PARAMEDIC SQUAD

• Hello. I would like to suggest a new feature in the EMS side of the game. Many fire departments, especially across the US, have a paramedic squad, specifically for patient treatment. It is not capable of transport, but can treat patients quickly, and sometimes can replace the role of a heavy rescue. Can this possibly be added in addition to the ambulance and the fly-car?

• To confirm, what would it be capable of dealing with?

Heavy Rescue but can treat patients as much as a fly car can?

Yessir that's correct is would be able to treat patients and have rescue capabilities. Look at, for example Houston, or Los Angeles county fire departments. They have EMS supervisors, which to me would be the fly-car, they have ambulance, but the one vehicle we are missing is the squad. It's almost like the quint they came out with- a combo of ladder and engine. This would be like a combo of fly car and rescue. They mainly do patient treatment but also help with rescue at medical calls, vehicle incidents, fires, and the works.

• Nickoli, maybe where you live in the US there are units as you are describing, but where I live there are only 'First Reponders' in which would be the fly car, and the ambulance. However, firefighers on my area are often cross trained a EMT's, or Ambulance Medics as they're called in game. Or, possibly what you are thinking of is a Mass Casualty unit? I am unsure of what you are referring to. Maybe try to find a picture of one and attach it?

• Nickoli, maybe where you live in the US there are units as you are describing, but where I live there are only 'First Reponders' in which would be the fly car, and the ambulance. However, firefighers on my area are often cross trained a EMT's, or Ambulance Medics as they're called in game. Or, possibly what you are thinking of is a Mass Casualty unit? I am unsure of what you are referring to. Maybe try to find a picture of one and attach it?

Well I think it would be a good addition, especially because this game seems based strongly on US aspects. Mass casualty is not the same. Also, here in the US firefighters must be EMTs as well. But some units are specially trained and designed for medical and rescue and they are squads, composed of 2-4 people. I will attach a picture

• I love to recreate actual fire departments, and I am currently doing Houston, as represented by the above squad picture. I would love to have an actual unit for them, although right now I am using utility units. They are common, and I believe the majority of players would enjoy this addition :)

• I love to recreate actual fire departments, and I am currently doing Houston, as represented by the above squad picture. I would love to have an actual unit for them, although right now I am using utility units. They are common, and I believe the majority of players would enjoy this addition :)

It's true. People have expressed a lot of interest. Check out this link: http://www.pacificfire.org/?mdp=house%201 This is a department in Southwest St. Louis County, and is one of my departments in the game. This department does not have a heavy rescue, and relies on two of such rescue squads for all of their medical assist and rescue operations.

• Well I think it would be a good addition, especially because this game seems based strongly on US aspects. Mass casualty is not the same. Also, here in the US firefighters must be EMTs as well. But some units are specially trained and designed for medical and rescue and they are squads, composed of 2-4 people. I will attach a picture

I know what you mean now! My local department has one, it is used a as a first responder unit, light rescue, and grassland fire :)

• They are quite common not only on fire departments but also if you go into Virginia and North Carolina you will find them on the Rescue Squads down there. Locally there are a few, namely Squads on combination departments around Rochester NY, like Brighton, Pittsford, Ridge Road, and Barnard. Not all are Paramedic level, in fact most fire depts around here don't provide the Paramedic level except for Barnard which does the non-transport with one Ford F-350/ALF ALS Squad and 3 ALS Fly Cars. However you are incorrect in saying all firefighters in the US have to be EMTs, it's not true.

• They are quite common not only on fire departments but also if you go into Virginia and North Carolina you will find them on the Rescue Squads down there. Locally there are a few, namely Squads on combination departments around Rochester NY, like Brighton, Pittsford, Ridge Road, and Barnard. Not all are Paramedic level, in fact most fire depts around here don't provide the Paramedic level except for Barnard which does the non-transport with one Ford F-350/ALF ALS Squad and 3 ALS Fly Cars. However you are incorrect in saying all firefighters in the US have to be EMTs, it's not true.

WNYfirefighter I think you just confused everyone. keep in mind, this is not real life, and not everyone lives where you do. in most places, at least in the US, paramedic or at least EMT basic services are provided. And i have never heard of a professional fire department that doesnt require firefighters to be EMTs, so please do share. Rescue squads and paramedic squads are not the same thing. depending on where you go, heavy rescues are called different things, varying between rescue and squad. paramedic squad is capable of light rescue, but is not a heavy rescue. And all the vehicle names you are giving are not doing any good, as this, once again, is not real life, and have no sway on the topic or unit functionality. Also, a utility is also not the same as a rescue squad. And i am aware the utility is in the game, and what it is capable of, which is why i posted this thread. It's because i want a paramedic squad. and a lot of other people do to. keep in mind we dont all live in the same area as you, and you do not set the standard for this game or functionality of fire departments, so please do not post things that are going to confuse people and unnecessarily cause petty useless conflicts. :)

• FDNY is the obvious one.

Gavin, this has nothing to do with my thread. its causing confusion. I don't care what the FDNY requires. what is obvious, however, is that almost all firefighters spots require emt certification, some paramedic. and they should. this thread is for people who want to discuss adding paramedic squads to the game. so I have alredy reported you and WNYfirefighter for spam. please quit its getting annoying. also, next time you quote me, please be courteous and quote the whole reply.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!