New / Suggested Unit Idea

• Hi All,

I’m intrigued to see what you guys think for new / updates etc. units for possible future updates. Hopefully moderators may see and pass on to devs if they are popular / interesting enough.

If possible try set out and include details e.g

Unit Name - Coroner, Lifeguard …. Etc.

Department - Police, Rescue / EMS, Fire, Federal

Personnel - 2 to 3

Prisoners / Patients Transported - if applicable

Role - ……

Cost - $35,000 credits

Stand-alone Station or Expansion ???

And any other details you think suit :)

• Really don't see need for coroner? Would that not require the game to be changed to have patients who died and had to be transported other than by ambulance?

Lifeguard could be something that is added to the water water rescue expansion

Allow Game Wardens to transport

Allow FBI, DEA, ATF units to transport

The medical helicopters only have 1 person on them. Most have 3 (require flight medic training)

Have smoke jumpers and a smoke jumper plane for wildland

• Ive recently had this idea since I am playing in a rural area, and most stations don't have every engine possible;

As a substitute for the Mobile Air Unit:

Mobile Air Trailer
    Towable by Utility Unit and Engine Types 5, 6, and 7
    Functions as a Mobile Air Unit
    Price: ~8,000 Cr

And:

As a substitute for a Heavy Rescue Vehicle
    Rescue Trailer
    Towable by Engine Type 5, 6, and 7
    Intended for rural use
    Functions as Heavy Rescue Vehicle
    Price: ~10,000 Cr

• Didn’t mean Lifeguard or Coroner was simply displaying a possible layout of how to display your desired unit idea was only hypothetical examples 🙂

• I think these are good ideas and woukdnt be too hard to implement especially like you said for rural and even possibly for smaller FD.

• FYI

the DEVs had said before they do not want any units connected with death in the game

• FYI

the DEVs had said before they do not want any units connected with death in the game

The devs are annoying, makes since, however it’s a big part of the real life, not to mention I don’t believe the devs have ever had experience as emergency personnel evident by what’s in the game currently and the fact that most suggestions aren’t placed in game. Not to also mention most calls are in the worse and wrong areas on the map but that doesn’t matter that would be hard to fix.

• The devs are annoying, makes since, however it’s a big part of the real life, not to mention I don’t believe the devs have ever had experience as emergency personnel evident by what’s in the game currently and the fact that most suggestions aren’t placed in game. Not to also mention most calls are in the worse and wrong areas on the map but that doesn’t matter that would be hard to fix.

Keep in mind that the dev are in Germany and things are done completely different in Europe as appose to the US. The type of units are also different. Although they do have advisers from the US and sometimes I imagine stuff can get lost in translation.

• The devs are annoying, makes since, however it’s a big part of the real life, not to mention I don’t believe the devs have ever had experience as emergency personnel evident by what’s in the game currently and the fact that most suggestions aren’t placed in game. Not to also mention most calls are in the worse and wrong areas on the map but that doesn’t matter that would be hard to fix.

You do know the the game is completely randomised when selecting what jobs spawn in what areas? , the developers dont sit there and decide to annoy the hell out of you. Can you imagine how many people it would take to sit there and "make live" every mission for every player?

Yes the devs might not work in the emergency services however each version has a team of advisors who do work. Tbh I doubt anyone knows the ins and outs of emergency services across 24 countries. Also I like how death isn't in the game I could see it bringing up truma for others.

• I would like to suggest two new units that related to Health and Safety.

#1 Quartermaster/Decon Unit - This unit is now becoming a normal thing in florida and other states as we address the Cancer Issue. It is the size of a Heavy Rescue unit in most cases and carries spare Protective Clothing as well as areas for decontamination of SCBA, Facepieces and other personnel while on scene.

#2 Rehab unit - A large unit that is similar to the DECON unit except it is for rehabbing of personnel

• I would like to suggest two new units that related to Health and Safety.

#1 Quartermaster/Decon Unit - This unit is now becoming a normal thing in florida and other states as we address the Cancer Issue. It is the size of a Heavy Rescue unit in most cases and carries spare Protective Clothing as well as areas for decontamination of SCBA, Facepieces and other personnel while on scene.

#2 Rehab unit - A large unit that is similar to the DECON unit except it is for rehabbing of personnel

Personally I think that the DECON unit/quartermaster is less necessary since it’s not such a big thing up here in Maryland, and I can see the one DECON unit in the county being requested on multiple calls. I think a rehab would be great though.

• Personally I think that the DECON unit/quartermaster is less necessary since it’s not such a big thing up here in Maryland, and I can see the one DECON unit in the county being requested on multiple calls. I think a rehab would be great though.

May not be in your area but the DECON/Quartermaster Unit is becoming a big thing across the country. Departments in Florida as well as Texas have big programs for this and it is catching on. I have a friend who is a deputy chief and he is invited all over the country to speak on the program he has developed. All about the ongoing and growing concern about FF Cancer

• May not be in your area but the DECON/Quartermaster Unit is becoming a big thing across the country. Departments in Florida as well as Texas have big programs for this and it is catching on. I have a friend who is a deputy chief and he is invited all over the country to speak on the program he has developed. All about the ongoing and growing concern about FF Cancer

Every department is taking a different stance/approach. Some are going with multiple sets of turnouts at each house already and they are sent out for cleaning as needed while others are going through a mobile decon that responds to the station afterwards while others are doing work at the scene. For that reason I could see it being difficult to implement in game as it isn't a true emergency response and everyone is different. For most, decon units being deployed to scenes are pretty limited to just hazmat calls.

Rehab has been brought up several times, if added I would like to see it be a mission time modifier rather than a required unit as not every department has dedicated rehab units.

• just a friendly suggestion for a couple new units at least in the US Version at least

#1 Hostage negotiating Team

• Available either for normal full size police stations or FBI
    • Min/Max 4 personnel
    • Required on Hostage situations

#2 Add FBI Swat - FBI does have (in real life) their own SWAT Teams so this is nothing abnormal

• min/Max 6 personnel
    • meets criteria for any swat requirement

Thank you so much for the consideration

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!