Wildland Extension - Major Issues

• I think once they get it straightened out it will be fine. Today despite me having the extensions and the units and the training in place, the units needed for the missions don't even show as available. YES...I do have them active

• The reason for all of these extensions set in place are so that players will not be forced to use these units if they don't want to.

Also so that there is on and off switch for them per say.

This update was just released this morning so I am sure there will be kinks worked out to make sure everything runs properly.

We are trying to prevent some issues that were caused in the coastal rescue update.

Thanks

JB

• Discussions related to LSSM changes have been moved to the following thread:

LSS-Manager V.4

Just to separate LSSM related issues and MC-gameplay related issues on their own thread.

• Not an issue per say, but I just need a clarification. I built some forestry specific stations and scattered them about the state as well as adding the equipment. Then I added lead planes and smoke jumper planes to my firefighting plane stations and personnel to all those locations and trained them. My question regarding smoke jumpers and hot shots. If I have the folks in the plane stations trained as both smoke jumpers and hot shots can I send the plane when hotshots are needed or do hotshots have to go in crew carriers?

• Not an issue per say, but I just need a clarification. I built some forestry specific stations and scattered them about the state as well as adding the equipment. Then I added lead planes and smoke jumper planes to my firefighting plane stations and personnel to all those locations and trained them. My question regarding smoke jumpers and hot shots. If I have the folks in the plane stations trained as both smoke jumpers and hot shots can I send the plane when hotshots are needed or do hotshots have to go in crew carriers?

I can look into this and hopefully give you an answer by Tomorrow but to my knowledge Hotshot Crews will only work in regular ground Firefighting Units. Engines, Ladders, Rescues, Commands, Wildland Units, Crew Carriers Etc.

• I can look into this and hopefully give you an answer by Tomorrow but to my knowledge Hotshot Crews will only work in regular ground Firefighting Units. Engines, Ladders, Rescues, Commands, Wildland Units, Crew Carriers Etc.

I think it might work on any vehicle as the code doesn't specify what vehicle is needed whereas smoke jumpers requires the smoke jumper plane could be wrong though.

• I can look into this and hopefully give you an answer by Tomorrow but to my knowledge Hotshot Crews will only work in regular ground Firefighting Units. Engines, Ladders, Rescues, Commands, Wildland Units, Crew Carriers Etc.

in RL Hot Shots are more of the elite group of the smoke jumpers and are inserted into remote areas for extended amounts of time via aircraft, Jumpers normally working average of 48 hours then take a break for 1-3 days depending on their policies. they all are part of the USFS, NPS, BIA and BLM.

• in RL Hot Shots are more of the elite group of the smoke jumpers and are inserted into remote areas for extended amounts of time via aircraft, Jumpers normally working average of 48 hours then take a break for 1-3 days depending on their policies. they all are part of the USFS, NPS, BIA and BLM.

This is good to know. So Hotshots also go in Aircraft as well?

• Another question... Trying to get my planes and stuff all organized. Do you have to have one "lead plane" for each smoke jumper plane? Or is one per facility enough? And.....why is it that if you have a firefighting plane station with all extensions that has a lead plane and you have another station where you have an purchased an extra smoke jumper plane, you cant transfer it even if there are spaces available? In fact, It will only let me move the PLANE to a Fire Station, not a Fire Fighting Plane Station.

This is certainly not an issue, so if it needs to be moved to another thread, by all means do so.

• Not sure that this is an issue or it is intended to be this way. So....I am NOT complaining, just bringing this forward for information. I ran the game on Turbo yesterday and let it max out with missions generated.

This maxed out the missions @ 380 in just over 2.25 hrs. I then paused the missions and cleaned out everything except missions requiring Hot Shots or Smoke Jumpers. There were 86 of those missions left after everything else was cleared. That is 22.6% of the mission were of the new wildland extensions and are so overwhelming that even with multiple new stations and equipment for that feature I did not have the resources.. What this intended or is this just the norm. It seems as if when a new extension or feature is added the generation of missions for that feature is overwhelming (just as the flooding issues were non stop at first).

