Content Pack - Quality of Life

• Make police aviation course a day shorter. It's *really* awkward to run aviation courses on a weekly schedule.. 7days for the course + 24h additional hours for the time to join. That means you have to do the course every 8 days.. Being able to do it 7 days would be much better.

• Reduce the amount of credits needed to get promoted to the positions of staff Captain and Above and then retro promotions for those that meet the new lower numbers. I just feel that 50 million and 100 million and 3 million credits is a bit excessive.

• Could already be on the list, but Ill mention this in case it's not, as it's not mentioned on this post.

Change the ARV ARRs to make it easier. Currently we have:

Armed Response Vehicle

Armed Response Vehicle (ARV)

It should be:

Any Armed Response Vehicle

Armed Response Vehicle (ARV)

1. Ability to designate units as cross-staffed, automatically marking the other unit as unavailable once 1 is dispatched (or ability to assign personnel to two units simultaneously)
    2. Ability to designate units as always dispatched together (i.e. LAFD Light Forces) - currently this requires custom vehicle classes.
    3. Allow multiple unit availability times (to better reflect peak demand occurring 2x per day or those strictly available overnight)
    4. Have Battalion Chiefs w/ EMS Mobile Command education count as EMS Chiefs (this is far more realistic for most US departments that don't have a full-time EMS chief that responds to regular MCI calls)
    5. Allow fire apparatus to fully treat patient if at least 1 or 2 personnel have ALS training
    6. Expand max ARFF personnel to 4
    7. Ability to view POI counts that exist within a given station's range (thinking a tab on each station with just a count by POI type)
    8. Have option to have transport screen laid out strictly by distance with own & alliance hospitals combined
    9. Ability to view credit earnings summary by dispatch center
    10. Add run counts by unit to statistics (premium feature perhaps?)
    11. Renaming of "Sheriff" to "Patrol Supervisor" or something similar since we all know the implementation didn't go quite as planned (or introduction of a patrol supervisor unit and replacement where appropriate on mission requirements).
    1. Ability to designate units as cross-staffed, automatically marking the other unit as unavailable once 1 is dispatched (or ability to assign personnel to two units simultaneously)
    2. Ability to designate units as always dispatched together (i.e. LAFD Light Forces) - currently this requires custom vehicle classes.
    3. Allow multiple unit availability times (to better reflect peak demand occurring 2x per day or those strictly available overnight)
    4. Have Battalion Chiefs w/ EMS Mobile Command education count as EMS Chiefs (this is far more realistic for most US departments that don't have a full-time EMS chief that responds to regular MCI calls)
    5. Allow fire apparatus to fully treat patient if at least 1 or 2 personnel have ALS training
    6. Expand max ARFF personnel to 4
    7. Ability to view POI counts that exist within a given station's range (thinking a tab on each station with just a count by POI type)
    8. Have option to have transport screen laid out strictly by distance with own & alliance hospitals combined
    9. Ability to view credit earnings summary by dispatch center
    10. Add run counts by unit to statistics (premium feature perhaps?)
    11. Renaming of "Sheriff" to "Patrol Supervisor" or something similar since we all know the implementation didn't go quite as planned (or introduction of a patrol supervisor unit and replacement where appropriate on mission requirements).

I would like to see the Sheriff's office remain as is with the ability to build a Sheriff's Office that doubles as a jail with more cells that is not done by the alliance and is run by the sheriff. Across the US the Sheriff in a lot of jurisdictions runs or manages the jail so this would be perfect. A patrol supervisor for regular police stations would be great as well, but right now since you can name patrol cars, I just give them a title instead of a number. I have a significant amount of sheriff deputies so I don't want to lose them.

• I would like to see the Sheriff's office remain as is with the ability to build a Sheriff's Office that doubles as a jail with more cells that is not done by the alliance and is run by the sheriff. Across the US the Sheriff in a lot of jurisdictions runs or manages the jail so this would be perfect. A patrol supervisor for regular police stations would be great as well, but right now since you can name patrol cars, I just give them a title instead of a number. I have a significant amount of sheriff deputies so I don't want to lose them.

This is supposed to be for just suggesting ideas but i thought id respond to yours on the issue of Sheriffs. Unfortunately it has been repeatedly asked for sheriffs to count as police and then add in a police supervisor as the current sheriff was added by the devs as a supervisor type unit rather than a sheriff. This idea has been and will most likely keep being brought to their attention but it wouldn't be part of these updates as its an issue that needs sorting out in its own regard

• Another idea- maybe we could get radio chatter to create some ambience, both dispatch tones and unit responses. For instance:

“Engine 4, Truck 13, Deputy Chief 2, respond to a smoke investigation at 123 Main Street.”

“Engine 4 responding.”

Like that. I think it would work particularly well if the unit names could be read out as the whole number if they were 1 or 2 digits, and as separate digits if they were more than 2. For instance “engine forty-one” vs “squad three-fifty-four”.

• Not per say a specific suggestion - but rather a review of all the current missions to identify other missions where Ladders and/or Heavy Rescues can replace engines. Not every mission that currently in the real world would be able to be completed by any given fire unit has that option set up.

