Rescue pumps

• I'm just trying to understand the practicality of this unit in the game. For road accidents, a single engine is able to handle the call. For the building collapses, heavy rescues make sense. Is it more of wanting a cheaper option to buying a heavy rescue which isn't that pricey to begin with? A dangerous goods accident would be more of a hazmat team need than the need of having a rescue engine on scene due to the fact of the unknown/known materials of the cargo.

I wouldn't say a cheaper option, i would just like to make it clear that when I made the original post I did not intend for it to be put in the game straight away, there has been a lot of talk of USAR lately in multiple topics and the way I see this unit is the middle man between a type 1 and a heavy Rescue. For example if we were to say that USAR was going to be something that was implemented a heavy Rescue would then require its crew to be USAR trained, this vehicle can then respond to the more major incidents such as building collapse etc as there would be a USAR requirement. The Rescue Pump would not require training for its crew as it would not count as a USAR unit, it could attend incidents such as a bin fire all the way up to jobs such as the Dangerous Goods Truck Accident where it will work alongside all the other required units. The Rescue Pump however due to the equipment on it could not attend building collapses that might require shoring teams as it would not be able to carry the equipment.

• These rescue engines carry usually a small HAZMAT complement as well. They're designed to be extremely versatile for real-life to cut back on specialized units. In game, for a road accident a rescue engine would get the job done faster than a basic engine. For a dangerous goods truck accident, the rescue engine, like the quint, would fulfill the purposes of one heavy rescue unit as well as an engine. A HAZMAT would still be required, but the rescue engine can at least begin to assess and contain the situation (similar to how a fly car or engine takes 20-90% of a medical, the rescue engine would take an increment of a hazmat call). However, I would agree that for a building collapse we should be required to send at least one dedicated heavy rescue unit. I think this may also tie in with our previous discussion on another post about coupling water tankers with engines. Maybe the same could apply to couple a heavy rescue with a rescue engine on certain calls?

• It is quite a shame that people do bash other people's ideas, I'm not one to say I haven't done it before. But it's very rude. I'm not saying names nor do I want this to be a conflict. I love the idea mainly because I'm from the UK. But I do believe that the US players need to relax on the outsiders (people not from the US) a little bit if they request something. It's a really big shame that we live in a world like this. Personally this suggestion is great. And to those who bashed it, Thanks for support TACRfans post by commenting and getting recognised. Lmao

• As I have said earlier, in my opinion, this is a brilliant idea. We don't use the German version due to the langauage barrier and the amount of units that are unheard of. Some do, some don't. In my area and other places in the UK there is rescue pumps. If your area don't use them doesn't mean you have to conflict others opinions. If it does come out, you don't need to get the unit.

• Clearly this subject has created a lot of opinions!

The thing is interpretation of 'rescue' and situations it would be used. Is 'Heavy Rescue' definition for all rescue? I would say no, hence the addition of the word heavy in there. So you then have an area where you may have an incident that would require some kind of rescue element but not as far as a 'Heavy Rescue' requirement. Things like road traffic collisions etc. The issue? The game does not have a means of having different stages of rescue. It's either Heavy or no rescue.

Yes, many places over the UK have rescue capabilities (I mention UK as it's what OP has suggested based on their locality). My UK based service has about 80% of pumps having some kind of 'rescue' capability. That doesn't mean it's 'Heavy Rescue' equipped which I think is what is causing confusion or concern for some of you. You would not want a rescue pump dealing with an incident on the impression it has full rescue capability.

My suggestion I would say is having a light rescue (or just 'rescue') capability and requirement on missions in addition to heavy rescue. This would perhaps create a difference between a Utility Truck and a Heavy Rescue vehicle. You can then have a vehicle with pumping and light rescue capability as originally suggested. This then leaves the requirement of 'heavy rescue' to some missions and NOT be facilitated by an adapted pump, but instead the already existent heavy rescue unit.

I can only see the above being a compromise without it making heavy rescue redundant, which I know was challenged above but if you do start rolling regular pumps as 'heavy' rescue as well then I can't see why you would want to purchase a heavy rescue vehicle.

The idea has been on the list for a while as per previous suggestions on the forum and this was how I was going to propose for it to happen with the others on the team. Having see everyone debate about it, I'll share it here. Everyone's thoughts?

• I agree with what you are saying, the only reason i said about it being a cross between a type 1 and a Heavy Rescue is that there is no light rescue, as i said in a post above it does not seem to make sense sending Heavy Rescues to Dangerous Goods Truck Accidents but it does make sense sending them too building collapses so this might be the solution, add a new requirement which is light rescue which is a combination of a rescue and a Type 1, These would be able to attend any job as a Type 1 and then jobs such as dangerous goods truck accidents as a light rescue but could not attend a call such as a building collapse as a heavy rescue.

• I actually like the idea for the utility unit in game to turn into the rescue pumper that the OP desired. If it acts as more of a light rescue, then the heavy rescue wouldn't be obsolete. As for the dangerous good accident, a heavy rescue would make sense but I think it is just a preference on what everyone thinks is reasonable for each call. It will vary from person to person because individuals will tend to use a department they are familiar with. A bias if you will.

• We have rescue engines or rescue pumpers. The don't take over from what a heavy rescue or squad can do but it helps since some of their on board equipment handles just the same. They have the jaws, extrication tools, ropes, etc. Rescue pumpers/engines can be used both for vehicle entrapment, building collapses, trench rescues, cliff rescues etc but also respond to medicals. Its basically a regular pumper with additional specialized equipment.

• I'm sorry but I just have to speak my mind here. This adds nothing to the game and doesn't even work with what the game is trying to be. Rescues are underused yes but is your heavy rescue going to be first in on a house fire, pull a line, and start fire attack? Like come on. Think logical here. Heavy rescues are used for technical rescue situations where specific equipment is needed. (I.E. Shoring, cribbing, extrication, dive, and hazardous materials some times) If you really want a rescue pumper just simply rename your rescue or your engine.

it does add stuff to the game. norfolk (where TACR fan is based) is very rural, therefore they dont need as many (or any) heavy rescue units. this is a great idea

• You do realize that by creating a rescue pumper that gets rid of the need for both units? But yet you want to just keep creating more. As well I understand departments actually use those units, but by saying oh I want this unit because my small department has it is basically saying that the game is to be tailored to you. If this is seriously what you guys want as the top priority for this game then go play the german version. They have five different types of engines and I'm damn well sure that one of them is a rescue pumper. Right now we don't have much for our version simply because we flood the dev with these stupid ideas that are nonsense right now. Plain and simple.

Exactly. It eliminates the need for both units. Like the quint. And for those players who don't want to do it they don't have to. Like you. And you're going off the deep end many many departments all over the world have this! Here in the US they are rescue engines. We see them all over. It's a great idea and very realistic. In fact more so than the quint I think. This is a wonderful idea I don't know why I didnt think of it. And by the way giving all the new (not stupid ideas) is what this forum is for! And they choose the best ideas to implement. It's not because we flood them with all the ideas it's because the development team everyone thinks exists ... only consists of one person, and that is Sebastian. So quit yapping - if you don't like the idea then fine. Just say so. Last time I checked you didn't run development so don't speak for them. They (he) are(is) perfectly capable of choosing what updates to carry out. Maybe not quickly but I'm sure he's not stupid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!