.A.T. Boat Crash Tender Mass Casualty Airplane" would fit well into the Game if I'm being honest.

If the German Version has talked about it for years and nothing has happened yet then we may never see it at all.

• that is true I currently run a 2 peice Rescue and Air truck for a neighboring department one of their rescues and I would like this to be one truck

The issue I see with this is that there will be too many dual purpose rigs in the game, we already have rescue engines, quints, EMS transporting fire engines, command vehicles, Ems hazmat, TEMS, and a bunch of other stuff, I think it might make it too complicated/complex to add so many different multi purpose rigs like that

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!