Examples:

Elevator Rescue allows for Heavy Rescue instead of engine but in reality it could also be handled by a truck

All of the medical missions requiring 1 engine could also be completed by a truck or rescue.

• An option to connect vehicles that are crossed crewed would be good. This could work in a similar way to the prime mover system.

For example, if an ALP is cross crewed by a pump crew, you could assign the ALP to the pump. This would then mean that, if the ALP was at station, but the pump was out of station but available, the pump would respond back to station when mobilised with the ALP. The ALP would stay status 3 at station, then once the pump returned to station, both vehicles would set off to the incident. This would simulate the pump crew collecting the ALP or other cross crewed vehicle from station, which happens in real life.

• Ability to utilise multiple of the same course provided by the alliance. Eg, if theres 4 critical care courses, you can select one and then select up to 40 people and it auto assigns to the other 3 courses as needed.

• Alctw10

Closed the thread.
  • Just to give everyone a heads up, I have submitted up the list compiled from several various suggestions to the devs and they are reviewing them. I have highlighted the point that players have been wanting to see these things for years and want them over a content pack for the next update

• Hello all.

Here is the list of changes that we want to see added to the games that I took to the devs.

Add standby points
    Allow Vehicles to be attached to another
    Add station cover system
    Allow buildings to be part of multiple dispatch centres
    Change the service times from hour intervals to 15 minutue intervals
    Add timers to individual crew (a bit like vehicle dispatch delays)
    Add out of service times for crew
    Add specific days to out of service times for crew and vehicles
    Allow the player to add rank tags to crew
    Add times to vehicle delays a bit like out of service times
    Allow crew members to be assigned to secondary vehicles
    Improve Education Systems
    Fix EMS standown
    Optional vehicle maintanence period
    Add vehicle and building sales
    Add a notes section to buildings so players can pin a note to a building
    Add a map note function
    Timing on weekly alliance missions should be changed from 1 every 24hours to 1 every 23 hours. And alliance events should be 1 every 6 days rather than 1 every 7 days
    Increase the ammount of timed missions players can generate
    Add a dispatch random patrol vehicle feature when assigning vehicles to patrol routes
    Players would be able to establish a patrol schedule which would automatically send a number of patrol vehicles from a selected station out onto selected routes.
    Players would be able to set the mission speed time for different services
    Allow players to create 4 staging areas
    Make police aviation 6 days rather than 7 dayrs
    Add incrememnts next to the set max crewing for automatic recruitment

This is the devs response

There are a few thing we want to do rather soon, others might be more difficult. What we are working on right now is:

Increasing the number of staging areas a player can have at the same time to 4 (for premium to 8). The came from your idea of standby points, which is pretty similar to staging areas.

Increasing the number of timed missions a player can have.

Allowing service times to be set to times with hour, minute, and weekday.

Option to attach a note to a building.

Make it possible to delete staging areas.

We are also looking at more things you suggested. We won’t be able to do all the things, especially where it comes to have individual settings for crew members. We don’t want end up with performance issues. If we had all these settings they’d have to be checked for each one individually each time there is a call for a mission. This would mean an enormous increase in the calculations needed.

As I have said from the start, this is a community pack based on your suggestions and I will be as open as possible with you all the whole way through. I have re opened the thread so that you can discuss.

• I think this is a good start - Hopefully over time more and more can be added (obviously resources depending!), but it's nice to see something being taken on board.

Although, I am disappointed about EMS standdown fix not being included, since it is a premium perk.

Also - Since staging area improvements are included, is the following also to be fixed: Sending large amounts of units to a staging area results in a large portion being unable to be sent to missions from the staging area.

• I think this is a good start - Hopefully over time more and more can be added (obviously resources depending!), but it's nice to see something being taken on board.

Although, I am disappointed about EMS standdown fix not being included, since it is a premium perk.

Also - Since staging area improvements are included, is the following also to be fixed: Sending large amounts of units to a staging area results in a large portion being unable to be sent to missions from the staging area.

EMS Standown, I will continue to peruse this as I agree it’s unacceptable being a premium feature.

The staging area issue is something that has been looked into several times and no one is ever sure what it is. Previous dev and new devs have looked and can’t find the issue.

Just wondering if we have any time lines for any of these being introduced to the game.

Look forward to seeing some of these changes.

I think it makes the game interesting when new updates come out .

Please keep up the hard work to all involved.

No timeline I’m afraid. This has been really my only focus with the game at the moment is trying to get this content pack pushed through, haven’t really been focusing on anything else.

• Can we increase or get rid of the station radius, my reasoning is and this is a suggestion but my reasoning is I have POIs and other things set up but they don’t get used because the radius doesn’t reach them. We have a ton of Forest and water systems but no stations close by like the game currently requires in fact we have three stations which in game barely covers half the area my real life stations cover (for fire (but could be included for all)). Yes I did do a station and radius analysis before I said that for my area I literally had to make some random stations to make some of the POIs and areas work. I am glad I don’t get as many random calls in the middle of a road in the city, still getting some but not as much but that’s a different thing, my suggestion increase, improve, or get rid of station radius for POIs.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!