Just curious?

• Another question... Trying to get my planes and stuff all organized. Do you have to have one "lead plane" for each smoke jumper plane? Or is one per facility enough? And.....why is it that if you have a firefighting plane station with all extensions that has a lead plane and you have another station where you have an purchased an extra smoke jumper plane, you cant transfer it even if there are spaces available? In fact, It will only let me move the PLANE to a Fire Station, not a Fire Fighting Plane Station.

This is certainly not an issue, so if it needs to be moved to another thread, by all means do so.

The transfer issue is certainly a problem. When the tanker planes came out, I trained a bunch of crew at a non-airfield and couldn't transfer them out. Something I think the Devs need to look at. This should probably be in the error/bug section.

• I've seen the claim that hotshots are dispatched exclusively by air, and I can say without a doubt that Interagency Hotshot Crews are often dispatched via vehicle.

Luckily, you don't have to take my word for it. The US Forest Service Provides all the info you need about IHCC apparatus:
    https://www.fs.usda.gov/managing-land/fire/ihc-vehicles

Or some of these vehicles from other Hotshot Crews around the USA
    - https://www.bmefire.com/deliveries/blm-zuni/

- https://www.pinterest.com/pin/…ier--1050957263013501558/

As of 2016, the Standards for Interagency Hotshot Crew Operations (SIHCO) as outlined by the National Interagency Fire Center SUGGESTS fixed wing aircraft and helicopter training, but it is not required - https://www.nifc.gov/nicc/logistics/crews/SIHCO.pdf - so some groups may deploy via aircraft, but that is not the most common at all.

Finally, The National Interagency Fire Center DOES have a special Helicopter based attack crew called a Helitak crew. I'm assuming that is what has been confused with an IHC above? https://www.nifc.gov/resources/firefighters/crews and https://www.nifc.gov/about-us/…rs/blm/blm-helitack-crews

(Edit 1 - Replaced Link that was incorrect)

(Edit 2 - Grammatical Change)

• I have actually paid and bought the extension, trained the staff and now have a wildfire command unit and after 2 weeks, it never had a callout, a waste of real money. Annoyed

weird.....because I would say that 3 out of 5 of the wildfire missions I have received have required the command unit. Most of the time two of them. I would like to see it so that if you have a regular command unit and train it to the Wildland Command level that it would count as a wildland command as well, as long as you had the command extension for that station.

• weird.....because I would say that 3 out of 5 of the wildfire missions I have received have required the command unit. Most of the time two of them. I would like to see it so that if you have a regular command unit and train it to the Wildland Command level that it would count as a wildland command as well AS LONG AS YOU HAD THE COMMAND EXTENSION FOR THAT STATION

Not sure why you felt the needs to shout at the end however with your point it would be possible. Simarly to how the HazMat Staff works the game doesn't care how you get them there along as its there OR they can specify certain units like SWAT staff having to be in SWAT Vehicles. So possibly required X Wildland Command Staff? It is certainly possible to remove the elw3 (how wildland MCC is in mission code) requirement form missions. However it wouldn't be possible for the game to detect a command extension at that station with staff as far as I know.

• Not sure why you felt the needs to shout at the end however with your point it would be possible. Simarly to how the HazMat Staff works the game doesn't care how you get them there along as its there OR they can specify certain units like SWAT staff having to be in SWAT Vehicles. So possibly required X Wildland Command Staff? It is certainly possible to remove the elw3 (how wildland MCC is in mission code) requirement form missions. However it wouldn't be possible for the game to detect a command extension at that station with staff as far as I know.

Gotcha....understood. Was not shouting.....just used that as an way to put emphasis on a suggested requirement.. Sorry.

• weird.....because I would say that 3 out of 5 of the wildfire missions I have received have required the command unit. Most of the time two of them. I would like to see it so that if you have a regular command unit and train it to the Wildland Command level that it would count as a wildland command as well AS LONG AS YOU HAD THE COMMAND EXTENSION FOR THAT STATION

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!